OT: 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Your in for a surprise. This game will come down to the final drive I'm sure. There was a 1 point point differential in 3 games this year between the two teams.

You might be right, it would be a bit surprising to keep all the coaches after we get blown out. But the Bombers have a history of head-scratching decisions, I would just lump that one in.

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
What does the cfl have to do where a qb goes?
Ricky Ray for Stephen Jyles, Grant Shaw and a 1st.

The CFL has a huge interest in making the Argos a good team to grow the highest potential market in the country. I’ll admit it’s a bit of a conspiracy theory but I still think it’s the most likely scenario.

Reactions: Fairview

TS Quint

GET THESE ADS OUT OF MY WAY!
Sep 8, 2012
Your in for a surprise. This game will come down to the final drive I'm sure. There was a 1 point point differential in 3 games this year between the two teams.
I agree. At the very least I’m loving that 6.5 point spread.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Where do you see this? The sources I've seen say cloudy or partly cloudy. The Weather Network said scattered flurries.

It does agree with the cold part, though. And not directed at you but every Prairie team is used to playing in brutal wintery conditions. Don't know where this myth started that Mother Nature is the 13th man for the Bombers.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
It does agree with the cold part, though. And not directed at you but every Prairie team is used to playing in brutal wintery conditions. Don't know where this myth started that Mother Nature is the 13th man for the Bombers.

Bad weather (cold/snow) is good for running games and bad for passing games. Bombers are BY far the best running team in the league and the best against the run.

It's not hard to understand why this is very good for the Bombers and that's not a myth.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Bad weather (cold/snow) is good for running games and bad for passing games. Bombers are BY far the best running team in the league and the best against the run.

It's not hard to understand why this is very good for the Bombers and that's not a myth.

I agree with this post -it's a lot harder to throw the long ball when it's really cold out there, and you get a lot of drops from frozen hands. Although this is true, you can still make some nice passes, but it's a lot harder to keep your completion percentage up.

Bombers have a lot better chance to win with cold temps, considering Calgary likes to throw a lot of deep balls. This probably will be a fairly close game.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
BC didn't waste time firing Devon Claybrooks, he may of been over his head as a HC but he was a very good DC albeit with very good players in Calgary.

That stunned mouth-breather look of his made me think he was not long for that job. :laugh:

CleanCoarseHarrier-size_restricted.gif

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

I agree with this post -it's a lot harder to throw the long ball when it's really cold out there, and you get a lot of drops from frozen hands. Although this is true, you can still make some nice passes, but it's a lot harder to keep your completion percentage up.

Bombers have a lot better chance to win with cold temps, considering Calgary likes to throw a lot of deep balls. This probably will be a fairly close game.

OK, but dropped balls from a receiver's frozen hands result in an incompletion. Dropped balls from a running back's frozen hands probably mean a turnover. Which is worse? And Harris has had his share of dropsies lately to boot.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
OK, but dropped balls from a receiver's frozen hands result in an incompletion. Dropped balls from a running back's frozen hands probably mean a turnover. Which is worse? And Harris has had his share of dropsies lately to boot.

I just think it's a lot easier to drop a long deep high throw, that you have to reach for and sometimes finesse the ball into your hands, than it is to drop a little short pass, that's a lot easier to catch.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I think the weather will work to the Bombers advantage.

Reactions: Spock

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

I just think it's a lot easier to drop a long deep high throw, that you have to reach for and sometimes finesse the ball into your hands, than it is to drop a little short pass, that's a lot easier to catch.

I guess we'll see what happens, but I think the weather will work to the Bombers advantage.

I was referring to the running back fumbling on all those rushing plays we'll be relying on.

Reactions: GNP

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Do you think the team with a better passing game will benefit from cold conditions more than the team with a run heavy offense?

I think when playing under adverse conditions, the team with better coaching will be better able to make adjustments during the game to account for those conditions. I do not think the Bombers have the better coaches. But hey, come Sunday we'll see how it all plays out.

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
I think when playing under adverse conditions, the team with better coaching will be better able to make adjustments during the game to account for those conditions. I do not think the Bombers have the better coaches. But hey, come Sunday we'll see how it all plays out.

What you said is true.

However it has nothing to with with the assertion that bad weather favours the team with the better run game. It is a lot easier to hold onto a ball when you are cold than catch one when you are cold.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I just hope that it's so cold that Dickenson's mouth is frozen shut.

Hey Busta -I agree with you -it would be nice to see Dickenson's mouth frozen shut --and I'm sure the Ref's would like that too. :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: bustamente
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad