GDT: 2019 World Championship

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Here's the Stecher goal

Super pumped for Stecher. Seems like he’s been getting rewarded with a bigger role on the team, and it’s great to see him contributing on the scoresheet. All fitting rewards for a guy that has to be one of the hardest working players to wear a Canucks jersey in recent times.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Jared McCann is looking impressive on the bigger ice...and part of one of Team Canada's best lines.

Just have a feeling that the Canucks will live to regret dumping him in that ill-fated Gudbranson deal.

Reactions: mossey3535

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Hughes is going to rack a ton of assists on Canucks, his passing is incredible. Only wish he starts focusing on his shot to get some goals.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
After watching highlights of Quinn Hughes on the bigger ice, becoming more convinced that he and Cale Makar will be the leading candidates for the Calder next season.

Those kind of d=men are virtually priceless in today's NHL...so much offense now driven from the back-end.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
For some reason Team Sweden had decided to use Pettersson as a winger which means less time with the puck, its also very stupid since he doesn’t get to dictate the flow of the game as much and because he’s the best natural center on the team. His predicted linemates for tomorrow is Landeskog and Lindholm so atleast that doesn’t suck.

Reactions: mossey3535

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
For some reason Team Sweden had decided to use Pettersson as a winger which means less time with the puck, its also very stupid since he doesn’t get to dictate the flow of the game as much and because he’s the best natural center on the team. His predicted linemates for tomorrow is Landeskog and Lindholm so atleast that doesn’t suck.
I get the impression the coach doesnt like his game. Its not as rush based as other players.

He went from top line with Nylander to playing with whoever to wing but also taking some draws mostly in the d zone.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I get the impression the coach doesnt like his game. Its not as rush based as other players.

He went from top line with Nylander to playing with whoever to wing but also taking some draws mostly in the d zone.
Yeah and I don’t really understand why. Sweden has always been a possesion team not a team that scores a ton of the counter attack.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton

Or because Pettersson just played the longest season of his career and was looking pretty gassed at the end of the year. Could just be giving the kid a break by not giving him the defensive responsibilities of playing center on the big ice.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The World Championships could be a gold-mine of experience for Demko....really hoping he gets into the some of the big games coming up for the States.

Bitz and Bites

May 5, 2012
Victoria
The World Championships could be a gold-mine of experience for Demko....really hoping he gets into the some of the big games coming up for the States.
Yes,good for him and QH to get in some additional games this season and play some competitive hockey in a fun environment.
Hopefully the US has a good tournament and heads home with a medal of some sorts.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013

The deke that Pettersson did on the second assist, he's on a different level than anyone else.

The Poacher

Dec 30, 2010
Pitt Meadows
Quinn Hughes’s putting on a gap control clinic vs Germany today. The kid look outstanding on both sides of the puck. Can still get caught watching the puck carrier in the defensive zone but overall fantastic.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Glad to see all mighty Eriksson still gets the favouritism over Jesper Bratt during 5 on 5 and PP time over Nylander who has been the best Swedish player so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad