WC: 2019 US Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I would say Matt is gonna be out with him not having a contract. Unless he gets signed to one in the next week or two that is basically a lock for a player to turn the tournament down.
true, but we have a few RFA players that came this year and last year...Colin White current RFA, Blake Coleman last year...I am not holding my breath for either Tkachuk, but you never know..

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
true, but we have a few RFA players that came this year and last year...Colin White current RFA, Blake Coleman last year...I am not holding my breath for either Tkachuk, but you never know..
Stakes are a fair bit different with Blake Coleman and Colin White and a top player like Tkachuk that is looking at cashing in 50+ million. I don't doubt he probably wants to go but his agent will be locking him in his office before he gets on a plane to Europe with his gear.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Stakes are a fair bit different with Blake Coleman and Colin White and a top player like Tkachuk that is looking at cashing in 50+ million. I don't doubt he probably wants to go but his agent will be locking him in his office before he gets on a plane to Europe with his gear.
I mean the stakes are the same for most of these guys, being a RFA doesn't prevent players that want to come..sure one guy might make more than the other, but it really is up to the player for him to come. I get that Tkachuk is in line for a big contract but those other guys are making millions as well, not chump change..doubt agents really say much on going outside of you could get hurt which every player contract or not has to deal with..

Reactions: CheckingLineCenter

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Is this our greatest ever wc roster on paper?

Sorry meant to respond to this earlier. The 2009 team that competed in Switzerland was a lot of fun, as a lot of guys used it to get brownie points for their Olympic case. Backes, Pavelski, Suter, JJ, Dustin Brown. I believe we had Esche and Montoya in net, not 100% tho.

What channel was this on in the US again? NBC Universal Sports? Or Olympic sports? Somebody please help me, it's going to bother me all day lmao.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Sorry meant to respond to this earlier. The 2009 team that competed in Switzerland was a lot of fun, as a lot of guys used it to get brownie points for their Olympic case. Backes, Pavelski, Suter, JJ, Dustin Brown. I believe we had Esche and Montoya in net, not 100% tho.

What channel was this on in the US again? NBC Universal Sports? Or Olympic sports? Somebody please help me, it's going to bother me all day lmao.
NHL Network will have all the US games..

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Gaudreau seems like Kane- they just love to play hockey. I think he needs to let frustration die down a bit before announcing he is coming, really didn't have a strong playoffs so take time, smart to not announce anything yet and just let his name be added when final roster gets announced.

Reactions: William H Bonney

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I bet we get TvR if the Canes go down.
would gladly take any of of Slavin, Pesce or Faulk..Slavin doesn't seem like someone enamored with USA Hockey though- did play for our WJC team...but one or two of those would make this team a Gold favorite.

Roslovic, Gaudreau, Hanifin, Pesce/Faulk/Salvin would be an ideal 4 adds for me...bring Fox in at that point to fill out the defense..

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Chris Drury has certainly done an amazing job of getting top flight players on board, but he's also not rushing to fill out crucial roster spots with college kids or plugs like USAH has done in nearly every previous year. What a breath of fresh air. Typically there's multiple guys of those types on the initial roster, but Drury has so much flexibility to target all the best players right now because he didn't go overboard early.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Chris Drury has certainly done an amazing job of getting top flight players on board, but he's also not rushing to fill out crucial roster spots with college kids or plugs like USAH has done in nearly every previous year. What a breath of fresh air. Typically there's multiple guys of those types on the initial roster, but Drury has so much flexibility to target all the best players right now because he didn't go overboard early.
Agreed, Drury has done a great job this year.

He likely asked Gaudette if he was willing to play and the kid said yes..but Drury also probably said we will let you know once others give us answers as well...it is what most of us have been begging for, not to rush names, give our guys some time to make up their mind but be prepared and have the kids ready on standby..that is no insult to them, just the reality of the situation when you have to wait for playoffs to get over in round 1. we likely have a few other kids that said they would come and will announce them or hopefully we can snag a Hanifin, Tyler Johnson, Johnny Hockey etc... still can add a player or two after the second round as well - we have seen that happen before. But so far Drury needs to be this teams GM moving forward lol..

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Least we heard something about Flames guys. Pretty much nothing from Pittsburgh, Tampa or Winnipeg. Wheeler declined but otherwise it has been really quiet.

Last edited:

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Gaudreau seems like Kane- they just love to play hockey. I think he needs to let frustration die down a bit before announcing he is coming, really didn't have a strong playoffs so take time, smart to not announce anything yet and just let his name be added when final roster gets announced.
Yeah similar to two years ago when they got swept by Anaheim - he just wanted to keep playing hockey. I would think he's in.

Reactions: Retroglyphs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad