GDT: 2019 World Championship

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Well at least in Vancouver Loui's buried in the bottom six and just plays PK for the most part, right? I don't know what dirt he had on our coach but he almost lead all forwards in tournament ice time, played on the #1 PP and even played the 3 on 3 OT. It's not like he was some kind of revelation in a new system either, he just kept playing like in Vancouver and kept getting ice time.

It's the little things!

Mentorship!

You win with players 26 to 35!

There are no shortcuts! We are accelerating development!

Cap space doesn't matter!

But Giiiiiilllllllliiiiiiiisssss!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Loui Eriksson: -11 in 9 games, with most of the games against weak competition. The team was +19 or so in total. Even if you really suck, that's hard to accomplish playing for Sweden. That's just pure talent in being bloody awful. All his goals were in an open net, none of his points impressive. And then we haven't even accounted for things like his own goal playing on the PK. And he STILL got a ton of ice time. I can't even...

Pettersson was pretty great though. He struggled earlier in the tournament, but worked himself into making an impact.
He struggled largely because he was moved around etc. He showed some chemistry with Horny and someone else whom I forget now.

Was immediately moved off that line, then to the wing at one point only taking d zone face offs.

I mean boy, nothing really says you are trying to get your best player going than inexplicably changing him around.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Inb4 he blames the head coach again
I'm sorry, am I actually in presence of a forgiving fan base that has been emotionally patient with their own coach, or what are you implying? Of course Grönborg had a big part in it, but that doesn't absolve Loui from consistently playing like garbage. Like I wrote.

Or what, who is he? Are you talking about Loui or me? You didn't exactly give anything straight to go around.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This year's WHC has been a 'win-win' for Canuck fans. Team Canada into the final, and Hughes, Stecher, Pettersson and Demko will benefit immensely from the high-level of competition.

Reactions: Mr. Canucklehead

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I'm sorry, am I actually in presence of a forgiving fan base that has been emotionally patient with their own coach, or what are you implying? Of course Grönborg had a big part in it, but that doesn't absolve Loui from consistently playing like garbage. Like I wrote.

Or what, who is he? Are you talking about Loui or me? You didn't exactly give anything straight to go around.
I meant the comment Loui made about Travis Green before the tournament

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
I meant the comment Loui made about Travis Green before the tournament
I believe he said something along those lines to swedish media aswell. Even expanding upon it saying that it was nice to get a bigger role from the coaches again to raise his stock. Yeah sorry buddy if there was any value in your stock at the beginning of the tournament, or even a belief that you could be a good complimentary piece on the top 6 again, its all gone now.

Reactions: Star Ocean

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad