Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Telegraaf is linking Liverpool with Bergwijn.

@YNWA14 thoughts? On reputation alone he is worth his reported (also by Telegraaf) 18m release clause.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

@YNWA14 thoughts? On reputation alone he is worth his reported (also by Telegraaf) 18m release clause.
If it's legit I'll be over the moon. He's exactly the kind of player I said we should target; rapid, dynamic with a nose for net and can play fluidly across the front line. An added bonus is that I feel PSV really mishandled his development and he still has a ton of untapped potential. I always had him up with Nouri as the best of that youth group.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands

Yeah, Bergwijn is a very intriguing winger. He's a bit of a mix between an old school winger, with guts and flair to reach the backline and provide crosses and with a modern one, who covers much of a flank and has the ability to cut inside and create chances himself. Bergwijn is an outstanding dribbler. Passes his man with ease, creating space and opportunities for him and his teammates. I think he can be more of a killer still. He scored more easily during his youth days. There has been a lot of hype about him over the years. Like YNWA said, he and Nouri were often seen as the best youth products for Oranje for years. The hype is now slowly getting realized as his first season was one with lots of ups and downs. YNWA is right at that as well; PSV is a quality side, but seem to have little know-how when it comes to maximizing their youth's potential.

His 18M release clause, if true, should lure every big team out there. I think he's been better than Lozano this season and I am starting to think Bergwijn's upside could be higher than his as well.

Reactions: YNWA14

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
If it's legit I'll be over the moon. He's exactly the kind of player I said we should target; rapid, dynamic with a nose for net and can play fluidly across the front line. An added bonus is that I feel PSV really mishandled his development and he still has a ton of untapped potential. I always had him up with Nouri as the best of that youth group.
If you had to choose only one. Who would you take: Harry Wilson or Steven Bergwijn?

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Why not both?
It was just a question.

My feeling is that Liverpool cannot agree a new contract with Mane and they want Bergwijn to come in early and learn Klopp system before potentially offloading Mane next summer.

Harry Wilson might not get a fair shot next year. That being said I highly rate him too.

Last edited:

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Obviously it's an international break, but some rumors from various sources swirling about Neymar:

• Mundo Deportivo reporting that there is a possibility that Neymar could return to Barça and that Neymar's camp is the one making the moves.
  • Cadena Ser reporting that Neymar has a deal with PSG that would allow him to leave for 222 million this Summer.
  • RAC1 saying that Bartomeu has posed the question to the bigger names in the locker room of a possible Neymar return.

Whether it happens or not is one thing, but considering the multiple sources there seems to be something to this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Obviously it's an international break, but some rumors from various sources swirling about Neymar:

• Mundo Deportivo reporting that there is a possibility that Neymar could return to Barça and that Neymar's camp is the one making the moves.
  • Cadena Ser reporting that Neymar has a deal with PSG that would allow him to leave for 222 million this Summer.
  • RAC1 saying that Bartomeu has posed the question to the bigger names in the locker room of a possible Neymar return.

Whether it happens or not is one thing, but considering the multiple sources there seems to be something to this.
Come on. It's usual Spanish papers trying to sell.
If PSG fails in the CL then he could leave this summer.
But Neymar seems extremely happy right now, he's performing at a huge level and Loves playing for Tuchel, it's striking in his reactions on and off the pitch.
Given the state of coaching at Barca and Real...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Come on. It's usual Spanish papers trying to sell.
If PSG fails in the CL then he could leave this summer.
But Neymar seems extremely happy right now, he's performing at a huge level and Loves playing for Tuchel, it's striking in his reactions on and off the pitch.
Given the state of coaching at Barca and Real...

Actually it's one Spanish paper and two Spanish radio stations, all of which are reporting different pieces on the same theme. Whether there's something to it or not I don't know, but it could very well be plausible.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Actually it's one Spanish paper and two Spanish radio stations, all of which are reporting different pieces on the same theme. Whether there's something to it or not I don't know, but it could very well be plausible.
Sure... Let's look at Neymar's reaction on his own Twitter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad