Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Koulibaly would probably switch United from outside CL to favourite to win the league. This is the impact Van Dijk had with Liverpool last year and is continuing this year. You have to overpay to get the best player at their position.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Koulibaly would probably switch United from outside CL to favourite to win the league. This is the impact Van Dijk had with Liverpool last year and is continuing this year. You have to overpay to get the best player at their position.

Agreed about paying a premium for the best at their position. Disagree about the impact Koulibaly would have. Liverpool were in the CL and did not become the title favorite when Van Dijk arrived. Some other things would have to change at United too to turn them from a team on pace to finish 21 points behind fourth place to a CL team, too.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

I think he’d be a massive upgrade, but no one, not even prime Messi or pele or Ronaldo, or anyone turns this United team into a CL favorite.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Prime Messi or Ronaldo, plus a defender of Koulibaly's level would turn them into arguably the EPL favorite. I still think City has more depth, a better manager, and more resources, but you could certainly make a case for it. That's obviously never happening, but it's funny to think about. I do think Jose knows how to grind out the league, so that would probably be an interesting situation to watch.

Adding a defender of his caliber to any of the teams in the top 4 hunt would make a massive difference, but I don't know that it would catch them up to City. I don't know if it puts them up there with Liverpool either (when they're playing well, which they are not now). But United have problems elsewhere in the pitch as well.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I read a rumour, not sure if it has been posted yet that Lazio is willing to sell SMS, United have been the rumoured frontrunners for him the past two seasons.

Weirdly, it sounded like Arsenal weren't going to buy anyone in Winter, but the Welbeck injury will potentially change that. Not sure I like the idea of not buying anyone, we gotta get rid of Ramsey if the two sides are not going to come to a consensus and replace him with somebody...

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
I read a rumour, not sure if it has been posted yet that Lazio is willing to sell SMS

I'd be pretty surprised if they sold him mid-season. Seems like a summer transfer to me , but if someone knocks their socks off with an offer , who knows.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Looked more of an opinion piece, but I think I saw two articles on Barça moving for Bartra. I'd welcome him back with open arms.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
New rumours out there today that Arsenal will not offer a new contract to Welbeck and will indeed replace him when they get the chance. I like Welbeck, I mean he's constantly injured, but he was a fantastic depth piece. However, with a new regime in charge I shouldn't be shocked by all these potential future moves.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I like Welbeck, I mean he's constantly injured, but he was a fantastic depth piece. However, with a new regime in charge I shouldn't be shocked by all these potential future moves.

Would agree fully, has done great service for Arsenal. I would love to see him go to a club at Brighton's level. If he could keep his fitness up he could be a great striker for a smaller team.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Saw Ozil to Man U today with Arsenal links to Rabiot and Isco.

Would be fine with him leaving if one of those 2 big names came into the fold.

Reactions: S E P H

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Saw Ozil to Man U today with Arsenal links to Rabiot and Isco.

Would be fine with him leaving if one of those 2 big names came into the fold.
Ozil isn’t going to United. We don’t need any more lazy players from Arsenal. I think if we didn’t sign Fred then maybe but given how Alexis has performed, Ozil’s history, and how little effort this team gives there’s no way he goes to United.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Ozil isn’t going to United. We don’t need any more lazy players from Arsenal. I think if we didn’t sign Fred then maybe but given how Alexis has performed, Ozil’s history, and how little effort this team gives there’s no way he goes to United.
Like RvP?

The fact that one player isn't working out shouldn't sour you on a whole team. That said, I hope you don't get Özil. Not only would Mourinho waste him, but I like him too much to see him become a Manc

Reactions: robertmac43

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Like RvP?

The fact that one player isn't working out shouldn't sour you on a whole team. That said, I hope you don't get Özil. Not only would Mourinho waste him, but I like him too much to see him become a Manc
RvP was no where near as bad as Ozil. Ozil is a natural floater which is fine in a possession based team but we are not a possession based team. I agree Ozil would not be effective under Mou.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
A reliable source in the USA is reporting that Bayern has purchased Chris Richards for 1.5M. He's been on loan to their U-19 side this season from FC Dallas, so this isn't surprising. I suspect he'll be a "first team player" next season because I don't think Bayern is spending significant money just to help their academy teams, but I think he's more likely to go on loan.

Very talented CB though. Good size and incredible mobility. Passes the ball at a decent level, as well.

Reactions: Gecklund
Jul 7, 2009
Just to add to the De Jong rumor.

-He was close to signing with City but while they aren't worried about being punished for breaching FFP it made them less willing to want to spend a record fee on him and then PSG came in because the deal slowed down.

-PSG promised they will play to make him function as best as possible.

-Finally, Barca never came close to the demands and De Jong and his agent were both suprised at the amount of covers that were going around the spanish media even though the deal had been dead months ago.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah clearly he signed there because he couldn't sign elsewhere....

Sigh...

Apparently Mbappe and De Jong are talking a lot and I'm sure he played a decisive role.
Other argument is that PSG is the lone big club with a glaring role at DM. He's starting instantly.

Anbd yeah Rabiot is gone De Jong or no De Jong.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah clearly he signed there because he couldn't sign elsewhere....
I don't think that that was the point of the post. Just that other teams were also interested in De Jong and those fell through for various reasons while PSG's didn't.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Marca reports the latest offer for Frenkie came from PSG and was 80M, but he won't chose Ligue 1.
Even if he doesn't sign, some people need a reality check.
And wonder if their train of thought have failed for a while on certain subjects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad