OT: 2019 Vancouver Whitecaps

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Unless the Whitecaps actually address the sexual assault issue with a real apology and steps to actually prevent it from ever happening, good luck getting my feet into the door.

I have cancelled season tickets, donated jerseys away, and flat out refuse to put it on TV.

The product on the field, I would not mind at all, if the organisation actually had leadership that actually has a spine

All in all, it's pretty difficult to get behind this organization now. I wonder what's happening with the Southsiders.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Yep. I haven't been paying attention to the Whitecaps for a few years.

I have searched for it it now though. Not good.

The sexual assault rumors go back to the early 00's. That's not even including the other rumored mishaps following this franchise. There are allegations about racist scouts and coaches working with this team (1 in particular was mentioned in the media).

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
I got a better chance of scoring this weekend night and I'm fat, old, poor, have no car and live with my parents.:sarcasm:

Hope you went out on Saturday!

Less fans at games the better. **** these owners.

As someone who believes in supporting their team through thick and thin, I have to agree with this.

Went to a game this year only because I happened to be in the city the day of a game. But I wont be going from here on out as long as managment keeps doing what they are doing. We as fans need to send a message and I hope they get Chivas USA attendance numbers if it means the owners will take the hint.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hit the post

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
If they do no have the funds or wish not to fund the team properly they should sell it to Canucks Sports and Entertainment. there is so much potential with the Whitecaps in Vancouver, they can be almost as big as the Canucks if they had some world class players.

We had this discussion in another thread awhile back, but as bad an NHL owner as Aquilini is ... his deep pockets, impatience and win-now attitude, and desire for big names would play incredibly well in MLS. Would actually be pleased if he bought the team.

Reactions: clunk and Red

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
We had this discussion in another thread awhile back, but as bad an NHL owner as Aquilini is ... his deep pockets, impatience and win-now attitude, and desire for big names would play incredibly well in MLS. Would actually be pleased if he bought the team.

We'd become the Serie A Retirement Club and I'd be down for that.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
I’ve been saying this for a number of years. A league where patience does nothing and the draft is meaningless – it’s perfect.

All that said, it’s not entirely the owners’ cheapness that’s the issue (they used to be above the mean for spending in MLS, for example), but they have no real scouting network and used to just rely on Robinson’s personal connections to find players (hence the BASE controversy). They could spend every last dime of Davies’ transfer fee but I don’t expect they’d be getting the best player(s) they could.

Reactions: MS

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I love soccer and refuse to support any other North American team except the local team but Jesus, they are just making it just so difficult this year. What an absolute mess that front office is. The culture is rotten from the top down.
We need a proper GRASS field. Soccer is terrible to watch when played on turf. I think we could attract better players here too, if we had natural grass.

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Whitecaps are like a hard core Alcoholic in that they are needing to hit Rock Bottom before they see the light and start spending on quality name players and try to appease the dedicated frustrated Fan Base.

This is Rock Bottom Right?

Reactions: Red

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Rock bottom would be losing the team to the handful of American markets apparently frothing at the mouth to be part of this league

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Rock bottom would be losing the team to the handful of American markets apparently frothing at the mouth to be part of this league

The popularity and demand for MLS soccer is increasing by the truck load every year. And the 'Caps could be in danger of becoming this generations Grizzlies they way things are going.

We need a proper GRASS field. Soccer is terrible to watch when played on turf. I think we could attract better players here too, if we had natural grass.

Not as bad as it used to be with the NASL. Watch highlight of Vancouver '79 championship and holy crap it looked like and enlarged indoor soccer arena.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The popularity and demand for MLS soccer is increasing by the truck load every year. And the 'Caps could be in danger of becoming this generations Grizzlies they way things are going.

Not as bad as it used to be with the NASL. Watch highlight of Vancouver '79 championship and holy crap it looked like and enlarged indoor soccer arena.
I went to lots of the old Whitecaps games at old Empire. If we sat to low down we couldn’t see the other side of the field, it was so humped for drainage.
Still like our team, but really wish we played on grass. Like when the 86ers played at Swanguard.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Whitecaps are one of those 'afterthought' MLS franchises. In fact if they had a Premiership Division, Whitecaps would probably be relegated back to the First Division like they do in England. Teams in major markets will dominate in the years ahead, much like the glamour clubs do in Europe year after year.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Whitecaps are one of those 'afterthought' MLS franchises. In fact if they had a Premiership Division, Whitecaps would probably be relegated back to the First Division like they do in England. Teams in major markets will dominate in the years ahead, much like the glamour clubs do in Europe year after year.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I went to lots of the old Whitecaps games at old Empire. If we sat to low down we couldn’t see the other side of the field, it was so humped for drainage.
Still like our team, but really wish we played on grass. Like when the 86ers played at Swanguard.
And you aren’t even mentioning just how bad the AstroTurf was at Empire. Not far off concrete. No wonder the legendary Rudi Krol only played a season here. I’m surprised he didn’t quit earlier having to play on that surface.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The sexual assault rumors go back to the early 00's. That's not even including the other rumored mishaps following this franchise. There are allegations about racist scouts and coaches working with this team (1 in particular was mentioned in the media).

I was gonna post exactly this. We’ve heard a couple of the stories but there are many others being talked about amongst people closer to the team. Whitecaps junior team hazing .... boys quitting after being hazed in their underwear , the Ciara McCormack thing, a bunch else. Lenerduzzi still has a job tho. The true Teflon Don.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad