Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
As long as De Ligt ends up in Barça I'm fine.

I feel the same way about Barca. De Jong is fantastic, but De Ligt might just be a generational defensive talent.
I've been impressed watching De Jong play... But I've been absolutely blown away by De Ligt.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I feel the same way about Barca. De Jong is fantastic, but De Ligt might just be a generational defensive talent.
I've been impressed watching De Jong play... But I've been absolutely blown away by De Ligt.

Might be the best young CB I've seen play. I recall when Sanchez was playing in Ajax and rumours of him moving started... First Ajax game I watched and it it was the 17 year old De Ligt who was way more impressive.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
A reliable source in the USA is reporting that Bayern has purchased Chris Richards for 1.5M. He's been on loan to their U-19 side this season from FC Dallas, so this isn't surprising. I suspect he'll be a "first team player" next season because I don't think Bayern is spending significant money just to help their academy teams, but I think he's more likely to go on loan.

Very talented CB though. Good size and incredible mobility. Passes the ball at a decent level, as well.

1.5m is not significant at all?

They could prob play him in their academy, give him name recognition in Europe and sell him for more easily, without ever featuring in the 1st team.

Reactions: robertmac43

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
All of those are great targets for PSG. Would be a very formidable looking team should this happen.

Assuming PSG have some success this year in the CL, and Neymar/Mbappé stay, it would be a very attractive destination.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1.5m is not significant at all?

They could prob play him in their academy, give him name recognition in Europe and sell him for more easily, without ever featuring in the 1st team.

I didn't say he'd feature for the first team, but Bayern does not operate financially like the big Premier League clubs. They aren't spending 1.5M on a player to help their U-19 team. I doubt he'll play in their academy beyond this season.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think he’d be a massive upgrade, but no one, not even prime Messi or pele or Ronaldo, or anyone turns this United team into a CL favorite.

I'd say prime Scholes would have a bigger impact on United now than of those. Well maybe prime Pelé because he tended to play everywhere on pitch and dribble past just about everyone while also making great passes. :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'd say prime Scholes would have a bigger impact on United now than of those. Well maybe prime Pelé because he tended to play everywhere on pitch and dribble past just about everyone while also making great passes. :laugh:
uh-gif-1.gif

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I saw it when it was posted. Usual nonsense, though shocking considering Ronaldo was being referenced. Imagine actually being a fan of Ronaldo (unimaginable, I know) and having an albeit hypothetical opportunity to bring prime Ronaldo back at this exact moment and instead opting for Scholes.

Reactions: Ceremony

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

Prime scholes would have a huge positive impact on any team ever but not more than them... lol.

All we need is a manager(and players) who will move off the ball. It’s infuriating to see Pogba get the ball and then see everyone turn and look at Pogba.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I saw it when it was posted. Usual nonsense, though shocking considering Ronaldo was being referenced. Imagine actually being a fan of Ronaldo (unimaginable, I know) and having an albeit hypothetical opportunity to bring prime Ronaldo back at this exact moment and instead opting for Scholes.

That’d be like choosing prime Xavi over prime Messi. Obviously both incredible talents but cmon there’s only one choice.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I for one would love to see Scholes back in the United team. In fact it'd be doing him a favor. That way he'd be off of commentary. Speaking of Scholes and his laughable commentary, it looks as though Ander Herrera, of all the United players the one Scholes questioned being at the club after a performance where not only had the most tackles in the match and scored the equalizer, is set to sign a new contract. I'm left with the thought that they deserve one another.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Lots of criticism on the Frenkie rumor in Dutch media outlets, but it's still just that, a rumor. Frenkie and his management met with PSG in a public place in the centre of Amsterdam. Seems more like Overmars is hanging his shiny toys in the window and hoping it becomes a bidding war, but I'm sure PSG has serious interest and made an offer.

It's been way more quiet on the de Ligt front, as of late.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nope.
Zahavi has taken over the negociations.
We all know what that means if you know him.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I love Frenkie's style and upside, but I'd rather Paredes as he would be readier and cheaper allowing the club to spend more in other players too. That said, PSG really needs another midfielder, team biggest' weakness right now is that Neymar has to drop too low to start their offense if they can get someone to help with that allowing Neymar to play between the opp midfield and backline it will make them a legitimate UCL contender.

Reactions: Deficient Mode
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad