OT: 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I take the complete opposite view, and think the whining from the players is funny and pathetic.

There's no way Harris should be MOC for this franchise this year.

Wyman basically lays it out in one paragraph:

"The point here is, hundreds of athletes have made the tainted supplement claim before, but when it’s unsubstantiated, it can’t be held as gospel."

WYMAN: Why I did not vote for Bombers running back Andrew Harris for any CFL awards

bang on opinion article. I agree.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Right on, Paul. The media have no business imposing additional punishment beyond what is set out by the league. They shouldn't even have a say in league awards anyway.

FRIESEN: Blue Bombers’ Harris would get my vote
Good article!

Rather, it’s about the rules of voting. About the fact he paid his penalty, as per the CFL drug policy.

The NFL also prohibits players who test positive from winning year-end awards or making the Pro Bowl, their version of the all-star team.

The CFL has no such rules. And while it probably should, maybe even will by next season, it doesn’t now.
So Harris was eligible for this year’s awards.

The pompous arrogance of insignificant media to impose additional punishment to a player just so they can pretend to be the gate keepers of morality and feel like they are important is pathetic. Stay in your lane and do what is asked of you. No one asked them to do anything other than choose the MOP/outstanding Canadian of the team. Nothing more. They failed to do that in every measurable way.

I hope the players or at least the ones who have chosen to speak out as well as Harris freeze out these media slugs. Don’t answer a single question or do any interviews with them ever again.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Good article!

Rather, it’s about the rules of voting. About the fact he paid his penalty, as per the CFL drug policy.

The NFL also prohibits players who test positive from winning year-end awards or making the Pro Bowl, their version of the all-star team.

The CFL has no such rules. And while it probably should, maybe even will by next season, it doesn’t now.
So Harris was eligible for this year’s awards.

The pompous arrogance of insignificant media to impose additional punishment to a player just so they can pretend to be the gate keepers of morality and feel like they are important is pathetic. Stay in your lane and do what is asked of you. No one asked them to do anything other than choose the MOP/outstanding Canadian of the team. Nothing more. They failed to do that in every measurable way.

I hope the players or at least the ones who have chosen to speak out as well as Harris freeze out these media slugs. Don’t answer a single question or do any interviews with them ever again.
Well the media members who did this are Jeff Hamilton of the Winnipeg Free Press, Darrin Bauming of TSN, and Ted Wyman of the Winnipeg Sun. Mike O'Shea and Bob Irving both voted for Andrew Harris.

Reactions: PaperRockChamp

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
And make that money doing what?

Let's not make it sound like he would be turning his back on NFL money. I'm sure he's been preparing himself for a post-football career, and doors tend to open for former pro athletes. Of course, it's all moot. He's not going to quit.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Let's not make it sound like he would be turning his back on NFL money. I'm sure he's been preparing himself for a post-football career, and doors tend to open for former pro athletes. Of course, it's all moot. He's not going to quit.

His post football career won't be as lucrative as his football career right now. No reason for him to quit.

Reactions: GNP

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
At his age and the position he plays, Harris is already on borrowed time.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
So the Bombers play in Calgary this week. I'm picking the Bombers to win in a close game. I'm surprised the Bombers are only going with 3 practices this week. I thought they might add another one with the extra long week. Probably something in the CBA preventing them from doing so.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It was 89-88 Stamps over 3 games this year. With two games at Winnipeg. That's gonna be tough to overcome. I think if we win this game we easily make it to Grey Cup. It should be a great game this week. And the game this week should determine the future for O'Shea and Walters. Lose and they are done, win and they likely get one more season with a true starting QB (Masoli) to see if this roster can win it all. No matter who's in charge I think Bombers will be great next year with a real starting QB in Masoli at the helm.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
One of the funny things among CFL playoffs is that Winnipeg should probably be happy about the divisional setup this year. While they have to visit a tough situation in CGY round 1, if they get out of that they should be able to go into a easy matchup in Sask. In the no division setup while they get a powder puff nothing matchup at home against Montreal they'd have to head into Hamilton for the semi's (assuming Calgary would destory Edmonton). It's honestly easier to go on road v Calgary and Sask vs home vs Mtl and road v Hamilton.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
It was 89-88 Stamps over 3 games this year. With two games at Winnipeg. That's gonna be tough to overcome. I think if we win this game we easily make it to Grey Cup. It should be a great game this week. And the game this week should determine the future for O'Shea and Walters. Lose and they are done, win and they likely get one more season with a true starting QB (Masoli) to see if this roster can win it all. No matter who's in charge I think Bombers will be great next year with a real starting QB in Masoli at the helm.

You seem awful confident that Winnipeg will land Masoli

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
One of the funny things among CFL playoffs is that Winnipeg should probably be happy about the divisional setup this year. While they have to visit a tough situation in CGY round 1, if they get out of that they should be able to go into a easy matchup in Sask. In the no division setup while they get a powder puff nothing matchup at home against Montreal they'd have to head into Hamilton for the semi's (assuming Calgary would destory Edmonton). It's honestly easier to go on road v Calgary and Sask vs home vs Mtl and road v Hamilton.

Riders finish first in the West and might be the best team in the country when you consider that Hamilton's record was inflated by being in a much weaker division, yet you dismiss them as an easy matchup. Mmm-kay.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Riders finish first in the West and might be the best team in the country when you consider that Hamilton's record was inflated by being in a much weaker division, yet you dismiss them as an easy matchup. Mmm-kay.
Hamilton was pretty good. They only lost to generally good teams, MTL, SK and CGY.They only lost those games by 7,5, and 1 point. I’d rather play Sk than Ham.

Reactions: BlakeScheifehlaine

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Riders didn't face a starting QB all year. They got lucky. I'd have them as the 5th best team at best.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
As much as Masoli could be the missing piece here. I’d bet he goes to Toronto. The CFL isn’t going to let the Argos go another year searching for a QB. Masoli can stay in Southern Ontario in the big city.
What does the cfl have to do where a qb goes?

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Should be a relatively easy victory for Calgary, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. They might clean house if we lose.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Should be a relatively easy victory for Calgary, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. They might clean house if we lose.

Your in for a surprise. This game will come down to the final drive I'm sure. There was a 1 point point differential in 3 games this year between the two teams.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Riders didn't face a starting QB all year. They got lucky. I'd have them as the 5th best team at best.

Pretty funny you would say that, given that the Riders didn't have a "starting QB" as you put it all season. Fajardo had very little playing time in his previous 3 seasons with Toronto and BC. It seems backup QBs aren't bad everywhere. Huh, how about that?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
For the Bombers to win this game against the Stamps --they will have to start Collaros and play him all game. " No chance" to win, if we play Steveler IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad