Prospect Info: 2020 1st Rd Selection - #15 OA - LW Rodion Amirov (RUS) - 6'0", 177lbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
he reminds me a lot of Ehlers. I see some Mark Stone and Brayden Point there too. He won't be as good, but he is really effective at moving the puck up the ice and makes things really easy for his teammates and hard for his opponents

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
he reminds me a lot of Ehlers. I see some Mark Stone and Brayden Point there too. He won't be as good, but he is really effective at moving the puck up the ice and makes things really easy for his teammates and hard for his opponents

The first note I wrote when watching him for the first time was "reminds me of Ehlers". The more I watched, the more I realized that was the right call. Similar to Nylander in that silky way, but a completely different playstyle.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I see him comparable to Teravainen. Don’t think he’s as fast/explosive as Ehlers, but could see him being a better player overall.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Adding players with the level of skill as Robertson and Amirov over the next 2 years with 3 years of ELC is going to be so important. This is why I believe Robertson won't be on the team this year. Slide his ELC this year and bring him in next year. Amirov the year after.

It underscores the importance of always keeping that first round pick. It's basically going to be a top 2-3 prospect at any given time in your system. Second rounders are almost just as important, but they get tossed around to close the deal all too frequently.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd

What makes you think he won't be as good?
He's a 19 year old kid. He's got every chance and the talent.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Just tuned in at 12 minute mark of first period.

Right away Amirov has dynamic shift creating.

2nd shift has a nice chance right off the draw and follows it up with some nice defensive work.

Clearly looks like one of if not the most talented players the on ice.

Russia gets a PP and he doesnt see 1 second of time? :huh:

Reactions: cookie

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Just tuned in at 12 minute mark of first period.

Right away Amirov has dynamic shift creating.

2nd shift has a nice chance right off the draw and follows it up with some nice defensive work.

Clearly looks like one of if not the most talented guy on ice.

Russia gets a PP and he doesnt see 1 second of time? :huh:
it's ridiculous - that PP sucked

but amirov's looked great - he's a man among boys

and then he gets an excellent 4v4 chance lmao

Reactions: weems

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada

That was hilarious
Larionov will change the PP soon, that last one barely got out of the zone.

Something I noticed with this guy, (first viewing)
I expected him to play a more "smaller" game... he doesnt look small at all.

He seems like a player that's for sure. Wants the puck, but unselfishly...reads well and gets into outlet pass locations (even when it should be a dman, he circles to those areas)

Has a upright and confident style of skating... I like it so far.

weems

Jul 3, 2008

I've been impressed with his defensive awareness and overall hockeysense.

You combine those two things with the fact that he's a great skater with good hands and at worst he should be a solid contributer in the NHL.

Starting to become concerned with how he's being deployed on his Russian teams tho.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
That was hilarious
Larionov will change the PP soon, that last one barely got out of the zone.

Something I noticed with this guy, (first viewing)
I expected him to play a more "smaller" game... he doesnt look small at all.

He seems like a player that's for sure. Wants the puck, but unselfishly...reads well and gets into outlet pass locations (even when it should be a dman, he circles to those areas)

Has a upright and confident style of skating... I like it so far.

He plays a pretty mature game from what I've seen.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
I've been impressed with his defensive awareness and overall hockeysense.

You combine those two things with the fact that he's a great skater with good hands and at worst he should be a solid contributer in the NHL.

Starting to become concerned with how he's being deployed on his Russian teams tho.
It is worth noting that this Russian team seems to be a level ahead of Sweden's. In these kinds of games, I prefer to see more of what Amirov is doing - mature possession first play with safe plays made confidently. In a tourney, coaches will see what fits... sometimes it is a combination that works in the short-term but isn't feasible in the long-term and it's better to get answers against Sweden than against Canada.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
It is worth noting that this Russian team seems to be a level ahead of Sweden's. In these kinds of games, I prefer to see more of what Amirov is doing - mature possession first play with safe plays made confidently. In a tourney, coaches will see what fits... sometimes it is a combination that works in the short-term but isn't feasible in the long-term and it's better to get answers against Sweden than against Canada.

I agree it's nitpicking on my part but he should be seeing quality powerplay time.

Not just for his development but because he's that teams most talented player imo.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Khusnutdinov, Amirov and Podkolzin have looked dangerous consistently; Chinnakov had a flash but has been quiet

Sweden's 13 and 36 have shown some really slick plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad