Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Hearing Arsenal want banega offering 18 million. Stupid for all parties if it goes through.

Old and not really a position we need. The only positive I Can really see is that he played under Unai and was good in his system. Might be good to get a "model" player in that really buys into the attention to detail that Unai has.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Old and not really a position we need. The only positive I Can really see is that he played under Unai and was good in his system. Might be good to get a "model" player in that really buys into the attention to detail that Unai has.

He's old and way too slow for the EPL. He'd get eaten alive in the midfield. It'll be career suicide for him. Bad for Sevilla because in this market 18 million is not going get you far. Well with their scouts it will however, they lose one of the core pieces and no one to replace him with. They'll probably move for Caseseres a year or two from now but he's not that level yet. It's bad for Arsenal because of the wages and a waste of a roster spot plus fee.

Roy Hodgson's first signing for Liverpool was Christian Poulsen.

Never forget.

Roy is a bit of an idiot though.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
And this weeks predictions on Ajax' duo:

Frenkie de Jong - Barcelona, for 72M.
Matthijs de Ligt - Juventus, for 78M.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Tweet above mine isn’t loading so I don’t know what it says. I’m assuming it’s talking about Alderweireld extending his contract which has the small release clause. If United don’t get Koulibaly I have to imagine they trigger that clause in the summer.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Gerard Romero says Rabiot isn’t a priority for Barça because of his agent/mother’s demands, they’re focusing more on De Jong.

Really hope they secure De Ligt

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Gerard Romero says Rabiot isn’t a priority for Barça because of his agent/mother’s demands, they’re focusing more on De Jong.

I would be happy with de Ligt and de Jong going to Barcelona. I don't really want them splitting up and I definitely don't want either going to Juve.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Yes, apparently, Rabiot's mother, who had agreed to terms with Barca few weeks ago (hum, hum) now is asking for mo' money.
Typical. And Barca are not happy at all.

Of course, those are all rumors without sources.

Reactions: TheLeastOfTheBunch

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I thought both were more likely for summer transfers. Unless teams are going to secure deals now for summer?

But also, did UEFA eliminate the cup tied rule this year or am I imagining that?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I thought both were more likely for summer transfers. Unless teams are going to secure deals now for summer?

But also, did UEFA eliminate the cup tied rule this year or am I imagining that?

Essentially yes, although it's limited to a max of three players per team. Players can play for one team in the group stage and another in the knockout phase of the same competition.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Latest is the same as what I think @Ajacied posted the other day. De Jong apparently close, De Ligt apparently not. I read yesterday that De Ligt wants a guaranteed starting spot which is a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad