2020/2021 Around the League Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Within the Canadian division, are eastern teams who come out west on road swings going to play each team multiple times? Their big road swing basically consists of three opponents, and everyone else is a short bus ride away except for one team smack in the middle. It pretty much has to be either one miniseries after another or endless games against nearby teams.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

Mark Messier continues to be an arrogant little baby. So embarrassing that they named a leadership trophy after this guy.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Within the Canadian division, are eastern teams who come out west on road swings going to play each team multiple times? Their big road swing basically consists of three opponents, and everyone else is a short bus ride away except for one team smack in the middle. It pretty much has to be either one miniseries after another or endless games against nearby teams.
Expect the whole league to play sets of games like they do in baseball to minimize travel (allows them to pack games together a bit more, and save travel costs).

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I'm having a hard time seeing the season start in January or at any time until either we get the case count back down to where it was in the summer or the vaccines become widely available, which won't be for several months. Anyone have a crystal ball?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Montreal-Ottawa would be the only one where I imagine they'd do ground transport. Toronto to either of the other two is still a long trip that NHLers wouldn't normally do.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Expect the whole league to play sets of games like they do in baseball to minimize travel (allows them to pack games together a bit more, and save travel costs).
The only issue for Canadians teams is that they are in the only 7 team division, so 1 team is off each night. So they need to be more diligent in the scheduling.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Michael Benning is off to an incredible start in the NCAA, 7 points in 6 games, 4th round selection by Florida.

I really wanted Canucks to draft him in the 3rd.

Reactions: timw33

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Montreal-Ottawa would be the only one where I imagine they'd do ground transport. Toronto to either of the other two is still a long trip that NHLers wouldn't normally do.
Ottawa is about 4 and a half hours from Toronto in the winter, and there's no need for additional ground transport. You just drive straight to the hotel, then straight to the arena for the game. For the Leafs I could see a 6-8 game road trip to Ottawa, Montreal, back to Ottawa, then home to Toronto. It depends on what the protocol looks like. You'd think avoiding unnecessary exposure to the public, especially in airports, would be important and that the league would look for easy opportunities to reduce it. Keeping outbreaks from happening among players is going to be a hell of a lot harder without a bubble.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Lunqvist isn't playing this season due to a heart condition, probably the end of his career if we're being honest.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Lunqvist isn't playing this season due to a heart condition, probably the end of his career if we're being honest.

Wow, I skimmed over a tweet where it said he wasn't well and I just assumed he had covid.

bandwagonesque

Mar 5, 2014
Duclair sings with Florida, 1x$1.7M. Frankly that's about what I'd have given him pre-pandemic and at this point thought he'd sign for $1-1.2M.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Michael Benning is off to an incredible start in the NCAA, 7 points in 6 games, 4th round selection by Florida.

I really wanted Canucks to draft him in the 3rd.
5’10 Dman. He’s a RHD which would help the Canucks depth at that side. Still, Hughes, Rathbone, are in the shorter side. Seems like the Canucks wanted some size on the back end this year.
Denver is a good program.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Roussel did an interview in French. Said he thinks Montreal will win the Canadian division and the Canucks will be mediocre/middle of the pack. Extremely weird thing to say as a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->