Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I love Frenkie's style and upside, but I'd rather Paredes as he would be readier and cheaper allowing the club to spend more in other players too. That said, PSG really needs another midfielder, team biggest' weakness right now is that Neymar has to drop too low to start their offense if they can get someone to help with that allowing Neymar to play between the opp midfield and backline it will make them a legitimate UCL contender.
They're already a legitimate UCL contender when healthy and on form.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
River's Martinez confirms Atlanta United move

Have to figure that this guy can contribute to clubs in any league in the world. Amazing signing for MLS - Atlanta likely losing Almiron to La Liga, EPL or Serie A in a few weeks and they will be getting better. Incredible

Meh he's nothing special even he has been somewhat of a staple for scaloni on the NT. This will likely rob him of that but in reality with Messi's inclusion he was always going to be dropped.

I hope this means Barco gets his shit together and leaves.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
They're already a legitimate UCL contender when healthy and on form.

That's debatable, the talent is there to beat any team when they're on their game yeah but there's still too many holes as a team. Their midfield is pretty weak compared to other contenders, Bernat nowhere near good enough to be a starter in a UCL contender, the offense relies too heavily on Neymar as a playmaker... of course, when you've got Neymar and Mbappe you'll always be a threat to beat anybody.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's debatable, the talent is there to beat any team when they're on their game yeah but there's still too many holes as a team. Their midfield is pretty weak compared to other contenders, Bernat nowhere near good enough to be a starter in a UCL contender, the offense relies too heavily on Neymar as a playmaker... of course, when you've got Neymar and Mbappe you'll always be a threat to beat anybody.

They just finished top of the toughest group with a +8 goal differential...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What is this terrible rumour from ESPN that Arsenal are identifying Eric Bailly and Gary Cahill as depth for injuries? Sounds like United much rather move Rojo instead.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
They just finished top of the toughest group with a +8 goal differential...

PSG? I mean, the goal differential is basically made in the Red Star games.
They did well, PSG, got important points vs Napoli and won vs Liverpool in the last game, deservedly.
But it's not like they smashed the group and the GD doesn't tell the whole story.

Either way, they did do well, but the real test for them is the KO rounds anyway.
They've got the budget, the players and the desire to be CL winners yet they've not been past the QF since they were purchased by the Qatari.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Out of Ajax, everyone talks about De Ligt and De Jong as the most likely outgoing transfers this summer. What about Ziyech? How good is he and where/when do people think he will go?

Is he good enough to be an alternative for clubs that are bearish on Fekir?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Out of Ajax, everyone talks about De Ligt and De Jong as the most likely outgoing transfers this summer. What about Ziyech? How good is he and where/when do people think he will go?

Is he good enough to be an alternative for clubs that are bearish on Fekir?

Ziyech should cost a lot less. He wants to make the next step and management already gave him the green light last summer, but the deal with Roma fell through. Should be somewhere between 30-40M.

I think he’s outstanding. Can play AM or winger. But AM is where he suits best, even though he is usually all over the pitch and likes to build up attacks himself if it wasn’t for Frenkie. He’s a ridiculous good passer. Finds openings without much effort, rather nonchalant even. Quality dribbler; can get by his man and he creates lots of space for his teammates. His shot is very good as well. Scores a lot for a midfielder; Eredivisie or for his national side. His two way game, to speak in hockeyterms, is also impressive. Conquers a lot of balls and wins more duels than you’d imagine with his rather lanky frame.

His set back is consistency and that his game comes with some risks. When it doesn’t go well he can let his head down, though I haven’t seen it yet this year. He also comes off as arrogant and nonchalant, but he works his ass off and usually makes the most meters each game. His Eredivisie stats and advanced stats are really insane.

He’d be a worthy addition to sides such as Arsenal, Lazio, Roma, Napoli, Lyon, Dortmund. I think he comes up just a bit short for the real elite sides out there.

Reactions: Gecklund and YNWA14

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
If Arsenal can somehow sell Ozil (which I think they should, to get rid of his wages), I'd love for them to go after Ziyech. I think he would be better suited to what Emery is looking for, he's still fairly young, and he'd be much cheaper than Ozil.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
I’ve always compared him with Ozil, though Ziyech might just be a tad less brilliant offensively, he’s much better all-round.

Arsenal would be perfect, I think. He just needs to start and be given a fair opportunity. I think Ziyech isn’t one who would be okay with a rotating role. He’d leave I think.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Ziyech should cost a lot less. He wants to make the next step and management already gave him the green light last summer, but the deal with Roma fell through. Should be somewhere between 30-40M.

I think he’s outstanding. Can play AM or winger. But AM is where he suits best, even though he is usually all over the pitch and likes to build up attacks himself if it wasn’t for Frenkie. He’s a ridiculous good passer. Finds openings without much effort, rather nonchalant even. Quality dribbler; can get by his man and he creates lots of space for his teammates. His shot is very good as well. Scores a lot for a midfielder; Eredivisie or for his national side. His two way game, to speak in hockeyterms, is also impressive. Conquers a lot of balls and wins more duels than you’d imagine with his rather lanky frame.

His set back is consistency and that his game comes with some risks. When it doesn’t go well he can let his head down, though I haven’t seen it yet this year. He also comes off as arrogant and nonchalant, but he works his ass off and usually makes the most meters each game. His Eredivisie stats and advanced stats are really insane.

He’d be a worthy addition to sides such as Arsenal, Lazio, Roma, Napoli, Lyon, Dortmund. I think he comes up just a bit short for the real elite sides out there.
Thanks for this. I'm trying to pay more attention to Ajax because I loved the city, and because the club has a very important and interesting place in the European football ecosystem.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

A good description. I was always really high on Ziyech's potential and I thought that he was going to let it all go because he had a down year and had some really unimpressive showings (for me) relative to his talent level. He's rebounded nicely especially this year and I agree that he'd be a quality addition to most sides outside of the really top teams. I think he could be a role player for the top teams as well, but I don't think he'd accept a rotational/bench position.

Reactions: Ajacied

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I’ve always compared him with Ozil, though Ziyech might just be a tad less brilliant offensively, he’s much better all-round.

This is precisely what I was thinking. I love the quality that comes with Ozil but it's not like we are lacking in that department when he does not play. Sounds like Ziyech would be a solid pick up and would work well in an Emery system.

Reactions: Ajacied

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
I just cannot believe they'd think it's a good idea to bring in a 29 year old center forward who's never scored more than 12 goals in any season for any senior team.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I just cannot believe they'd think it's a good idea to bring in a 29 year old center forward who's never scored more than 12 goals in any season for any senior team.
Well, for starters, he wasn't a center forward before the last half of last season.

It's a dumb move for United because he's pushing 30 and he'll cost far more than he's worth at that stage of his career, not because he's not talented. But if he pushes through a move, I'll take the money.

That said, I doubt he moves in January. But who knows with him. He gives different signals every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad