Transfer: 2019 Winter Transfer Rumors and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Holy hell, I am starting to understand why other fans dislike the EPL. Man United players getting insanely overvalued in this thread, there are like three who I would take on Arsenal (nobody else).

I echo these comments, there are a handful of players who will blossom into wonderful flowers once they get off of "HMS Black-spot United" lead by Pirate Captain Jose "Blameless""Nightmare""Sexist""Blackhole" Mourinho.

You’re really gonna make yourself a marytr because people pushed back on your suggestion of swapping a 20 yr old Rashford or 22 yr old Martial for Ramsey?

Reactions: Gecklund

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Who in the United organization hurt you? It seems like you have a personal vendetta about them. It is a borderline obsession. You bring them up when no one is talking about them and it is just insane.
I hate them. Along with every other team. Including Arsenal. ;)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You’re really gonna make yourself a marytr because people pushed back on your suggestion of swapping a 20 yr old Rashford or 22 yr old Martial for Ramsey?
Ehhhhhhh, I already mentioned more than once that Rashford was unavailable, glasses need adjustment? 22 years old for Martial isn't really that old when you consider that footballers enter their prime when they're 23 to 24. He's been far from good for them or in his career - just a player who has shown flashes here and there.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Ehhhhhhh, I already mentioned more than once that Rashford was unavailable, glasses need adjustment? 22 years old for Martial isn't really that old when you consider that footballers enter their prime when they're 23 to 24. He's been far from good for them or in his career - just a player who has shown flashes here and there.

So you suggested a player who you know is not available, and another player who acknowledge isn’t even at his prime yet, for a guy out of contract, and everyone else is the asshole?

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Man United players getting insanely overvalued in this thread, there are like three who I would take on Arsenal (nobody else).

Ok , I'll bite :

De Gea - yes
Valencia- no
Smalling- I could see him being a squad player at Arsenal. I mean, Rob Holding is his competition.
Lindelof- I could be convinced either way
Shaw- yes
Matic - too old
Pogba- yes
Fred- probably not
Lingard - why not? Good squad player at least.
Lukaku- I could understand being satisfied with what you have. But he's not far off , if not on par.
Sanchez- lol , I won't go there

Martial- yes
Rashford- yes
Mata- too old , and Ozil's better.
Herrera- yes, because of your manager
Fellaini- no
Young- no
Pereira- yeah, I'd take him at Arsenal. I think he has solid potential
McTominay- no
Phil Jones- no
Bailly- yes
Dalot- why not? Kid looks legit and Bellerin has stagnated.
Darmian- no
Rojo- no

I would definitely take more than 3 for Arsenal , personally.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So you suggested a player who you know is not available, and another player who acknowledge isn’t even at his prime yet, for a guy out of contract, and everyone else is the *******?
I was going to make a post about how you're wrong, but I rather post this instead...

Ok , I'll bite :

De Gea - yes
Valencia- no
Smalling- I could see him being a squad player at Arsenal. I mean, Rob Holding is his competition.
Lindelof- I could be convinced either way
Shaw- yes
Matic - too old
Pogba- yes
Fred- probably not
Lingard - why not? Good squad player at least.
Lukaku- I could understand being satisfied with what you have. But he's not far off , if not on par.
Sanchez- lol , I won't go there

I would definitely take more than 3 for Arsenal , personally.
The three I thought of are Pogba, de Gea, and Rashford. Shaw is too injury prone to want him, but he would be fourth if he was healthy. Don't care about their subs.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I would take Bailly, de Gea, Rashford, Dalot, Martial and Pogba at Arsenal. The rest wouldn't be worth inquiring about.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Holy hell, I am starting to understand why other fans dislike the EPL. Man United players getting insanely overvalued in this thread, there are like three who I would take on Arsenal (nobody else).

I echo these comments, there are a handful of players who will blossom into wonderful flowers once they get off of "HMS Black-spot United" lead by Pirate Captain Jose "Blameless""Nightmare""Sexist""Blackhole" Mourinho.
That’s funny. There’s literally one MAYBE two players I’d take on United from Arsenal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Never really got the hype for either Rashford or Martial..
When Martial put on a show in the CL being a one man wrecking crew up front (playing striker) the hype got crazy. He does has great talent. Super fast, can dribble through any defense.
But the guy is so inconsistant. Monaco cashed in on that CL performance and I said at the time how stupid the price was.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Lool. And you complained about an anti man-utd movement a few posts earlier.
The point is Arsenal has a worse roster in every area except Ozil and maybe one of Laca/Auba. I just expect more from United than Arsenal.

Side note:

Mou was at the Serbia-Montenegro to watch SMS cause he wants him in January

Akanji wants to play for United

United want Grimaldo to give Shaw some back up

Last edited:

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC

I'm still reserving full judgement because of Mourinho. They've both regressed as offensive players, due to the tactics and being played out wide. But I'd agree they're a bit over-hyped. I think both can become really great players, but I don't think either is going to lead a world class attack.

Martial had 9 goals and 5 assists in 18 PL starts, 12 subs (1500 mins total) last season. Nearly all of that was by January, before Sanchez arrived. Then he was benched. That's solid output for those mins/starts.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That’s funny. There’s literally one MAYBE two players I’d take on United from Arsenal.

Keeper I'd obviously take United.

Back line I guess maybe Bellerin, but he's really stagnated recently.

Midfield there's Ozil.

Attack there's Lacazette who I'd probably take over Lukaku given how often Lukaku misses chances.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Keeper I'd obviously take United.

Back line I guess maybe Bellerin, but he's really stagnated recently.

Midfield there's Ozil.

Attack there's Lacazette who I'd probably take over Lukaku given how often Lukaku misses chances.
That’s what I was thinking. I do like Bellerin. I just worry that he isn’t enough of an improvement over AV/Dalot. I would rather buy a different RB. Ozil I agree. Laca right now I would probably take but if Lukaku is on form I take him

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Overrated pacebabbies. Martial has some talent outside of running fast at least. He'd probably be a pretty damn good player if he wasn't stuck under Mourinho.

Add in Lingard to that list too. Guy is hot garbage every time I watched him. I only recently discovered that he's 25 years old lmao. I was under the impression that he was a teenager with potential at least, turns out he just sucks. He pretty much sums up everything that's wrong with the English national team for me. Crap player.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
According to SPORT (no idea how reliable), Man City have offered 80M for de Jong in order to lure him away from Barcelona, who appear to be the frontrunner.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
According to SPORT (no idea how reliable), Man City have offered 80M for de Jong in order to lure him away from Barcelona, who appear to be the frontrunner.
What kind of game does he play? I’ve seen very little of him and the games I have seen he hasn’t impressed me or at least just didn’t stick out enough for a team like City or Barca. I’ve read a lot about him though.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
The point is Arsenal has a worse roster in every area except Ozil and maybe one of Laca/Auba. I just expect more from United than Arsenal.

Side note:

Mou was at the Serbia-Montenegro to watch SMS cause he wants him in January

Akanji wants to play for United

United want Grimaldo to give Shaw some back up
They don't tho. The only reason Utd finished ahead last season was because of de Gea's once in a generation type season. Fair play, de Gea is their team, but that doesn't mean they aren't flawed in basically every other area on the pitch.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What kind of game does he play? I’ve seen very little of him and the games I have seen he hasn’t impressed me or at least just didn’t stick out enough for a team like City or Barca. I’ve read a lot about him though.

Reactions: Il Mediano

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

As President of Hollywood Blondes FC I can confirm that Man City have indeed made that bid. However I have rejected it outright and will only sell to Barcelona (for much less than 80 million) or Ajax. Frenkie has told me he is only interested in Barcelona were he to leave and that he'd like to finish his career at Ajax after that.

Reactions: Ajacied

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
De Gea - obvious yes
Valencia- no
Smalling- fourth option at best
Lindelof- fourth option at best
Shaw - not better than Monreal/Kolasinac imo
Matic - maybe
Pogba- obvious yes
Fred- no
Lingard - no
Lukaku- dont need
Sanchez- nopeeee
Martial- squad player
Rashford- squad player
Mata- no
Herrera- no, personally dislike him
Fellaini- no
Young- no
Pereira- no
McTominay- no
Phil Jones- no
Bailly- yes
Dalot- backup...maybe?
Darmian- no
Rojo- no

So basically I'd take 4 players from united, with 2 being starters (Pogba, De Gea) and the other 2 being rotation options depending on form (Bailly, one of Rashford/Martial).

And United would be stupid not to take any of Lacazette, Auba, Ozil, Ramsey/Torreira, Bellerin. They might even need one of our crappy CBs with the trash they are putting out there every week.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So basically I'd take 4 players from united, with 2 being starters (Pogba, De Gea) and the other 2 being rotation options depending on form (Bailly, one of Rashford/Martial).

And United would be stupid not to take any of Lacazette, Auba, Ozil, Ramsey/Torreira, Bellerin. They might even need one of our crappy CBs with the trash they are putting out there every week.

Bailly is about equal with Sokratis I’d say. Kos is the best defender of the two teams. But smalling, Jones, and Rojo are all definitely better than Mustafi. Not by a ton, but still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->