Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
oh man that would not be a good play for Man U. Arnautovic is far too inconsistent to play at United. The roster is already filled with people who "show flashes" which is not the level of player needed for Man U, but fits perfect for fringe mid table sides like hmmmm West Ham...

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Some talk here that Barca and de Ligt have met but that it didn’t lead to anything. Barca couldn’t promise him a starting role and were not ready to pony up the minimum of 80M. Juventus stepped in as the leader now.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Ajax closing in on Magallan for 9 million. I wonder what this means for De Ligt.

Also Isco made headlines after last game refusing the arm band, getting into it with the fans and clearly Scolari has a problem with him. Throughout his career at Madrid he's been misused and under appreciated.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
oh man that would not be a good play for Man U. Arnautovic is far too inconsistent to play at United. The roster is already filled with people who "show flashes" which is not the level of player needed for Man U, but fits perfect for fringe mid table sides like hmmmm West Ham...
Seems like a better descriptor for a team like Brighton than it does West Ham, really. Healthy and settled, this West Ham squad is comfortably a top half side.

It seems like most people just haven't watched Arnautovic since he's been moved from the wing to CF. He's way more involved in the game in all phases than he was previously and I get why a team like United is looking in his direction. That doesn't make it a good move for either party. It's unfortunate that Lanzini has been out all year. He and Anderson with Arnautovic up top would be a handful for anyone. Not to mention Yarmolenko.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I just hope that de Jong and de Ligt go to the same team. They can both come to Liverpool tbh

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I just hope that de Jong and de Ligt go to the same team. They can both come to Liverpool tbh

Mane Firmino Salah
Robertson Keita De Jong Trent
De Ligt Virgil Gomez
Alisson

Might just work :)

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Seems like a better descriptor for a team like Brighton

I would happily take him at Brighton :) Murray is already an ancient old man and sometimes I wonder how he keeps scoring.

But in seriousness you are right I do not watch much of West Ham, Lanzini being out would be a huge blow in the service Arnautovic gets. Even then I don't think Marco is the quality Man U should be looking at to turn things around and at 29 we have likely seen all he will show us.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I would happily take him at Brighton :) Murray is already an ancient old man and sometimes I wonder how he keeps scoring.

But in seriousness you are right I do not watch much of West Ham, Lanzini being out would be a huge blow in the service Arnautovic gets. Even then I don't think Marco is the quality Man U should be looking at to turn things around and at 29 we have likely seen all he will show us.
I'm with you there. A club with that kind of cash and supposed ambition should be aiming higher. I guess it makes sense on some level purely as a stopgap January move for a proven PL player, but even then you'd think there would be better options. Frankly, I'm not sure how attractive a move it is for the top-tier talent they probably want right at this moment.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I'm not sure how attractive a move it is for the top-tier talent they probably want right at this moment.

I think that is the main issue. Who wants to play for a sinking ship where the manager puts all the issues on the players and takes no responsibility? Not I!

For Marco it would be a big move for him, but I doubt he gets the game time he would want anyways, so what is the point?

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Some talk here that Barca and de Ligt have met but that it didn’t lead to anything. Barca couldn’t promise him a starting role and were not ready to pony up the minimum of 80M. Juventus stepped in as the leader now.

This will come back to bite us.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
celtic will have to buy a striker since we sold dembele and didnt replace him on the last day of the summer window and now 1 of our 2 real strikers at the club is on a leave of absence for most likely gambling addiction.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
United only need a new center half, a new DM, a new attacking or b2b midfielder, and a new striker.

Oh and a new manager.

Should be easy to get done in one winter window...

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
You could also upgrade at both FB spots.

I wouldn’t consider those big needs right now, at least in comparison to other spots.

Certainly they’ll need upgrades before they’re ready to compete for the PL or CL titles, but Valencia/young/Shaw/dalot are servicible for now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wolves need some scoring! Bring in anyone! lol
I think Jimenez is a pretty damn good player, but definitely needs a playmaker to work with similar to Vardy with LC. He has the potential to score 15 in the EPL if you're able to find a lad who's able to link together the midfield with the strikers.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
celtic will have to buy a striker since we sold dembele and didnt replace him on the last day of the summer window and now 1 of our 2 real strikers at the club is on a leave of absence for most likely gambling addiction.

Celtic are targetting Fran Sol from Willem II, who also gets interest from lower table Premier League sides and some decent Spanish ones.

Reactions: ecemleafs

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Just watched the Copa Libertadores and payed close attention to Magallán. Just two games, but if he is suppose to replace de Ligt, we’re in a lot of trouble. I’d have him below Blind and on par with Wöber. 9M seems way too much.

Am I off?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I think Jimenez is a pretty damn good player, but definitely needs a playmaker to work with similar to Vardy with LC. He has the potential to score 15 in the EPL if you're able to find a lad who's able to link together the midfield with the strikers.
Yeah, Jimenez is solid. He misses a lot of wide open chances though, which is kind of concerning. Maybe nerves, no idea.

Diogo Jota was an ace last season and started really slow this year. He's been playing really well the past 3 or 4 games though after being demoted from the starting XI. He started today and played great again until being taking off for precautionary reasons. Helder Costa has been atrocious and Cavaleiro is decent, but not great. Better as a sub. Adama Traore is so much better as a 70+ minute sub than a full-time squad player. He dominates when he's got full energy and the other team is dead tired.

So ideally we'd be able to pick up a winger or two. Gibbs-White played forward today and did well, he's more of a MF'er though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad