OT: 2019 Winnipeg Blue Bombers Next Stop the 107th Grey Cup vs. the Ti-Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm just heading into work so I cant respond to it all but Hamilton wont be able to keep Masoli and Evans. His choices will be tirefire in Ottawa or a ready made winner in Winnipeg.

And I was talking about radio yesterday people were saying 2 year contract.

Fair enough. Hopefully Bob Irving and Co. talked some sense into them.

I guess it depends on how the playoffs go. But is it certain Hamilton keeps Evans over Masoli?

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Again, like the Moose, a local sports teams cheaping out by not having a bobblehead available for every fan who attends. That's just dumb PR. Of course, maybe they'll get what they deserve and have only 15,000 fans show up.

As for Zack, I won't be surprised if he leaves the field as a bobblehead. The guy should have retired, no matter how good he claims to feel right now.
It looked like everyone who showed up got a Bobblehead!
So this debunks you’re bunkyness.

awesome detail in the Harris bobblehead not to mention a solid fun game to watch!

go BC go next week. Then we may get a home playoff game and GOLD MEMBER can make another celebrity appearance!:naughty:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Fair enough. Hopefully Bob Irving and Co. talked some sense into them.

I guess it depends on how the playoffs go. But is it certain Hamilton keeps Evans over Masoli?
Well Evens is already signed through next year in Hamilton and Masoli is a free agent. So Masoli will not be returning to Hamilton unless he wants to be a back up.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
It looked like everyone who showed up got a Bobblehead!
So this debunks you’re bunkyness.

awesome detail in the Harris bobblehead not to mention a solid fun game to watch!

go BC go next week. Then we may get a home playoff game and GOLD MEMBER can make another celebrity appearance!:naughty:

Attendance was 24,460. They said there were bobbleheads for the first 15,000 fans. Respectfully, there is no way for you to see in a venue that size that everyone got one. I believe my bunkyness remains in effect. :nod:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Attendance was 24,460. They said there were bobbleheads for the first 15,000 fans. Respectfully, there is no way for you to see in a venue that size that everyone got one. I believe my bunkyness remains in effect. :nod:
Mmmm there was no way there were actually that many people in the stands their last night.
I saw it in person and maybe 21 at best.
Bunk

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yes two qbs can be on at the same time. There is no limit youre just throwing the ball from behind scrimmage anyone can do it

I'm pretty sure in CFL you are not allowed to have 2 QBs on field at the same time. Because if you could teams would hide WR's/RB's as #3 QB's to gain an extra designated international spot.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I'm pretty sure in CFL you are not allowed to have 2 QBs on field at the same time. Because if you could teams would hide WR's/RB's as #3 QB's to gain an extra designated international spot.

Couldn’t we just designate Streveler as a RB then? Streveler is designated as a backup running back, and then you have Collaros, McGuire and Knight as your 2 QBs. Streveler comes in on certain packages (take out an American receiver on the play like Bailey or Lawler). If Collaros gets hurt, Streveler and Harris both come on and Streveler starts taking snaps. Or, if you must have a designated QB on the field (I don’t think you do because we’ve done plays from the wildcat without a QB on the field) than you have McGuire come on as the designated QB and Streveler as the designated RB takes the snaps.

It gets a little confusing but I think we could have both Collaros and Streveler on at the same time.

Reactions: Fairview

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Couldn’t we just designate Streveler as a RB then? Streveler is designated as a backup running back, and then you have Collaros, McGuire and Knight as your 2 QBs. Streveler comes in on certain packages (take out an American receiver on the play like Bailey or Lawler). If Collaros gets hurt, Streveler and Harris both come on and Streveler starts taking snaps. Or, if you must have a designated QB on the field (I don’t think you do because we’ve done plays from the wildcat without a QB on the field) than you have McGuire come on as the designated QB and Streveler as the designated RB takes the snaps.

It gets a little confusing but I think we could have both Collaros and Streveler on at the same time.

We have done direct snaps to Harris. But theres always been 1 QB on the field. I remember once they lined up Nichols at WR lol.

It's about ratio hiding, not designating each play. Even having Bennett play special teams was frowned upon cause again a team could hide an American STer as the 3rd string QB. For example when we ran 2 QB's O'Shea said Adam's was our emergency #3. If you could have 2 QBs on field at same time they'd have moved Adam's to list him as #3 QB then added another international onto the roster elsewhere (like another DL or DB). List Grant for example as starting WR. Then every play we run two QB's taking out Grant for Adams. So while we still maintain internationals among starters, wed have snuck another designated international onto roster. That's why I'm sure theres a rule against 2 QBs on field at same time.

Having Streveler as an RB means wed have to take another designated international off the roster. So youd lose Grant or Richardson or our backup DB (which varies), etc.

Reactions: jetsforever

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Yes two qbs can be on at the same time. There is no limit youre just throwing the ball from behind scrimmage anyone can do it

No. Look at my post above and you'll see why you cant. Yes anyone can take snap and throw the ball, that's not the issue. It's about how the rosters are managed with the ratio.

If a team wanted to do this they'd have to list the 2nd QB as another position when declaring roster. So say we list Streveler as a backup RB then we could run packages with both Collaros and Streveler, either one or neither. And yes Streveler could be behind center taking snaps despite the RB listing. BUT that costs you a spot elsewhere for a backup american.

Last edited:

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
No. Look at my post above and you'll see why you cant. Yes anyone can take snap and throw the ball, that's not the issue. It's about how the rosters are managed with the ratio.

If a team wanted to do this they'd have to list the 2nd QB as another position when declaring roster. So say we list Streveler as a backup RB then we could run packages with both Collaros and Streveler, either one or neither. And yes Streveler could be behind center taking snaps despite the RB listing. BUT that costs you a spot elsewhere for a backup american.
Oh I was responding as in rule wise.
Im sure you can just list him as a rb. I think youre over analyzing it.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Well, Bombers must now win a game at Mosaic to get to the Grey Cup. Be afraid, Bomber fans, be very afraid.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
I'm a lapsed Bomber fan and STH, in part because I haven't seen a quarterback like (a healthy) Collaros in our system in 15 years. So, I am paying attention again and even contemplating purchasing season tickets for 2020 now, on a hunch that the best seats will be less available in a month.
Collaros won't stay healthy forever, but he only needs to for a few games.

Last edited:

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
I'm a lapsed Bomber fan and STH, in part because I haven't seen a quarterback like Collaros in our system in 15 years. So, I am paying attention again and even contemplating purchasing season tickets for 2020 now, on a hunch that the best seats will be less available in a month.
Collaros won't stay healthy forever, but he only needs to for a few games.
Collaros won’t be with the Bombers next year. I’m sure they’ll resign Nichols, even if his arm is questionable.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
Collaros won’t be with the Bombers next year. I’m sure they’ll resign Nichols, even if his arm is questionable.
That would be foolish, IMO.
Your prediction is possible, maybe even probable, but it depends entirely on whether Collaros plays to his potential for the next 3 games.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Well Evens is already signed through next year in Hamilton and Masoli is a free agent. So Masoli will not be returning to Hamilton unless he wants to be a back up.
Not true. Masoli can still return to Hamilton to be their starter and Evans returns to backup for one more season. Or Hamilton trades Evans which would be the smart move...perhaps to Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad