OT: 2019 Vancouver Whitecaps

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He’s kind of a poor man’s Linden except he’s from here.

I can only guess he’s in a executive position because ownership is too cheap to hire a qualified manager.

Being too cheap is why they hired Marc Dos Santos.

Could have brought in Bob Bradley after he was sacked by Swansea, but ownership being too cheap, and Lenarduzzi not wanting to be outsmarted, is why we were stuck with Robinson, and now MDS.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hit the post

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I feel like the Lions, Whitecaps and Canucks have a little tank challenge going on among themselves.

It'll be fun to see which one of them prevails (finishes lowest in the standings of their league) in the end.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
17880 announced yesterday. Lots of empty seats seen in the highlights. Guessing actual number was 14k. A lot of Season Ticket Holders arent going...

We will very much be approaching Chivas level soon.

I am hoping the owners keep this up and the MLS outright forces them to sell the team.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
In our last 4 MLS games, we've been outshot 116 to 30.

116 shots to f***ing 30. In 4 games.

The Whitecaps had all the potential to solidify a solid place in this city's sports scene, and pathetic ownership has completely shit the bed. Less fans at games the better. f*** these owners.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
In our last 4 MLS games, we've been outshot 116 to 30.

116 shots to ****ing 30. In 4 games.

The Whitecaps had all the potential to solidify a solid place in this city's sports scene, and pathetic ownership has completely **** the bed. Less fans at games the better. **** these owners.
Does Melynk have a long lost brother? I'm guessing he owns the Whitecaps.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Does Melynk have a long lost brother? I'm guessing he owns the Whitecaps.

Essentially we have 4 CEOS as owners.

Luczo has no connection to this city. Probably not keeping tabs on the MLS and more so waiting to cash out of his initial investment.

Mallett and Kerfoot seem like guys that have a personal connection to this city but in way over their heads as football club owners. Mallett just doesn't have the funds or sway to do anything. Kerfoot took over the Whitecaps franchise for peanuts in 02 and is probably stuck in the mindset that homegrown players and proper development can compete in todays MLS league. Kerfoot is a recluse.

Steve Nash.

We have too many chefs in the kitchen.

Reactions: Hit the post

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
I was at the game last night.

It was puzzling. I've never seen a team be so static. At one point in the second half Adnan had the ball deep in the Caps end, was being pressured and looking for an outlet, and nobody was moving. He shouted "Come on" and slammed the ball about thirty rows up into the stands (his shout may have been directed at Montero specifically, but it was impossible to be certain). On another occasion a Cap was taking a free kick in midfield and just threw his hands up in frustration, because everyone was marked and standing perfectly still.

Commentators refer to the Whitecaps' difficulties stringing passes together. Those difficulties have more to do with the players without the ball than with.

Inboeom seems to be the only player who has retained what gets taught to ten-year-olds, which is that you're supposed to move after you make a pass.

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
17880 announced yesterday. Lots of empty seats seen in the highlights. Guessing actual number was 14k. A lot of Season Ticket Holders arent going...

We will very much be approaching Chivas level soon.

I am hoping the owners keep this up and the MLS outright forces them to sell the team.

Vegas and St. Louis both want teams, and Austin FC isn't joining the league until 2021. Selling very well could mean relocation to one of the three cities above. Unless, of course, Aquilini buys them. And if that's the case, Lenarduzzi isn't going anywhere. Though it could mean increased spending and a demand to win, which would at least put Bobby under the gun.

Last edited:

Rocko604

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Watching Atlanta United matches is straight up depressing. Not only is their team better, their atmosphere worlds better than ours, their curtaining of the upper deck is even in another universe. God damn I envy them. They also have Frank De Boer. Yet another coach who would never come to Vancouver because a) Ownership is too cheap and b) He's smarter than Lenarduzzi, so that automatically makes him ineligible.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Heard some news. No surprise but MDS may not last if Vancouver loses to Calgary.
Montero definitely not returning. Options being explored for Ardaiz. Sounds like the plan is to push the Home Grown players down the stretch. Whitecaps very high on the Canadians (Bair, Henry, Colyn, Baldisimo, Cornelius and Teibert).

It actually seems like we could shed more salary this season. It's been constant the past 3 seasons.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
Heard some news. No surprise but MDS may not last if Vancouver loses to Calgary.
Montero definitely not returning. Options being explored for Ardaiz. Sounds like the plan is to push the Home Grown players down the stretch. Whitecaps very high on the Canadians (Bair, Henry, Colyn, Baldisimo, Cornelius and Teibert).

It actually seems like we could shed more salary this season. It's been constant the past 3 seasons.

If MDS gets fired, one has to wonder just how many coaches Lenarduzzi will be allowed to fire before he gets the boot.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Bob Lenarduzzi is the unquestioned and unchallenged and term-less king of semi pro and professional soccer in Vancouver.

Because reasons?
Indeed. It's a little unfair to just laser focus on the current situation when his monarchy is a lifetime position.

Sure he might be having a bad decade but we ought to in fairness be looking at the lifetime body of work.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Honestly, I wasn't proud to stop my season ticket with the Whitecaps after they fired Robinson last year. They wouldn't even refund me my first payment for this year's season tickets (they had fired him after the renewal deadline). I asked if I could at least get a game with those funds and they shut me down.

Now I'm just glad I don't have to witness this mess that has come to the team and instead a happy Canucks season ticket holder! The Canucks have much better perks for their season ticket holders and really treats them well for their membership.

The Whitecaps really messed it up to not take advantage of drawing more fans when the general sports scene in Vancouver was at a lull.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Unless the Whitecaps actually address the sexual assault issue with a real apology and steps to actually prevent it from ever happening, good luck getting my feet into the door.

I have cancelled season tickets, donated jerseys away, and flat out refuse to put it on TV.

The product on the field, I would not mind at all, if the organisation actually had leadership that actually has a spine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad