Not open for further replies.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Islanders take down the Flyers 1-0 in OT

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
@vanuck
"NSH's choice of bottom pairing D-men have been rather suspect lately...

Quit making us read between the lines and speculate what you mean. Just come out and tell us what your suspicion is. LOL

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Just watching young Jason Robertson for Dallas. He’s way better (and bigger) than Nic Robertson of the Leafs. A year older though.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Edmonton ties it against Montreal to make it a 1-1 tie. I really doubt we make the playoffs but Montreal will have to choke some games away because we don’t play them again.

edit- 2-1 Oilers, McDavid will not be denied.

3-1 Oilers. Montreal’s defence is falling apart. Beregevin made a terrible decision hiring Ducharme. They were much better under Julien, a veteran team doesn’t need a rookie head coach!

Last edited:
Reactions: Byfield

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Edmonton ties it against Montreal to make it a 1-1 tie. I really doubt we make the playoffs but Montreal will have to choke some games away because we don’t play them again.

3-1 Oilers. Montreal’s defence is falling apart. Beregevin made a terrible decision hiring Ducharme. They were much better under Julien, a veteran team doesn’t need a rookie head coach!
I kind of feel dirty wanting the Oilers to win that game.:laugh:

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013

We have a big run of games against Ott, If we win those 4 (big if) then go 500 (another big if) then 4 of our last 5 are against a flames team that could be tanking.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I don't understand how we can only have 4 in hand against the Habs though, they must have had a dream schedule all around

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
Habs lose in regulation and all of a sudden the Canucks are "in control of their own destiny" being 10 points behind with 5 games in hand.

I haven't paid much attention to the season during the COVID crisis but wow Montreal has been crapping the bed, and Calgary hasn't been much better. I'm scared to write this but the Canucks might actually have a shot at making the post-season.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
@vanuck
"NSH's choice of bottom pairing D-men have been rather suspect lately...

Quit making us read between the lines and speculate what you mean. Just come out and tell us what your suspicion is. LOL

Haha, I only meant to express my disappointment in some of their signings on defence as of late as I'd always thought they were above average at identifying and evaluating D-men. But bringing in guys like Tinordi, Sbisa and now Gudbranson really makes me think their pro scouting is broken or Poile is beginning to lose it. Something is clearly wrong in Nashville.

Gourde is gonna be a good player for Seattle.

I still feel they might go 7-3-1 and expose someone like McDonagh, whose contract the Bolts may not even mind getting out of with the amount of term left.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Max Domi to be scratched again? Has his play declined that much or is this just Torts being Torts? What's going on with this player?

I was watching the game last night and Torts challenged a goal for goaltender interference where clearly zero contact happened, and it made me honestly wonder if he was just trying to get fired at this point.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Calgary just comes across as a stale team lacking a real identity. I thought they had enough pieces to put it together, but watching a few of their games, they seem lost. They don't have the horses to play Darryl Sutter hockey, nor do they have the pure skill (like the Leafs or even the Rangers) to maximize the output of guys like Gaudreau and Lindholm. Seems like an incohesive group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad