Jul 17, 2012
California
Reactions: I Eat Crow

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
If United don’t go hard for him, they are dumb

They need 4 things by next season. Some are much less urgent than others but IMO order goes (with suggestions)
1. RW (Dembele, Thauvin, Bale)
2. CB (Manolas, Skriniar, Milenkovic)
3. Rotational DM (Neves, SMS, Ndombele)
4. RB (Hysaj, Sidibe, Fernandes)

SMS is more of a Pogba type CM, not a DM. And Manolas would be an alright upgrade, but not a big enough one imo. The players we need would be Skriniar, Ndombele, and Dembele. That’d be my must acquire list for next season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
SMS is more of a Pogba type CM, not a DM. And Manolas would be an alright upgrade, but not a big enough one imo. The players we need would be Skriniar, Ndombele, and Dembele. That’d be my must acquire list for next season.
A few of the midfield options would push Fred into DM but I agree. If we can get them that would be absolutely fantastic.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
A few of the midfield options would push Fred into DM but I agree. If we can get them that would be absolutely fantastic.

Getting a legitimate DM should be up there on needs for us. Matic won't have any legs by the time the season is done because we have no one else worth playing there. I don't mind Pereira there, but he should only play there in a double pivot where he's the ball player rather than the destroyer.

Reactions: Gecklund

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018

Don't you dare take Manolas from us. He's actually been pretty immense , and is looking oddly assured on the ball this season.

He's a comfortable upgrade over every United CB except an in-form Bailly.

Take Fazio and we'll take Fellaini. Straight swap. Or give us 50m and Rojo on reduced wages.

Manolas would be an alright upgrade, but not a big enough one imo

Good, tell this to Mourinho and Ed.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
If United don’t go hard for him, they are dumb

They need 4 things by next season. Some are much less urgent than others but IMO order goes (with suggestions)
1. RW (Dembele, Thauvin, Bale)
3. Rotational DM (Neves, SMS, Ndombele)
4. RB (Hysaj, Sidibe, Fernandes)

IF they want Dembele it'll be for 100+ or should be.

As for the rest of the list if Manu on a DM Ascacibar should be available. I think he's ready for the next stage.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Don't you dare take Manolas from us. He's actually been pretty immense , and is looking oddly assured on the ball this season.

He's a comfortable upgrade over every United CB except an in-form Bailly.

Take Fazio and we'll take Fellaini. Straight swap. Or give us 50m and Rojo on reduced wages.

Good, tell this to Mourinho and Ed.

Has he been that good? I thought he had been somewhat inconsistent during his time at Roma?

*also I don't watch the Serie A as much as I should so my player evaluation could(probably) is off.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Has he been that good? I thought he had been somewhat inconsistent during his time at Roma?

*also I don't watch the Serie A as much as I should so my player evaluation could(probably) is off.

Yeah , for probably the last 2 and half years he's been pretty damn solid. He was wild positionally and super rash earlier in his career , but he's cleaned that up. Especially under EDF , he's been absolutely crucial. He still plays with an edge (which I love) , but it's not maniacal like it was.

This season he's taken it up a notch , but it hasn't really been noticed due to the rest of our d being crap and Roma struggling.

I dunno where'd I'd rank him or anything like that , but we'd be totally screwed without him. I can't count the amount of times his pace has bailed us out. He can go step-for-step with most strikers , and actually challenge in space 1v1 . His recovery speed is exceptional. He's a throwback kind of player , imo.

Along with DDR , he's probably the most irreplaceable player we have on our roster. Mourinho would totally love him , I know that.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah , for probably the last 2 and half years he's been pretty damn solid. He was wild positionally and super rash earlier in his career , but he's cleaned that up. Especially under EDF , he's been absolutely crucial. He still plays with an edge (which I love) , but it's not maniacal like it was.

This season he's taken it up a notch , but it hasn't really been noticed due to the rest of our d being crap and Roma struggling.

I dunno where'd I'd rank him or anything like that , but we'd be totally screwed without him. I can't count the amount of times his pace has bailed us out. He can go step-for-step with most strikers , and actually challenge in space 1v1 . His recovery speed is exceptional. He's a throwback kind of player , imo.

Along with DDR , he's probably the most irreplaceable player we have on our roster. Mourinho would totally love him , I know that.

Ok thanks for the summary. Guess I was just stuck on a previous scouting report of mine basically.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Ok thanks for the summary. Guess I was just stuck on a previous scouting report of mine basically.

Haha it's all good , I was just being cheeky in the first place. You're not totally wrong in your assessment in that it wouldn't be a substantial upgrade in the sense of wanting to level the playing field with City. He's not a van Dijk level player that would instantly transform your backline. But I do think he could be a really good #2 and would certainly help United based on their current group of CB's.

But yeah, if you want a van Dijk level upgrade , it's pretty much Skriniar in Italy. You're not getting any of the Juve guys , and Koulibaly would cost Neymar level money from crazy ass ADL.

Honestly though, Bailly brings a lot of the same qualities and probably has a higher ceiling. He's certainly much better with the ball from what I've seen.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

Not to mention he bags the odd clutch goal too.

In a way I'd love to see Utd nab Škriniar because I think he's getting a bit overrated at this point and they'd pay through the nose for him, but Mourinho will still find a way to eff things up with him.

If the rumours are true, really curious whether Barca manages to recoup their money on Dembele, considering they've basically only devalued him since getting him (injuries + not getting playing time + alluding to character issues).

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Also, with Bale getting this blame for Lopetegui's firing and the team's struggles, I bet he really regrets not taking off in the summer too

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If the rumours are true, really curious whether Barca manages to recoup their money on Dembele, considering they've basically only devalued him since getting him (injuries + not getting playing time + alluding to character issues).
I could totally see PSG trying to get him and selling Cavani (with Mbappe playing CF).

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Liverpool should be high on the list. Klopp could get him to where he needs to be, and he could get starts there.

Going to United with Mourinho is a bad move. Heck, all those proposed transfers are silly until they find a manager.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
In a way I'd love to see Utd nab Škriniar because I think he's getting a bit overrated at this point and they'd pay through the nose for him, but Mourinho will still find a way to eff things up with him.].

I'm sure you and a lot of United fans would love that, and you wouldn't be wrong for that.

With Inter becoming financially stable, back in the Champions League, and Skriniar enjoying his time and role at the club, however, it's not something I would count on. Where Inter are at their stage of progress, Skriniar is more valuable than the money they would get for him in a transfer.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Paving the way for Kante/Pogba/Dembele to PSG?

I can't imagine they'd move Cavani without adding another front 3 player , and Dembele is apparently available. Dembele seems like the logical answer to me.

That's why I didn't instantly disregard it. If PSG wants Dembele , they're gunna have to sell someone with FFP breathing down their necks.

It kinda makes sense. Cavani's kids still live in Naples too and Carlo is there now... just sayin'.

Never say never.

Not sure there's room for Cavani, Mertens, and Milik but man, I'd looove to see Cavani back at Napoli.

I'd love it too, man. He embodied that city when he played for them.

The best economic move would be to sell Mertens due to his age. But I don't think Milik has been that good for them, personally. The Napoli fans I know would fire Milik into the sun in an instant for Cavani. He and Insigne would compliment each other really well.

If you want to try and close the gap with Juve , you've gotta make moves like this. Juventus beat them by 4 points and added Cristiano. This would be their answer.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I'd love it too, man. He embodied that city when he played for them.

The best economic move would be to sell Mertens due to his age. But I don't think Milik has been that good for them, personally. The Napoli fans I know would fire Milik into the sun in an instant for Cavani. He and Insigne would compliment each other really well.

If you want to try and close the gap with Juve , you've gotta make moves like this. Juventus beat them by 4 points and added Cristiano. This would be their answer.
Not sure selling Mertens is a good idea if the goal is to win the scudetto. Obviously the money needs to come from somewhere though. Selling Milik would be the best way to win now but he's still 24 and I doubt they'd be able to recoup the money they spent on him.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Napoli always looks better when Mertens is on the field (from when I've watched them, against Liverpool they instantly looked more dangerous and piled on pressure). Even though he's getting up there he's still in his prime and if they're looking to win he's someone to keep around even if you end up using him as a super sub.

Cavani to Napoli would be great for them. It would also be interesting to see if PSG does make a push for the big French names, though I can't see Kante going anywhere.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Evilo , you hearing anything about this?

It comes around every now and then. It's no secret Cavani loved in Napoli. That said, PSG could very well move Mbappe to CF at some point, which would make sense if such a deal were to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad