2019 WHL Bantam Draft

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
I follow MB rural hockey and based on last weekend's preseason tournament, this isn't a strong year for 04's with a few better kids going to CSSHL. Geekie was the only one that stood out and he still needs to work a bit on his speed, but I didn't see Mateychuk who is easily missed in a very deep Eastman team.

I really like Mateychuk and Geekie's game. They could be 1,2 in Manitoba. What have you seen of Spencer Penner seems to be having some success? Also any good rural goalies???

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Kyren Gronick is the best 04 in Saskatchewan with Nolan Flamand just behind, both should be 1sts imo. Tyrus Flory is a great PWF as well as Briltz+Sundholm. Some good dmen in Newman, McCutcheon, Korchinski, Grill, Mortensen and Fouquette. 05's are looking better but still a good class.

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
Kyren Gronick is the best 04 in Saskatchewan with Nolan Flamand just behind, both should be 1sts imo. Tyrus Flory is a great PWF as well as Briltz+Sundholm. Some good dmen in Newman, McCutcheon, Korchinski, Grill, Mortensen and Fouquette. 05's are looking better but still a good class.

Sask may have some dark horses in the first round. I've only heard of a few of those guys.

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
Gronick and Flamand are the only 2 of who I listed I'd expect to be 1st rounders. There's one more that could be on yorkton midget AAA but I haven't seen him yet.

I keep forgetting there’s only 22 teams. “First round” is a hard thing to achieve I don’t care how shallow a draft year is.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Any word why WEHP is shutting down?

Edit: looks like Tyler took his tweets down. Maybe he was just having a bad day.

Last edited:

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018

Edit: looks like Tyler took his tweets down. Maybe he was just having a bad day.
He certainly seems much more edgey than previous years. But I bet with his gaining popularity and the effect of social media some parents can just be relentless on him

Reactions: Big Ben Healy

WHLINDEPENDANT

Oct 24, 2018

He also said that he will no longer be doing the points play by play at the tournaments because he got wrong player and points at the hockey hounds tourn. I think he was hacked? Both tweets taken down. As for his list I guess it changes a lot. Kids on there one week and off the next. Not consistent. And how does it change weekly anyhow? I think he got some slack for that?

Last edited:

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
Also, when will the list of accepted teams be ready for the John Reid?

That's what i've been following... wish one of the BC ZONE teams went in. I think the flames in ambhl are one of the teams that might go in if they aren't already confirmed

Reactions: bawkbawk

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
OHA EDM.......they've won everything this year so far.

Loved Koehn Ziemmer's game last year at PAC. Keeping it going for OHA.

And I'm a Fort Sask supporter.

Division are:

Bisons
Delta
Lloyd
RHA

BWC
LA
St Albert
Yale

Flames
Rangers
OHA Edm
WVA

ND Hounds
PHX
Rebels
St.George's

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
I agree on Ziemmer and OHAE.
Depends on what team needs but I don’t expect KZ to get past 3rd pick.

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
Who’s the next best guy in the draft after Savoie? By the looks of it the Broncos pick is gonna be at least top 3 so the Cougars are gonna get someone very good.

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
Who’s the next best guy in the draft after Savoie? By the looks of it the Broncos pick is gonna be at least top 3 so the Cougars are gonna get someone very good.

If you need a Dman it’s Dowhaniuk. Forward - Ziemmer. And Goalie- well they don’t take them that high so that won’t matter lol

Beauty of it is Ziemmer and Dowhaniuk on same team. OHAE

Reactions: Hockey Fan in PG

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
If you need a Dman it’s Dowhaniuk. Forward - Ziemmer. And Goalie- well they don’t take them that high so that won’t matter lol

Beauty of it is Ziemmer and Dowhaniuk on same team. OHAE
Could you imagine? We could probably use a D man with Lakusta graduating after this year. Savoie is still the dream though.

Scout04

Nov 25, 2018
Shattuck- St. Mary's Bantam prep team is loaded with Western U.S talent. They have 8 WHL prospects rostered, including top 04 prospects Ferraz from AZ and Yu from CA, playing a tough schedule and already qualified to the U.S. Nationals.

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
Shattuck- St. Mary's Bantam prep team is loaded with Western U.S talent. They have 8 WHL prospects rostered, including top 04 prospects Ferraz from AZ and Yu from CA, playing a tough schedule and already qualified to the U.S. Nationals.

I agree. They are loaded. I know they had a slower start with the studs adjusting to a full line up and having to share important minutes.

Hockey Fan in PG

Jul 6, 2018
From what I've heard Savoie wont go to PG and if they get the 1st pick it'll be traded. Would get a boatload of talent to move down just a couple spots though.
Where did you hear that? I haven’t seen anything about Savoie already making decisions on where he wants to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad