Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Never heard of him.

Glance at his stats says he spent half of last season on loan at the franchise currently in Milton Keynes.

This season he’s made a half dozen of sub appearances and a couple starts for boro. Seems to have played alright (based on stats) but nothing about his profile suggests the type of potential for United. Who knows though.0

Sep 19, 2008

Essentially Pulisic agreed to go to Liverpool. Curious how much time he'd get since Salah is already locked up for some time

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Pulisic is going to be linked with every top 4 side with a pulse because it might create a buzz and he's the type of player that taps into a market overseas. Liverpool has been linked, plus with Klopp and American owners, it makes some sense. I also think he would fit quite well into the side, but with Shaqiri proving to be a smart buy, he might not like his chances of playing time, unless he's going to move more into central midfield (maybe?).

I don't know that Chelsea is his best move, but they certainly could benefit from getting him, especially if they see a few players move on as they are getting up in age.

United might want him for marketing alone, but I don't know if that's best for his career, boyhood club stuff or no.

City, while they might not have a need, is always a dark horse for any buy of this magnitude.

I think Arsenal or Spurs would benefit from his talents, but they're not serious contenders to outbid any of City, United, Chelsea or even Liverpool at this stage.

I suspect his agent is using EPL interest to get a Spanish bid, and thus way more money, but that's me.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
So Rabiot’s said he’s going to be leaving in the summer, and Barça previously offered him a big contract+signing bonus. Juve and a few other teams (Spurs?) would also be in the running from what I’ve read.

Wouldn’t mind Rabiot on a free, but midfield is crowded as it is, and they need to focus on reinforcing the backline and a capable striker as a backup to Suárez.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Pulisic is going to be linked with every top 4 side with a pulse because it might create a buzz and he's the type of player that taps into a market overseas. Liverpool has been linked, plus with Klopp and American owners, it makes some sense. I also think he would fit quite well into the side, but with Shaqiri proving to be a smart buy, he might not like his chances of playing time, unless he's going to move more into central midfield (maybe?).

I don't know that Chelsea is his best move, but they certainly could benefit from getting him, especially if they see a few players move on as they are getting up in age.

United might want him for marketing alone, but I don't know if that's best for his career, boyhood club stuff or no.

City, while they might not have a need, is always a dark horse for any buy of this magnitude.

I think Arsenal or Spurs would benefit from his talents, but they're not serious contenders to outbid any of City, United, Chelsea or even Liverpool at this stage.

I suspect his agent is using EPL interest to get a Spanish bid, and thus way more money, but that's me.
There's definitely a need for United. I don't think Pulisic is in their cross hairs, however.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Starting to gather that United dont really know their own identity anymore. They have strange links every day.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Starting to gather that United dont really know their own identity anymore. They have strange links every day.

That's one of the biggest complaints we have. There's no identity to the team anymore.

They're not a big athletic team, they're not pacey, they're not tiki taka, they're not high effort, they're not bombing down the sides. They're just...meh.

Reactions: Gecklund

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I hope for Dortmunds sake he avoids going to Bayern

He's not that good.

Bayern always has good players and will be better next season. They are going to spend money in the summer window. Dortmund will bring in someone good to replace Pulisic. It theoretically would make Dortmund worse and Bayern stronger, but I don't think it would have huge consequences for upcoming seasons.

Jul 7, 2009
So Rabiot’s said he’s going to be leaving in the summer, and Barça previously offered him a big contract+signing bonus. Juve and a few other teams (Spurs?) would also be in the running from what I’ve read.

Wouldn’t mind Rabiot on a free, but midfield is crowded as it is, and they need to focus on reinforcing the backline and a capable striker as a backup to Suárez.

vermaelen is out again for a month and Semedo was also out last game. Not sure if he's out long term but we need someone this winter window. Only Pique and Lenglet for cb's.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Hot take among the American NT crowd but Pulisic isn’t too good for Dortmund. If they sell it bc other teams have overvalued him.

Ideally he stays there and develops. It’s a good place for him. It’s a fun system, a good team, and somewhere he should work to flourish.

I mean, yeah. He's a backup right now. I don't think he's destined for one of the top 3-5 clubs in Europe like Dembele was. That said, it's highly likely he moves on next summer to keep his profile high. He doesn't want to stall by spending any more time as a bench player. And Dortmund will be willing to move a non-integral part of their current team for a big fee.

I think he'd do well in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad