2020/2021 Around the League Thread | Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Might explain his struggles?

And he hasn't been a factor in the last 5 weeks. Him being out isn't some big advantage

To be honest, I have not watched any Flames games in a while. I assume losing your 1C would still hurt. I'm more thinking that this is just the beginning. The Flames will do the "right" thing and play their youngsters and taxi squads more, and not overplay their better players to try and win.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
They have another game vs Vancouver. So if they didn’t start him today he would go about a full week or slightly more than that between games.
I think he's a veteran enough goalie not to be that rusty (week isn't that long a period). Granted, my "athletic expertise" consists of running to the bathroom & doing my business inbetween commercial breaks in sports events & watch on TV.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
To be honest, I have not watched any Flames games in a while. I assume losing your 1C would still hurt. I'm more thinking that this is just the beginning. The Flames will do the "right" thing and play their youngsters and taxi squads more, and not overplay their better players to try and win.
Fair enough.

Had been relegated to the 3rd line lately Lindholm has been the 1C most of the year

Reactions: supercanuck

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think he's a veteran enough goalie not to be that rusty (week isn't that long a period). Granted, my "athletic expertise" consists of running to the bathroom & doing my business inbetween commercial breaks in sports events & watch on TV.
He last played the Saturday game vs Van. Edm/win who knows when they get under way. Edm/Van play this Saturday. So they wouldn’t start the Edm/win series until Tuesday at the earliest. Up to 10 days for Smith between starts.

Reactions: Hit the post

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
If Calgary wants to even attempt to he competitive next year they desperately need a 1C and idk if they're going to get much better than Reinhart. If he'd even go there. They've got no chance at eichel.

Anaheim also could use Reinhart if they strike out on eichel which I think likely.
Unless they're including zegras which would blow my mind, then they have a chance to outbid NYR.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
If Calgary wants to even attempt to he competitive next year they desperately need a 1C and idk if they're going to get much better than Reinhart. If he'd even go there. They've got no chance at eichel.

Anaheim also could use Reinhart if they strike out on eichel which I think likely.
Unless they're including zegras which would blow my mind, then they have a chance to outbid NYR.
Has Reinhart been playing C for the Sabres? In 2015 Buffalo had Eichel and ROR as their top 2 C. So Reinhart to play in the top 6 moved to the wing. ROR has been gone since the off season of 2018. That is 3 seasons now.m, half of reinharts nhl career.

did Buffalo actually shift Reinhart into the 2C slot since ROR was moved? Most of what I heard about Buffalo was them seeking a 2C lately.

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Yeah he's been the 1C since eichels been out, and has looked just fine nearly every time I've watched.
Certainly an upgrade on Monahan who has to be one of the worst 1c in the entire league.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah he's been the 1C since eichels been out, and has looked just fine nearly every time I've watched.
Certainly an upgrade on Monahan who has to be one of the worst 1c in the entire league.
Has he been their 2C since ROR was traded?

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Which 1st round playoff series are people here looking forward to the most?

I'm thinking Tampa/Florida, for me.

I think it's going to be really nice watching the US matchups mostly for the actual playoff energy of having 50%+ capacity fans.

The fanless CDN matchups are such a tragedy. TOR/MTL for first time since 79' and no one can be in the building.

Last edited:

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
we should get the descendants of the entire garbage late 80s team

already have sutter, bring back jeff tambellini, bring back matt butcher, overpay for adam lowry with hoglander or something stupid...who else has kids?

benning’s kid who’s our scout can strap on the skates too.

wrong sutter. i wish we had had brent.

not sure paul reinhart should be referred to as "garbage" even as a broad brush comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad