B-Sens 2020-2021 Belleville Senators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yeah, this is pretty simple stuff and you've outlined it perfectly. Management couldn't put together a competent AHL defense and made moves to actively hurt it. This hurts all prospects in Belleville. Its an unstructured mess.

It all comes back to the Sens inability and lack of pro scouting. They are just completely incapable of properly assessing players in the NHL and AHL and have a very backwards way of valuing players (especially Dmen). The people arguing with you here are just gaslighting Sens fans and making excuses for incompetence that we've all become very accustomed to over the years here in Dorions time. The people in charge here have not done their job. Full stop.

Gotta feel for Troy Mann, he had skill last year and look what he was able to do, and that was with very little AHL veteran talent.

Brannstrom played 27 AHL Games last year but is NHL ready and needed now. I guess Thomson replaces him but he's not as good

Jordan Murray wasn't very good defensively but good on the PP and could produce offense. Who is replacing him? Colby Williams? Olle Alsing? Yeah, no one.

Aspirot and Dougherty are back. Jaros and Lajoie gone, Alsing and Williams in.

Corrado is gone, Goloubef is an addition but has looked really bad so far. Not sure what is going on with him

Belleville was good last season on the strenght of top prospects but with Norris, Batherson, Balcers, Brannstrom, Jaros and Lajoie gone, Mann isn't able to hide the team deficiencies anymore.

I'm not sure I really understand what is wrong exactly but sometimes it feels like Dorion goes based on old reports and viewings he had on players 2 years ago. Does he assume that everything stays equal? Does he go with what seems to be a good solution but didn't see this or that coming?

I think the guy has good intentions but most of the time, it just backfires. In the end, it comes down to :

You need foresight to be a good GM in the NHL. And with Melnyk as an owner, we need an extremely good GM.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Yeah, this is pretty simple stuff and you've outlined it perfectly. Management couldn't put together a competent AHL defense and made moves to actively hurt it. This hurts all prospects in Belleville. Its an unstructured mess.

It all comes back to the Sens inability and lack of pro scouting. They are just completely incapable of properly assessing players in the NHL and AHL and have a very backwards way of valuing players (especially Dmen). The people arguing with you here are just gaslighting Sens fans and making excuses for incompetence that we've all become very accustomed to over the years here in Dorions time. The people in charge here have not done their job. Full stop.
Don’t be ignorant. No one is saying Dorion has done a good job but many here, especially you, have this massive agenda and refuse to acknowledge anything about circumstances or even accept any positives. It’s annoying as hell.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Specifically on the bolded.
Brannstrom, Norris, Stuetzle, Tkachuk are too good for the AHL. Pinto, Sanderson and JBD went NCAA. That’s 7 players 21 and under who are not playing in Belleville. Add in Formenton, Greig, Klevin, Batherson Thomson and that’s 12 players 21 and under acquired since June 2018. Just because they aren’t in Belleville doesn’t mean Dorion hasn’t used his assets well. This doesn’t even account for Crookshank or Jarventie or Sogaard or Guenette.
There are certainly some good pieces in the system both in and out of Belleville, but they really failed to insulate those good players in Belleville imo, and compounded the issue by moving our Jaros and Lajoie, seemingly for no particular reason.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Lol, here is the root of the problem between me and some fans;

Obviously Lajoie and Janos were moved for a reason. Just because we don’t know the exact reason doesn’t mean that there wasn’t one.

In fact, I feel it’s safe to say that there was indeed a reason.

It may have been a simple as giving the two a chance to crack a different NHL roster since they weren’t making our team.

This kind of minor move happens all the time, and is part of the human side of the game.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
There are certainly some good pieces in the system both in and out of Belleville, but they really failed to insulate those good players in Belleville imo, and compounded the issue by moving our Jaros and Lajoie, seemingly for no particular reason.
I’ll give you Jaros but Lajoie was an AHL healthy scratch last year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’ll give you Jaros but Lajoie was an AHL healthy scratch last year.

He played the 4th most games of any D on the team last year despite being up in Ottawa for a while, we also had a pretty good group of AHL Dmen with Jaros, Murray, Brannstrom, Dougherty, Aspirot and Corrado. Our D group was far superior to this years imo, I doubt he'd be a healthy scratch right now.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
He played the 4th most games of any D on the team last year despite being up in Ottawa for a while, we also had a pretty good group of AHL Dmen with Jaros, Murray, Brannstrom, Dougherty, Aspirot and Corrado. Our D group was far superior to this years imo, I doubt he'd be a healthy scratch right now.

But he also may not make the D any better.

There were a lot of questions around if the AHL was even going to run, then start dates, and now game cancellations. I don’t think looking to make Belleville the best team possible this shortened season has been high on the list. Quarantine rules make it difficult to acquire players now, so I can see reason for the team to focus on what they have, and work on developing the young players.

Next year they should be much better again when they get the next wave of prospects.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
But he also may not make the D any better.

There were a lot of questions around if the AHL was even going to run, then start dates, and now game cancellations. I don’t think looking to make Belleville the best team possible this shortened season has been high on the list. Quarantine rules make it difficult to acquire players now, so I can see reason for the team to focus on what they have, and work on developing the young players.

Next year they should be much better again when they get the next wave of prospects.

I think he would make the current group better, but not a hill I'm going to die on, Jaros though would probably be their top dman right now...

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I think he would make the current group better, but not a hill I'm going to die on, Jaros though would probably be their top dman right now...

Me neither lol. Jaros to me seems to be the exact player that they would trade so he could crack a different team’s lineup.

While he would likely be good in Belleville, he was not going to be making the Sens team going forward.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Lol, here is the root of the problem between me and some fans;

Obviously Lajoie and Janos were moved for a reason. Just because we don’t know the exact reason doesn’t mean that there wasn’t one.

In fact, I feel it’s safe to say that there was indeed a reason.

It may have been a simple as giving the two a chance to crack a different NHL roster since they weren’t making our team.

This kind of minor move happens all the time, and is part of the human side of the game.
This is so dishonest. There certainly was a reason Jaros was traded and it wasnt because Dorion was looking out for him to help him become a NHLer. He makes 250k in the minors. That's it, that's all.

Quit the BS

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
This is so dishonest. There certainly was a reason Jaros was traded and it wasnt because Dorion was looking out for him to help him become a NHLer. He makes 250k in the minors. That's it, that's all.

Quit the BS
Remember folks, Garrioch gave us a full report about how much money its gonna cost Melnyk to just keep the B-Sens up and running. Based on this, we all know that cutting costs is his #1 priority. The reason Jaros was traded is very obvious to 90% of us.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Quit the BS
If that’s why he was traded then it was a good move.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Walk me through your logic here.
The team has limited financial resources so having multiple AHLers making 250K + just takes away from the NHL team. They are already paying Shaw, Haley and Peca 1M in AHL salary. They should unload them as well.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The team has limited financial resources so having multiple AHLers making 250K + just takes away from the NHL team. They are already paying Shaw, Haley and Peca 1M in AHL salary. They should unload them as well.
So in your eyes it is acceptable to neglect our farm team during a rebuild to save fractions of what guys like Josh Brown, Derek Stepan, Brayden Coburn and Erik Gudbranson are making? You don't think that money could be saved elsewhere with some proper management?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
So in your eyes it is acceptable to neglect our farm team during a rebuild to save fractions of what guys like Josh Brown, Derek Stepan, Brayden Coburn and Erik Gudbranson are making? You don't think that money could be saved elsewhere with some proper management?
Yes. The AHL season is a joke this year. When is Belleville’s next game ? Also why hasn’t Jaros played yet this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad