2020/2021 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.

is it just me or is this not the smarmiest bullshit? Headline should rather be "Lunatic condones kneeing someone in the back of the head because its a 'brand'"

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

is it just me or is this not the smarmiest bullshit? Headline should rather be "Lunatic condones kneeing someone in the back of the head because its a 'brand'"

Tkatchuck is a punk, but it looked like on the play in question he got pushed and fell awkwardly. Hearing Leaf’s goalie isn’t at their practice today. Regardless of how “we” view this play, I’m hoping both team absolutely kill each other next game. Hate ‘em both.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Tkatchuck is a punk, but it looked like on the play in question he got pushed and fell awkwardly. Hearing Leaf’s goalie isn’t at their practice today. Regardless of how “we” view this play, I’m hoping both team absolutely kill each other next game. Hate ‘em both.

We need them heathy to finish off benning/green

Reactions: vanuck

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I just can't stand at all the talk about how "this is just how Tkachuk plays, if he goes down he's falling on the goalie; if a trees falling get out of the way" (paraphrase)

As f***ing if Matthew Tkachuk is somesort of omnipotent deity who exists outside of the morality. Tkachuk nailing a goalie is not a law of nature get f***ing over yourself

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I tell my kids to fall on the goalie if they get pushed before every game.

Tkachuk should be a Canuck.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I just can't stand at all the talk about how "this is just how Tkachuk plays, if he goes down he's falling on the goalie; if a trees falling get out of the way" (paraphrase)

As f***ing if Matthew Tkachuk is somesort of omnipotent deity who exists outside of the morality. Tkachuk nailing a goalie is not a law of nature get f***ing over yourself
Send that to the Leaf’s room, so they all get into a fighting mood. Love to see lots of rough stuff between those two hated teams.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
Markstrom has 9 goals against so far this season, but by my count at least 4 has gone off of his own players. With a little better luck (or just without bad luck), he could be sporting a sparkling 5 goals against in 4 games this season.
Meanwhile in Vancouver, all it takes is one game to allow 5 against, some nights more. Man, I miss Markstrom!

Reactions: mossey3535

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Markstrom has 9 goals against so far this season, but by my count at least 4 has gone off of his own players. With a little better luck (or just without bad luck), he could be sporting a sparkling 5 goals against in 4 games this season.
Meanwhile in Vancouver, all it takes is one game to allow 5 against, some nights more. Man, I miss Markstrom!
.928 sv% 2.26 GAA

Pretty good, good thing we snuck him through waivers 7 years ago so he could go to Calgary for free.

sandwichbird2023

Aug 4, 2004
.928 sv% 2.26 GAA

Pretty good, good thing we snuck him through waivers 7 years ago so he could go to Calgary for free.
I can definitely see Markstrom in the Vezina conversation this year as long as he remains healthy. Wouldn't want to be Benning explaining that one, letting a Vezina goalie goes to a divisional rival because he is paying Eriksson/Sutter/Roussel/Myers/Beagle/Baertschi over $25m combined.
I don't know how FA sleeps at night. If my employee is the reason I have to light $25m a year on fire for multiple years, I would've fired him years ago, not giving him an extension. Rich people are strange.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
.928 sv% 2.26 GAA

Its absolutely incredible how much just gets completely glazed over.

Literal home grown Vezina calibre prime aged goalie, let walk, for nothing.

Imagine if Jets just let helley walk to the oilers, or gibson to the kings, vasi to the Panthers, for nothing, over 6m yr.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016

Pretty much everyone let go has been off to a good start, not just Markstrom. Toffoli has 8 points in 6 games. Tanev hasn't been on the ice for a goal against at even strength yet. Stecher has been given more minutes in Detroit, and yet again is very good at not getting scored on even if he doesn't have a point yet.

DustyMartellaughs

Flashing the leather.
Jun 12, 2009
Dawson Creek, BC
Its absolutely incredible how much just gets completely glazed over.

Literal home grown Vezina calibre prime aged goalie, let walk, for nothing.

Imagine if Jets just let helley walk to the oilers, or gibson to the kings, vasi to the Panthers, for nothing, over 6m yr.

This. All those bad contracts took away a goalie in his absolute prime.

Reactions: mossey3535

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
I tell my kids to fall on the goalie if they get pushed before every game.

Tkachuk should be a Canuck.
The goalies are defenseless, players purposely falling on goalies or running into them are potentially hurting the goalie who cannot avoid the contact. It is a dirty cowardly play that should not be encouraged. I think getting in goalies way is fine, and bumping them while battling is fine. Everyone knows what Thachuk is doing, Dallas knocked him out of last year's playoffs he will suffer pushback along with other Flame players. Great to watch when he is not playing the Canucks.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
The goalies are defenseless, players purposely falling on goalies or running into them are potentially hurting the goalie who cannot avoid the contact. It is a dirty cowardly play that should not be encouraged. I think getting in goalies way is fine, and bumping them while battling is fine. Everyone knows what Thachuk is doing, Dallas knocked him out of last year's playoffs he will suffer pushback along with other Flame players. Great to watch when he is not playing the Canucks.
Don’t push players into the goalie. Simple.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Don’t push players into the goalie. Simple.
We know that there are players who will take advantage of a push from behind and land on the goalie. Kypreos would make sure he got a piece of Fuhr. M.Tkachuk would do the same. A guy like Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, is unlikely to do that.

Roussel might be the only Canuck who would make sure he lands on a goalie. Not sure that there is another forward that would right now.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
So other than Markstrom trying to prove a point to Vancouver, he's been abysmal and no, he isn't a Vezina candidate goalie.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
So other than Markstrom trying to prove a point to Vancouver, he's been abysmal and no, he isn't a Vezina candidate goalie.

Prove what point to Vancouver?
I have no idea how he's been in Calgary. I know he is facing substantially less HD scoring chances per game in calgary compared to Vancouver.
all 3 western Canadian teams were going hard at him, Apparently Edmonton was 7 years
Vancouver refused to go long term which I can respect and agree with, just wish they applied that same concept when they go at other older trash UFA's that they have signed.

I think he's a candidate vezina, but wasnt even remotely close to winning last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad