GDT: 2019 WJC Summer Showcase | Broberg, Lavoie, and Rodrigue Playing | Jul 26 - Aug 3

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Is it me or does he look like Nurse out there?

That is actually a really great comparable. Similar skillset and mindset, and will likely face many of the same challenges. Nurse used to be able to turn the corner on guys in juniors too, but found it a lot tougher in the NHL. The hands in tight are almost identical, in that they are lacking. But that's okay.

If we get another Nurse out of Broberg, that'd be great!

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'd agree Broberg has a better stick and positional sense in the DZ. Don't think he's nearly the offensive threat Bouchard is, but his passing is better than was mentioned pre-draft. I have little doubt he'll play in the NHL, it's the offence that will be interesting.

Definitely sad watching the Oilers last year and seeing Bouchard and Caleb Jones were immediately the best passers on the D corpse. :D

We have some pretty good puckmovers coming up now. Jones, Bouchard, Broberg, Persson

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Brobergs biggest flaw in these games is he is trying to do everything.

I have time for guys who make mistakes because they are trying things rather than making them out it stupidity.

Not many on this swedish team can do much of anything aside from Broberg, Raymond and Gustafsson

replacement

Oct 20, 2018
Very nice drive to the net, I wish nurse would cut to the front like that, instead he always goes wide and behind the net.

Don’t know if it’s a lack of skill or confidence

It's just very very hard to do in the NHL. In fact, you will rarely ever see a dman turn the corner on another dman like that in the bigs. Just doesn't happen much. Nurse used to do it all the time in SSM.

Broberg will find it similarly challenging.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It's just very very hard to do in the NHL. In fact, you will rarely ever see a dman turn the corner on another dman like that in the bigs. Just doesn't happen much. Nurse used to do it all the time in SSM.

Then him struggling early in the SHL will prepare him much better than doing it in the OHL

Reactions: ujju2

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Did he tho?

I recall really starting to watch him during the Mem Cup and the one thing that didn't take long to notice was that he skated it low and just threw it away almost everytime.

Reactions: Raab

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Did he tho?

I recall really starting to watch him during the Mem Cup and the one thing that didn't take long to notice was that he skated it low and just threw it away almost everytime.

Nurse didn't play in the Memorial Cup. Could be thinking of the playoffs where SSM went up against McDavid's Otters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad