Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
But no to Gardiner.

tumblr_pqg0kfq4oy1xkok61o1_250.gif

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
But he's Canadian.

He is dual. But i guess it doesnt really matter. Hopefully they can get Gaudreau and Matthews. Then Hughes and somebody. I dont see Pacioretty or Stastny coming after tough loss. Schmidt should come. It would be his first time with Team USA.

Reactions: Thedogo

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
don't count Stastny out, seems like a guy who would come over to Europe to play, he has a few times before..we just don't have his bro to help lure him here though lol..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I think Hanifin and Gaudreau both will come...outside of that, I have very little hope in any of the other big names outside of Stastny..Matthews would be a pipe dream, game 7 loss can either devastate a guy or piss him off to want to play more hockey - we will see.

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
don't count Stastny out, seems like a guy who would come over to Europe to play, he has a few times before..we just don't have his bro to help lure him here though lol..

Come on he's double dual. Born in Canada to a Canadian citizen from Czechoslovakia.

OKOptimistic

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
So are we gonna leave room for Baby Hughes? If Stastny comes then Hughes might have to be a winger. But Stastny is underrated and would be great, enjoyed watching him play thoroughly during the 2010 Olympics.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
So are we gonna leave room for Baby Hughes? If Stastny comes then Hughes might have to be a winger. But Stastny is underrated and would be great, enjoyed watching him play thoroughly during the 2010 Olympics.

I think Hughes play as a winger if he comes. Specially if Matthews or Stastny is coming.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Well I am not exactly sure if it was the U18 category, but he played in some junior tournament
I have just found a slovak article about him saying that he would love to play at this years WC (released in February)
I figured he would be excited about possibly coming, hopefully healthy enough to do so..I just never heard of him representing any other country but the US- I thought he could only represent the US or Canada...

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I figured he would be excited about possibly coming, hopefully healthy enough to do so..I just never heard of him representing any other country but the US- I thought he could only represent the US or Canada...

I believe he represented Slovakia in a non-IIHF sanctioned event prior to representing the U.S. at the Viking Cup in 2005.

Reactions: AmericanDream

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Schmidt would be a huge addition if he accepts, he would be just what this team needs from the backend.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Suter Carlson 1st. pairing??? That would be impressive. As somebody who attended 3 of these tournaments in Europe, including a Team Canada gold medal '07 Moscow, I would advise my American cousins, if you have the time and resources to go this year, you should do it. or regret it for the rest of your Team USA fandom days.

It looks to be the makings of a special team that could pull off a gold medal here.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Suter Carlson 1st. pairing??? That would be impressive. As somebody who attended 3 of these tournaments in Europe, including a Team Canada gold medal '07 Moscow, I would advise my American cousins, if you have the time and resources to go this year, you should do it. or regret it for the rest of your Team USA fandom days.

It looks to be the makings of a special team that could pull off a gold medal here.

Carlson has never played here, I doubt this is about to change. I like American chances but Russia gonna be favourite for sure with the team they have.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Carlson has never played here, I doubt this is about to change. I like American chances but Russia gonna be favourite for sure with the team they have.

Yeah but many times he has been least in second round. When Caps missed playoffs it was olympic year. You can't forget that goal against Canada in World Juniors. I think this is first real test if he cares enough to come. I think we get both Carlson and Schmidt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad