Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
The idea that spending hundreds of millions on a new stadium and training ground wasn't going to affect their ability to spend on transfers in the short term was always laughable.

Obviously it'll lead to higher financial power in the medium and longer term, but it's 100% going to affect available cash for a few years, especially when (according to most reports) a good chunk of the loans are very short term.
Which bring another possibility (which I thought impossible before).. Selling their top asset: Kane at a ridiculous price to ease their finance struggles?

Last edited:

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Left back, if I read it right That's Alaba's position. Maybe he will be playing in midfield or leave in the summer. 80m (if true) for a left back is insane. They have holes almost everywhere, but not at LB.
OMG. Please Liverpool lock Robertson on a long term contract before vulture start sniffing around.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Lucas Hernandez is not going to make much of a difference.
This is a move because they know one of their CBs is a goner, he will play as CB for sure.
Probably.The funny part is that both, Hummels and Boateng want/wanted to leave (Boa's PSG saga last summer and Hummels wants to leave now). So Niklas Süle and Hernandez then.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Usa u20 and NC state rb/rw manny perez appears to be signing for celtic after trialing there for the past few weeks. He will need to appeal for a work permit.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Probably.The funny part is that both, Hummels and Boateng want/wanted to leave (Boa's PSG saga last summer and Hummels wants to leave now). So Niklas Süle and Hernandez then.

Didn't know Hummels wanted to leave. Seems really odd considering he went back in the first place.

I would think Mai would continue to get come calls. I know he was called up for the last match. He's still quite young of course, but considering their squad I would think he could get more minutes.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
Celtic also linked with Mexican defender Edson Alvarez. That be a nice signing with benkovic loan up at end of season and boyata out of contract.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Weigl isn’t signing somewhere to not play. Dortmund doesn’t need to get rid of him in the middle of a season where we are competing for three trophies. PSG makes sense because they have no CM depth, they want to bench Rabiot due to him not re-signing and he’s had success under Tuchel.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Weigl isn’t signing somewhere to not play. Dortmund doesn’t need to get rid of him in the middle of a season where we are competing for three trophies. PSG makes sense because they have no CM depth, they want to bench Rabiot due to him not re-signing and he’s had success under Tuchel.

I don't like this rumor at all. Unless he's extremely unhappy in Dortmund, it's better to keep him as the only real cover for Witsel than to merely loan him with a buy option of 20M. I don't see how a similar deal won't be there in the summer even if he continues to struggle. I'd greatly prefer the security in the event of a Witsel injury over another club taking over his wages and maybe paying a transfer fee for him in the future.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Some people here are talking about a Rabiot/Ozil swap.
Arsenal wants to dump Ozil's salary and wants Rabiot gone ASAP. Problem is I'm pretty sure Rabiot wants to pick his team (Barca) freely.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don't like this rumor at all. Unless he's extremely unhappy in Dortmund, it's better to keep him as the only real cover for Witsel than to merely loan him with a buy option of 20M. I don't see how a similar deal won't be there in the summer even if he continues to struggle. I'd greatly prefer the security in the event of a Witsel injury over another club taking over his wages and maybe paying a transfer fee for him in the future.

I agree. I don’t think it makes sense for Dortmund. This team has good depth now. There’s no reason to get rid of that when we are competing for three trophies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Mirror saying that United will only bring in players on loan in this window and save the money for the permanent manager.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Some people here are talking about a Rabiot/Ozil swap.
Arsenal wants to dump Ozil's salary and wants Rabiot gone ASAP. Problem is I'm pretty sure Rabiot wants to pick his team (Barca) freely.
Doesn't make sense unless he agrees to a contract with Arsenal.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Smart for once by manchester united IMO.
Yes and no. There’s clear problems so if they bring in players to fill their needs then fantastic. I’m worried they’re going to bring in a ST/LW on loan which are the only positions that are fine. Or another only offensive CM. They have plenty of all those. If they can bring in a CB and RW in on loan then fantastic.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Smart for once by manchester united IMO.

For the most part, yes. They don't need a lot of reinforcements to challenge for a CL place (winning the league isn't a realistic target). It was also smart not to back Mourinho signings, however at the same time it was stupid to give him an extension in the first place especially if you weren't going to back him with signings.

Now who is going to be willing to loan out a player in January who is the caliber of making a difference there?

Teams with players who aren't factoring in much. When it came to us bringing in a CB on loan, Rugani was linked. Sounds like Benatia might be available too. Could be other players like that out there depending on what positions they want to cover.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Chelsea should get in on that, and I could see Weigl being a player Sarri would really like.
We need a goal scorer

Last season, not having a striker kept us out of the top four.

This season, not having a striker is going to keep us out of the title race.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
i found Gross's reaction to his links with Liverpool to be funny. Solid player for sure and love him at Brighton, but not Liverpool worthy at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad