2019 WHL Bantam Draft

WHLINDEPENDANT

Oct 24, 2018
WEHP and Draft Geek have some good things to offer. Wehp provides more content and DG provides better less often content. Scouting news is a **** show. I believe wehp gets most of his stuff from parents (which can be valid info) and DG from scouts. Hence the less often.
Well.....getting info from parents is a bit of a joke actually. So no thanks. Parents have no clue and are usually brainwashed. I do like DG from what I have seen. WEHP seems to have a lot of people blocked on twitter not sure why. As far as Scouting News why is it a shitshow? I mostly see his stuff on twitter and it does bios on a lot of kids you don't usually hear about. I don't think he writes out a list though.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
1. DG
2. Scouting News
3. WEHP

WEHP seems to be more about quantity than quality. DG is connected to some legit scouts but still have some inexperienced staff imo. From his recent published content, it's obvious WEHP attends only big tournaments and isn't at league games.

Scout04

Nov 25, 2018
Top Western U.S Hockey players:

Anthony Yu (Los Angeles/Shattuck St. Mary's)
Ty Dysart (San Jose Sharks)
Jason Stefanek (Anaheim Ducks)
Anthony Bustamante (Anaheim Ducks)
Cameron Ferraz (Phoenix/Shattuck St. Mary's)
Michael Karvellas (Los Angeles Kings)
Michael Valdez (Colorado Thunderbirds)

lfunk

Apr 9, 2018
1. DG
2. Scouting News
3. WEHP

WEHP seems to be more about quantity than quality. DG is connected to some legit scouts but still have some inexperienced staff imo. From his recent published content, it's obvious WEHP attends only big tournaments and isn't at league games.

What about Neutral Zone? I've read some Scouting News bios that seem written by parents with wording directed to scouts rather than by them.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
What about Neutral Zone? I've read some Scouting News bios that seem written by parents with wording directed to scouts rather than by them.

I haven't checked any of their material out yet. I'm waiting until after KIBIHT tournament to see what they have to say. These subscription costs are crazy lol

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
WEHP and Draft Geek have some good things to offer. Wehp provides more content and DG provides better less often content. Scouting news is a **** show. I believe wehp gets most of his stuff from parents (which can be valid info) and DG from scouts. Hence the less often.
Are any of them free

MasterMatt25

Nov 19, 2014
Montreal
Top Western U.S Hockey players:

Anthony Yu (Los Angeles/Shattuck St. Mary's)
Ty Dysart (San Jose Sharks)
Jason Stefanek (Anaheim Ducks)
Anthony Bustamante (Anaheim Ducks)
Cameron Ferraz (Phoenix/Shattuck St. Mary's)
Michael Karvellas (Los Angeles Kings)
Michael Valdez (Colorado Thunderbirds)
Isn't it Russell Bustamante?

WHLINDEPENDANT

Oct 24, 2018
Scouting News sends out questionnaires to kids to fill out so those ARE written by kids (or their parents) but sometimes he has podcasts on individual kids that are actually pretty good and it seems like he has really watched the kids he does podcasts on.

McChucky

TOPPEP
Jul 15, 2007
YEG
Well.....getting info from parents is a bit of a joke actually. So no thanks. Parents have no clue and are usually brainwashed. I do like DG from what I have seen. WEHP seems to have a lot of people blocked on twitter not sure why. As far as Scouting News why is it a ****show? I mostly see his stuff on twitter and it does bios on a lot of kids you don't usually hear about. I don't think he writes out a list though.
Nah he just charges you to read past the first two sentences....all pay based.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
Wheat Kings look dead in the water. Do you they move Mettheos? If so, do they get another first rounder to make it 4 first rounders this year or do they add for next years draft?

Capitals03

Nov 29, 2011
Signs of it getting closer. Trade deadline and mock drafts

Mid Season WHL Mock Draft - DraftGeek
You can see this is not a strong year for 04's I mean very few Def will go in 1st and 2nd round. The CSSHL Bantam is not as strong as the past 3 years. You have 1 Very good player (F) 04 then it drops off quickly. 7 Def went in the top 22last year.
This year looking at the DG Mock Draft 3 or 4 maybe. If you want to see a better look, for your son . if he a forward or Def,goalie. Look who the team draft in the past 2 drafts and who signed. If a team drafted and signed 3 goalies in the past 2 years, most likely they will take a goalie after round 6. 02 was not a great year, Not like the 97/98 year. 05 will be a good year.
You will see alot of trades by this time next year with overagers.
If a team signed 4 or 5 Def draft picks in the past 2 years, same applies. They will go for Forwards.
They will grab a Def, but after 6th round. Also the location of the city does make a difference, mostly on the East side of the WHL. Even thou it was a good draft in 18 for USA players, very few drafted and less will sign with Eastern WHL teams.

Players will start getting calls and emails ( questions) more after St Albert. But each team has a list of players, They will go to St Albert and have 2 or 3 Scouts watch their list. Good luck in 2019 and keep your options open. Have your kids practice answering questions. Teams are looking the moment they get off the bus to the time they get back on.

Labrador

Aug 4, 2017
Does anyone know if the John Reid in St. Albert will be broadcast? Hockey TV or another broadcast platform?

Labrador

Aug 4, 2017
And who are the top prospects at JR? And who are the sleepers (Prospects) that may surprise?

howbowdat

Aug 8, 2018
And who are the top prospects at JR? And who are the sleepers (Prospects) that may surprise?

Look for Ziemmer to be the guy

Not really a sleeper but look for Lindgren (BWC) to close gap on Dowhaniuk and Mateychuk

lfunk

Apr 9, 2018
WPG AAA B1 All-Star game is this Saturday if you want to get to know most of MB potential draft picks;
AAA Hockey All-star game information
Take with a grain of salt (last year's top rural MB draft pick wasn't even a 2018 all-star)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad