Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That defense is not AHL level.

Reminds me of something

Or maybe it's because Daccord is crap? As some would conclude

Note : that 3rd goal should have absolutely be called back though, no chance it's allowed in the NHL for example.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Haven't seen Abramov lately. He had some nice jump to his game tonight.

Edit: out there now

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Daccord didn't look as sharp tonight but again tough to get a read on the goaltenders with the way the team has been playing.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is like a dopamin overdose for Hab fans and RDS commentators, they have the sensation that their team is elite since the B-Sens were good last year.

What a sad team builder Pierre Dorion is, it's crazy

How long do you need to bottom out exactly? 4 years into suckage, can't even have a decent AHL team.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Abramov is the best forward for Belleville. Greig close second.

Formenton just fishes for the puck to try and get a breakaway almost every shift. He has whiffed or failed to receive a pass way too many times; almost like he playing too good for the league cause when he's on he dominates.

Here's your daily Formenton McDavid rush:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lol, the best players from last year graduate to the NHL as rookies and the GM gets slammed for a diminished AHL team.

Pure comedy!

I get what you mean, but the defense is absolute hot garbage and Bishop and Kopecka are useless. Jaros and Lajoie should have been retained, stupid to get rid of them.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I get what you mean, but the defense is absolute hot garbage and Bishop and Kopecka are useless. Jaros and Lajoie should have been retained, stupid to get rid of them.

Sure in a vacuum, but the reality is that GM’s trade guys all the time so that hey can get an opportunity elsewhere to crack the NHL.

Those two guys aren’t make or break on a cobbled together AHL team in a cobbled AHL short season.

Sometimes relationships trump the desire to be a fraction better.

We should be prepared for a constant stream of youngish guys that aren’t going to crack the Sens to be traded to give them a chance elsewhere while we take on some journeymen.

Reactions: SensontheRush

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Lol, the best players from last year graduate to the NHL as rookies and the GM gets slammed for a diminished AHL team.

Pure comedy!

Sure, giving a lot of prime scoring chances to Brandon Baddock is not embarassing at all.

It's not because you have 2 prospects that graduate (happens to every AHL team) that you don't have the right to hire competent hockey players.

Anyway, I'll leave you to believe that everything is fine in Sens land! Dorion has been building pure magic. lol if he didn't inherit a lot of gold, we'd be even worse, if that's even possible.

Chabot, Norris and Stutzle are a result of Murray era by the way. Nick Paul and Colin White too

Dorion 5 years as a GM, what has he done?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Sure, giving a lot of prime scoring chances to Brandon Baddock is not embarassing at all.

It's not because you have 2 prospects that graduate (happens to every AHL team) that you don't have the right to hire competent hockey players.

Anyway, I'll leave you to believe that everything is fine in Sens land! Dorion has been building pure magic. lol if he didn't inherit a lot of gold, we'd be even worse, if that's even possible.

Chabot, Norris and Stutzle are a result of Murray era by the way. Nick Paul and Colin White too

This is such a dumb comment I don’t have the correct words to describe it. I’m not going to defend Dorion but it’s just dumb.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This is such a dumb comment I don’t have the correct words to describe it. I’m not going to defend Dorion but it’s just dumb.

Well, if you're going to call someone dumb, you should at least have an argument, or if not that would be even dumber

So what is dumb? About Brandon Baddock looking like an all-star? lol

You guys decide to blindly defend someone that has giving us our worst hockey since the expansion, we don't have the same definition of dumb

I wouldn't even complain if the team(s) were just competent, even if we end up losing more often than not.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well, if you're going to call someone dumb, you should at least have an argument, or if not that would be even dumber

So what is dumb? About Brandon Baddock looking like an all-star? lol

You guys decide to blindly defend someone that has giving us our worst hockey since the expansion, we don't have the same definition of dumb

I wouldn't even complain if the team(s) were just competent, even if we end up losing more often than not.
You said 2 prospects graduated. It is 3 and Brown and Chlapik didn’t play. You said Murray was responsible for Stuetzle and Norris, well Dorion made the trade and if Dorion and Forsberg dont tell Murray he has to trade up to get Karlsson we don’t have EK. Dorion has made a lot of mistakes but to get bitter about an AHL team losing is silly.
Also, I didn’t call you dumb I said it was a dumb comment.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

This post reads a bit unhinged man.

Dorion was chief scout during all of those years as you know, and was the one who traded to get Norris and the pick that he then used to get Jimmy. He also picked BT.

My reality, is that I know that there have been bumps this year, but I can’t really have normal conversations about it with people who have jumped off a cliff.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Sure in a vacuum, but the reality is that GM’s trade guys all the time so that hey can get an opportunity elsewhere to crack the NHL.

Those two guys aren’t make or break on a cobbled together AHL team in a cobbled AHL short season.

Sometimes relationships trump the desire to be a fraction better.

We should be prepared for a constant stream of youngish guys that aren’t going to crack the Sens to be traded to give them a chance elsewhere while we take on some journeymen.

Exactly. Its only fair and a good move on the organization that player agents take note of - typically the same agents that the team needs to deal with in major negotiations.

Did we get the best return possible when we traded Mike Fisher to his Nashville so that he could be with his country music star wife?

Its possible but I doubt it, they knew he would be there one day eventually either way so that had to lower his trade value somewhat. But it was still the right thing to do either way, he more than earned that right to be treated like a person, and not just an asset that needed to be liquidated for max value at all costs.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You said 2 prospects graduated. It is 3 and Brown and Chlapik didn’t play. You said Murray was responsible for Stuetzle and Norris, well Dorion made the trade and if Dorion and Forsberg dont tell Murray he has to trade up to get Karlsson we don’t have EK. Dorion has made a lot of mistakes but to get bitter about an AHL team losing is silly.
Also, I didn’t call you dumb I said it was a dumb comment.

I don't know where to begin

I never criticized Dorion as a scout, that's his strenght (and the job he should still be doing). I give him credit for the Karlsson trade, and by the way I was among the VERY FEW to defend it right away, I thought that return had a lot of potential. But impossible to pull off if you don't have a prime asset like EK to kickstart the rebuild, thank God he didn't botch that one.

Speaking of DUMB (you started so if you're going to call me out on this, I don't give a crap), you really think using your whole brain that I am bitter because of the current state of the AHL team? Like really?

Ottawa the NHL team currently has allowed 4.11 GA/GP this season... This is the highest by far since the 1995-96 Sharks... And since we only score 2.32 GF/GP, I believe this is the worst differential since I don't even know when and kinda scared to look it up lol. This team is HISTORICALLY BAD, they suck for a 4th year in a row but it's even worse this year. So when do we get out of this? To at least being a "normal bad team"

So now imagine if Dorion didn't start with Zibanejad, Karlsson, Stone, Turris, Hoffman, Pageau, Chabot, Paul, Dzingel, White, etc (just listing the youngish assets)

And regarding the AHL team, we have traded literally EVERY player from the 2017 ECF team, we have accumulated assets like crazy (picks/prospects) and drafted HIGH for a few years. So what is the excuse for Belleville not looking AHL level? Because we have graduated 2 good prospects and another that played 27 AHL games last season?

So that's why my comment was dumb? :facepalm:

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
This post reads a bit unhinged man.

Dorion was chief scout during all of those years as you know, and was the one who traded to get Norris and the pick that he then used to get Jimmy. He also picked BT.

My reality, is that I know that there have been bumps this year, but I can’t really have normal conversations about it with people who have jumped off a cliff.

So the other dude calls my comment dumb, and now you come up with "unhinged "?

The definition I get for this word is "mentally unbalanced, deranged"

I mean, I don't want to retaliate like I used to but seriously...

Listen I know everything about the Sens, I don't need these infos about Dorion's past.

"He also picked BT". Yes he did as he picked 4th OA because his teams literally SUCK.

So if we DARE to criticize this joke of an organization, it's because we have jumped off a cliff?

Has this world gone insane? It's my post that reads a bit unhinged?

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
So the other dude calls my comment dumb, and now you come up with "unhinged "?

The definition I get for this word is "mentally unbalanced, deranged"

I mean, I don't want to retaliate like I used to but seriously...

Listen I know everything about the Sens, I don't need these infos about Dorion's past.

"He also picked BT". Yes he did as he picked 4th OA because his teams literally SUCK.

So if we DARE to criticize this joke of an organization, it's because we have jumped off a cliff?

Has this world gone insane? It's my post that reads a bit unhinged?

In short, yes.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Yes to?

If you think I am the one "unhinged" because I dare to criticize a team that is historically bad, I really don't know what to tell you lol

I don’t feel like dissecting your posts any further, they don’t make sense to me, it’s just venting and not really much to do with the team. Take from that what you will.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I don’t feel like dissecting your posts any further, they don’t make sense to me, it’s just venting and not really much to do with the team. Take from that what you will.

Of course, if we complain about anything related to the Sens, it just doesn't make sense and it has not really much to do with the team

Makes a lot of sense.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I don't know where to begin

I never criticized Dorion as a scout, that's his strenght (and the job he should still be doing). I give him credit for the Karlsson trade, and by the way I was among the VERY FEW to defend it right away, I thought that return had a lot of potential. But impossible to pull off if you don't have a prime asset like EK to kickstart the rebuild, thank God he didn't botch that one.

Speaking of DUMB (you started so if you're going to call me out on this, I don't give a crap), you really think using your whole brain that I am bitter because of the current state of the AHL team? Like really?

Ottawa the NHL team currently has allowed 4.11 GA/GP this season... This is the highest by far since the 1995-96 Sharks... And since we only score 2.32 GF/GP, I believe this is the worst differential since I don't even know when and kinda scared to look it up lol. This team is HISTORICALLY BAD, they suck for a 4th year in a row but it's even worse this year. So when do we get out of this? To at least being a "normal bad team"

So now imagine if Dorion didn't start with Zibanejad, Karlsson, Stone, Turris, Hoffman, Pageau, Chabot, Paul, Dzingel, White, etc (just listing the youngish assets)

And regarding the AHL team, we have traded literally EVERY player from the 2017 ECF team, we have accumulated assets like crazy (picks/prospects) and drafted HIGH for a few years. So what is the excuse for Belleville not looking AHL level? Because we have graduated 2 good prospects and another that played 31 AHL games last season?

So that's why my comment was dumb? :facepalm:
Specifically on the bolded.
Brannstrom, Norris, Stuetzle, Tkachuk are too good for the AHL. Pinto, Sanderson and JBD went NCAA. That’s 7 players 21 and under who are not playing in Belleville. Add in Formenton, Greig, Klevin, Batherson Thomson and that’s 12 players 21 and under acquired since June 2018. Just because they aren’t in Belleville doesn’t mean Dorion hasn’t used his assets well. This doesn’t even account for Crookshank or Jarventie or Sogaard or Guenette.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Specifically on the bolded.
Brannstrom, Norris, Stuetzle, Tkachuk are too good for the AHL. Pinto, Sanderson and JBD went NCAA. That’s 7 players 21 and under who are not playing in Belleville. Add in Formenton, Greig, Klevin, Batherson Thomson and that’s 12 players 21 and under acquired since June 2018. Just because they aren’t in Belleville doesn’t mean Dorion hasn’t used his assets well. This doesn’t even account for Crookshank or Jarventie or Sogaard or Guenette.

Im not talking about the prospect pool, it's the ONLY hope this team has. I have talked enough about it and said it was pretty good, but I also think those prospects would need a little bit more competitiveness around them to be put in a position to succeed.

Lassi Thomson
Cody Goloubef
Hubert Labrie
Jonathan Aspirot
Olle Alsing
Jack Dougherty
Colby Williams

The 20 y/o AHL rookie is by far the best D-man on this team. I mean, it's pretty evident where the problem is and it becomes even more obvious when you watch the games.

Waived/traded Jaros and Lajoie, no replacements. Isn't it supposed to be an important thing to have a competitive team in the AHL during a rebuild? It looked like it was happening last season but it didn't last very long. You can't be competitive with that defense

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Im not talking about the prospect pool, it's the ONLY hope this team has. I have talked enough about it and said it was pretty good, but I also think those prospects would need a little bit more competitiveness around them to be put in a position to succeed.

Lassi Thomson
Cody Goloubef
Hubert Labrie
Jonathan Aspirot
Olle Alsing
Jack Dougherty
Colby Williams

The 20 y/o AHL rookie is by far the best D-man on this team. I mean, it's pretty evident where the problem is and it becomes even more obvious when you watch the games.

Waived/traded Jaros and Lajoie, no replacements. Isn't it supposed to be an important thing to have a competitive team in the AHL during a rebuild? It looked like it was happening last season but it didn't last very long. You can't be competitive with that defense
Yeah, this is pretty simple stuff and you've outlined it perfectly. Management couldn't put together a competent AHL defense and made moves to actively hurt it. This hurts all prospects in Belleville. Its an unstructured mess.

It all comes back to the Sens inability and lack of pro scouting. They are just completely incapable of properly assessing players in the NHL and AHL and have a very backwards way of valuing players (especially Dmen). The people arguing with you here are just gaslighting Sens fans and making excuses for incompetence that we've all become very accustomed to over the years here in Dorions time. The people in charge here have not done their job. Full stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad