Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bild reporting Pulisic to Chelsea for 50ish M don’t remember the exact number but it was around 50-55

Don't like this, but now I'm going to root for Chelsea to get top four. This is looking like a Pulisic to replace Eden Hazard at Chelsea transfer with Thorgan Hazard replacing Pulisic at Dortmund.

Its also not a winter transfer. Its for the summer transfer window. That number would have to be 20 higher to be in the winter.

Reactions: Deficient Mode

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Don't like this, but now I'm going to root for Chelsea to get top four. This is looking like a Pulisic to replace Eden Hazard at Chelsea transfer with Thorgan Hazard replacing Pulisic at Dortmund.

Its also not a winter transfer. Its for the summer transfer window. That number would have to be 20 higher to be in the winter.
One spot for Chelsea or Arsenal

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I read it was for Winter also read that Liverpool are trying to hijack it

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It could also be Man United.
I really don't think so. They are too far back. They are getting some results now but they are also playing the bottom of the table, and are in the easiest part of their schedule. They will re-normalize. They won't be as bad as they were, but I don't think the can get to 4th.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I really don't think so. They are too far back. They are getting some results now but they are also playing the bottom of the table, and are in the easiest part of their schedule. They will re-normalize. They won't be as bad as they were, but I don't think the can get to 4th.

They are far back, so we'll see. Might be too big of a deficit, but I think they are the "best" of those three teams. Might not get them fourth because of the deficit they were in.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I’m hoping for fifth with one of the other top 4 teams getting in the CL some other way.
Where did you read it was for the winter? I saw summer.
It was BR and their source was Bild.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
This move will be petty garbage when the Arsenal acquire Isco.
Why would Isco downgrade that far? He could be starting for pretty close to any team in the world but he goes to one that isn’t even in the CL and probably won’t be anytime soon?

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I’m hoping for fifth with one of the other top 4 teams getting in the CL some other way.

There's no other way that would matter. If City or Liverpool win the CL, their domestic spot doesn't get dropped down.

The only way a league gets 5 teams in is if the CL or EL winners finish outside of the top 4. So if Arsenal or Chelsea win the EL but finish 5th/6th they'll be 5 English teams.

United's best shot this year was honestly to drop into the EL and win that. Domestically they've gotta make up 8 on Chelsea and 6 on Arsenal.

Reactions: Fred McCarthy

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Would Pulisic be in the starting 11 in Chelsea? He isnt in Dortmund now. He has a very dissapointing year. I dont see any development. He trys to much 1vs1 and often loses the ball. He overlooks the player in better position.
In my opinion Hazard for Pulisic would make Dortmund a better team. Hazard---Reus---Sancho

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Would Pulisic be in the starting 11 in Chelsea? He isnt in Dortmund now. He has a very dissapointing year. I dont see any development. He trys to much 1vs1 and often loses the ball. He overlooks the player in better position.
In my opinion Hazard for Pulisic would make Dortmund a better team. Hazard---Reus---Sancho
At first I was thinking you meant Eden but now I understand you mean Thorgan.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I read it was for Winter also read that Liverpool are trying to hijack it

Interesting I read that Liverpool is out because of price tag and the four attacking players they already have.

I would prefer for him to go to Arsenal if we get to pick and choose, I also think Kroenke can make sure he plays which worries me with the big 6 teams in England. That is really what I care about most, I think Pulisic is the first really elite talent we have had. I want him to go to the best situation for him.

I will say whatever team wins this in Europe is going to see a bump money wise and NBCSN is going to start showing that game every week. Should be a nice financial windfall for NBCSN and the new team. I cannot imagine FS1 is happy about this news at all.

Pulisic needs to have a better second half, he hasn't been quite as good for the last little bit. But I do think he belongs on the big boy teams, I just hope he trains this summer at a different level because he needs to improve for the opportunity that seems to be within his grasp.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto

Willian is dreadful, Pulisic would ideally replace him.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Why would Isco downgrade that far? He could be starting for pretty close to any team in the world but he goes to one that isn’t even in the CL and probably won’t be anytime soon?
Lol, have you even watched Real Madrid this season? Arsenal have been better than them.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lol, have you even watched Real Madrid this season? Arsenal have been better than them.
No they haven’t. You can say that all you want but you’re just wrong. Even if they have you know RM will make a big buy in either this window or the next while it’s no guarantee that Arsenal fix their D.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
If Liverpool are out, it’s because they don’t think he’s worth it or they don’t really want him.

The former might be the case, as what minutes would he really get? He would play a decent amount, but he’s not a starter. I don’t think he’s much better than Shaqiri for much more money.

Liverpool’s scouting has been bang on, and with Klopp and CL, they can get a player like Pulisic if they want.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
If Liverpool are out, it’s because they don’t think he’s worth it or they don’t really want him.

The former might be the case, as what minutes would he really get? He would play a decent amount, but he’s not a starter. I don’t think he’s much better than Shaqiri for much more money.

Liverpool’s scouting has been bang on, and with Klopp and CL, they can get a player like Pulisic if they want.

He's a great talent but he's not as good as the players we have. The only reason to sign him would be if one left, and in that case I would rather have Lozano as I've said before. He's from our country, but looking at it without those glasses on, there are better players we could sign and probably for cheaper.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He's a great talent but he's not as good as the players we have. The only reason to sign him would be if one left, and in that case I would rather have Lozano as I've said before. He's from our country, but looking at it without those glasses on, there are better players we could sign and probably for cheaper.

I would take him because I think Klopp improves him as a player, and while Sarri is a good manager, how long he is at Chelsea is always a question. They also need to rebuild a bit.

I wonder if he could play in a deeper role, but I don’t desire to spend 45-50 to find out. I think Liverpool have enough money to get better, and certainly, I wouldn’t complain about seeing what a kid or two could do with some time.

That said, I was kinda excited for the last year or so about a Liverpool kit with an American on it. I do think FSG are interested in that as well, but Edwards and Klopp are going to make the right call. United and some others would buy him just to sell kits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->