OT: 2019 Vancouver Whitecaps

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Whitecaps allow Calvary to score 2 goals at home.

Lol.

Adnan absoutely sucks. Just mailed it in for this season after the contract.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Southsiders crapping on the WhiteCraps lol

Cannot wait for the eventual demise of this MLS franchise. Hope a new owner forms the CPL Whitecaps. No Kerfoot, Nash or Mallet. No Bobby....

Feb 24, 2017
Forget "White is the color....". New Whitecaps new theme song:

Pretty much. Like how can you come off of a record setting transfer(am I wrong that Davies was a record sale from mls?) and be this bad, in a city like Vancouver? It’s just unacceptable.

I personally hate the fact Vancouver is even an mls city. What rank would this league be world wide? 10? 15?

Reactions: Hit the post

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Why? I want an MLS franchise with proper ownership/management. Going to the CPL would kill all interest. It'd be like the CSL days except that Vancouver would no longer be the best team.

No ownership group is going to buy the team with the intent of keeping it here. The team is losing value now and this has only begun. Damage has been done....Its worth more to buy this crappy franchise and relocate it.

MLS could have worked here. Looked good from 2012 to 2016 or so. Been a steady decline to hell now...

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
No ownership group is going to buy the team with the intent of keeping it here. The team is losing value now and this has only begun. Damage has been done....Its worth more to buy this crappy franchise and relocate it.

MLS could have worked here. Looked good from 2012 to 2016 or so. Been a steady decline to hell now...

It's the same in Montreal.

forget

Jul 6, 2019
What was the fan reaction like at the game? I didn’t watch since it wasn’t on TV.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
I’ve really noticed a drop in play from Ali Adnan and suspiciously after he signed to stay. He was pretty good up until that time. Pretty sure that’s why they wanted to keep him. But he’s tailed off quite a bit.

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
Hard for the Whitecaps to move, as MLS would rather expand and collect franchise fees.

Still an abomination of a team.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Hard for the Whitecaps to move, as MLS would rather expand and collect franchise fees.

Still an abomination of a team.
They have enough target cities on the waitlist to meet their stated goal of 28 or 30 or whatever it is. It’s been speculated – and I think rightfully so – that Garber would never have allowed VAN/MTL in if he knew what kind of leap his league was about to take. Plus the Columbus Crew are in the process of moving as we speak (they eventually settled on a Cleveland Browns solution of expanding back to Columbus, but it took some time).

I think the league would be more than happy for the Caps to end up in Phoenix or Sacramento.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Southsiders crapping on the WhiteCraps lol

Cannot wait for the eventual demise of this MLS franchise. Hope a new owner forms the CPL Whitecaps. No Kerfoot, Nash or Mallet. No Bobby....

If they think the CPL is an option after MLS they will lose me as a supporter for ever. I want a good MLS team, not one playing in a has been league.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Embarrassing franchise. Needs new ownership and a new front office, asap. Aquilini needs to step in here and make an investment.

Reactions: MS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad