GDT: 2019 WJC Summer Showcase | Broberg, Lavoie, and Rodrigue Playing | Jul 26 - Aug 3

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We'll see. I've watched Nurse a hell of a lot more than Broberg. But from what I've seen, don't think there's much that puts him above Nurse.

Nurse is a 40pt dman in the NHL at age 24. That means you believe Broberg will eventually be a 50-60pt producer in the league? I sure hope so! But I'm not betting on it.

Oilers will have done very well with this pick if they land a Nurse/Klefbom hybrid at pick 8. Will take that every time.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
That forward was weak as all hell though, lol. He just nudged him and he goes down.

He's got an awkward footing from receiving the pass that way. Thats the kind of play that years ago would have had coaches reaming you out for throwing pucks up the middle that way, lined up his man right on the trolley tracks.

When I was about 15 making that pass would staple your ass to the bench for a shift or two every time.

Reactions: Cloned

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Do you think Dubas was wearing those glasses when Nylander and Matthews took him to the cleaners?

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
(If I'm not beaten to this)...

Holland says he's pretty much done with the roster other than the JP situation where he said he'll heat up the phone lines over the next couple weeks... and if nothing gets done with that... Europe is likely the only other option.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
(If I'm not beaten to this)...

Holland says he's pretty much done with the roster other than the JP situation where he said he'll heat up the phone lines over the next couple weeks... and if nothing gets done with that... Europe is likely the only other option.

I hope he adds a 3C still.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'm warming to this pick, can never have a defensive prospect pool that's too deep, but man oh man does Cole Caufield ever look amazing in this tournament. His shot release is unbelievable.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If you combined Broberg and Bouchard into one player, would he be the best defensive prospect in the league?

At least we get them as a potential pairing.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Holland... "Broberg has said he's grown an inch in the last month... he's over 6'4" now".
That's another thing I like about this pick. He's one of the younger players in the draft being a late June birthday, and sometimes those players add another inch or two. I seem to recall Caleb Jones added an inch or 2 after we drafted him. Either way, a 6'4 D that skates like Broberg is just fine in my books.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
How did Lavoie do?

For my eyes he looked a bit lost out there. Not much chemistry with his line mates, forcing plays and dangling too much for power forward. He was numerous times on right places but puck didn’t connect. Missed couple opportunities too when he hesitated with the shot or fanned it a bit.
What I really liked was his positioning. For young forward he is positioning himself right what comes to defensive responsibilities. It’s kind of his thing why he doesn’t need to skate and rush around the rink and look busy when he is taking right skating paths well beforehand. That’s very important for big guys who don’t have speed or agility or stamina to be everywhere. He also seems to have dark side and can go under the skin of opponents quite naturally just by passing by after the whistle.
These remarks from Can-Fin and USA-Can games, haven’t seen much more.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
For my eyes he looked a bit lost out there. Not much chemistry with his line mates, forcing plays and dangling too much for power forward. He was numerous times on right places but puck didn’t connect. Missed couple opportunities too when he hesitated with the shot or fanned it a bit.
What I really liked was his positioning. For young forward he is positioning himself right what comes to defensive responsibilities. It’s kind of his thing why he doesn’t need to skate and rush around the rink and look busy when he is taking right skating paths well beforehand. That’s very important for big guys who don’t have speed or agility or stamina to be everywhere. He also seems to have dark side and can go under the skin of opponents quite naturally just by passing by after the whistle.
These remarks from Can-Fin and USA-Can games, haven’t seen much more.

While I do agree about him seeming a bit lost at times, I don't agree that the dangling was an issue. He had a ton of nice dekes that drew penalties and breakaways.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->