Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
@YNWA14 , @Ajacied What do you think of this guy? Roma are a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 side , do you think he's capable of being a pivot?

I'm struggling to find a reason behind this one unless he's really good defensively (which the article doesn't suggest) , because we already have Cristante and Pellegrini who seem to profile as similar players (positionally) to van de Beek.

Donny has become an AM. Though one with a great work ethic, he is best used near the opposing box. Shouldn't play defense as much as he's good at finding openings and being there in the box at the right time. He's much like Klaassen is, who now plays for Bremen. I don't think Donny has Roma potential. I think his upside is just a tire below such sides.

Reactions: Il Mediano

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
What kind of game does he play? I’ve seen very little of him and the games I have seen he hasn’t impressed me or at least just didn’t stick out enough for a team like City or Barca. I’ve read a lot about him though.

I think the little clip showed well enough how Frenkie plays. He doesn't fill in for Tagliafico at LB whenever he decides to rush, though. Frenkie plays more central and is a pure connector. He has the most touches for Ajax each and every match; he starts every attack, finds openings, runs and dribbles to create space himself and always attacks rather than playing it back. Such a role comes with risks, much like a playmaker in the NBA having a higher turnover ratio, Frenkie can still be prone for a little error with the ball every now and then. Trying to keep the ball in the team during high pressure situations rather than just getting rid of it. He's way better at CM than at CB as he's not physical strong enough to win personal battles with the bigger and stronger strikers out there. He'll manage in the Eredivisie, but he flourishes so much more when he still has a duo behind him to do the dirty work.

I think he needs to improve his shot more, but other than that, Frenkie is very well-rounded and has the potential to be the best at his position in the world someday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gecklund

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Bailly is about equal with Sokratis I’d say. Kos is the best defender of the two teams. But smalling, Jones, and Rojo are all definitely better than Mustafi. Not by a ton, but still.
Koscielny was horrible the last season - I would still say Bailly is the best, despite being in Mourinho's doghouse.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Bailly is about equal with Sokratis I’d say. Kos is the best defender of the two teams. But smalling, Jones, and Rojo are all definitely better than Mustafi. Not by a ton, but still.

I would have called Bailly a starter if I had any faith in him staying healthy, and he'd definitely play as one of the 3 best CBs. After that I'd rather just put Holding/Chambers out there than Smalling/Rojo/whoever. At that point we're pretty screwed anyways.

Koscielny was horrible the last season - I would still say Bailly is the best, despite being in Mourinho's doghouse.

Horrible is a bit strong. He's still a good CB, but his achilles issues did (and will continue to) prevent him from being one of the best in the PL again.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Barça paper linking the club with Piatek. Watching the highlights I can understand why.

De Ligt essentially said something about preferring Barcelona to City because he "likes the sun". Well of course he likes the sun, why do you think he plays for Hollywood Blondes?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
De Ligt essentially said something about preferring Barcelona to City because he "likes the sun". Well of course he likes the sun, why do you think he plays for Hollywood Blondes?

De Ligt and de Jong are Barca bound. They should fit in perfectly.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Italian sides always try to lowball Dutch teams, not to mention they usually offer to pay in terms or other shitty alternatives. Neither de Ligt or de Jong will join any Italian side, anyway. De Ligt can go to any team he wants and with the Ajax-Barcelona connection, I think it's obvious where he will go to. De Jong as well mentioned that he would love to play with Messi, of all players, and how his girlfriend loves Spain, hinting Barcelona as a destination as well. Should be a good bidding war, though. I believe Overmars and Ajax might challenge the highest transfer income by a club this summer.

I think Ajax will say goodbye to the following few this next summer (ranked in likeliness of leaving):
  • Ziyech - Anywhere from 30-40M (perhaps less, as Ajax really wants to cooperate) - 100% gone
  • De Jong - Anywhere from 50 - 65M - 80% gone
  • De Ligt - Anywhere from 55 - 70M - 75% gone
  • Neres - Anywhere from 35 - 50M - 55% gone
  • Onana - Anywhere from 15-25M (goalkeepers are hard to judge) - 55% gone
  • Tagliafico - Anywhere from 10-20M - 50% gone
  • Donny van de Beek - Anywhere from 15-25M (value is lower now that he is on the bench. Though with Ziyech leaving, I could see him stay for another season) - 40% gone

Last edited:
Reactions: les Habs

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Italian sides always try to lowball Dutch teams, not to mention they usually offer to pay in terms or other ****ty alternatives. Neither de Ligt or de Jong will join any Italian side, anyway. De Ligt can go to any team he wants and with the Ajax-Barcelona connection, I think it's obvious where he will go to. De Jong as well mentioned that he would love to play with Messi, of all players, and how his girlfriend loves Spain, hinting Barcelona as a destination as well. Should be a good bidding war, though. I believe Overmars and Ajax might challenge the highest transfer income by a club this summer.

I think Ajax will say goodbye to the following few this next summer (ranked in likeliness of leaving):
  • Ziyech - Anywhere from 30-40M (perhaps less, as Ajax really wants to cooperate) - 100% gone
  • De Jong - Anywhere from 50 - 65M - 80% gone
  • De Ligt - Anywhere from 55 - 70M - 75% gone
  • Neres - Anywhere from 35 - 50M - 55% gone
  • Onana - Anywhere from 15-25M (goalkeepers are hard to judge) - 55% gone
  • Tagliafico - Anywhere from 10-20M - 50% gone
  • Donny van de Beek - Anywhere from 15-25M (value is lower now that he is on the bench. Though with Ziyech leaving, I could see him stay for another season) - 40% gone

Has Onana been linked with any particular top team? Quickly thinking, I'm not sure if any CL level team from Spain, England, France, Germany or Italy is in need of a keeper for that price?

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Has Onana been linked with any particular top team? Quickly thinking, I'm not sure if any CL level team from Spain, England, France, Germany or Italy is in need of a keeper for that price?

Only Marseille and some undisclosed Spanish sides. Onana will cost less, though. His contract is up in two years. Thinking 10-17M.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Arsenal would be perfect for him. He plays much like Ozil does, but also doing the dirty work.

Also see Ziyech thrive in Italy.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
We should absolutely go for De Ligt, and pay as much as necessary.
I still remember how impressed I was first time I saw him play when he was 17, a beast.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Not a good source at all but I like what who they’re targeting from it.

Mail saying that United want SMS, Milenkovic, Rebic, and Perisic in the winter window. I don’t think we need all of them but all of them would fit in well. I think getting SMS or Milenkovic would be a great window but if they can get both then perfect. Add in one of Perisic or Rebic and this teams looks great (provided they all fit in)

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Not a good source at all but I like what who they’re targeting from it.

Mail saying that United want SMS, Milenkovic, Rebic, and Perisic in the winter window. I don’t think we need all of them but all of them would fit in well. I think getting SMS or Milenkovic would be a great window but if they can get both then perfect. Add in one of Perisic or Rebic and this teams looks great (provided they all fit in)

I love how the Mail just discovered the player pool in Serbia, Croatia, etc after the World Cup.

Every rumor now is in the entire Crotian WC roster to the PL. (not a slight at those countries - just the English media). It's like they didn't know this part of the world existed before this summer.

Reactions: Gecklund

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I love how the Mail just discovered the player pool in Serbia, Croatia, etc after the World Cup.

Every rumor now is in the entire Crotian WC roster to the PL. (not a slight at those countries - just the English media). It's like they didn't know this part of the world existed before this summer.
I don’t think it’s necessarily just them. It’s that they weren’t mainstream and wouldn’t generate clicks. Now they definitely do so they can use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad