WC: 2019 US Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
What happened to Johnny? Honestly I misssed that, I just hope it’s not that serious.

We should hope that Germany is in full force tomorrow, at least we can see what our shape is right now? Werenski is really weird, he will come for just one match in round robin and then will play medal rounds rusty? Not good.

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
Germany was terrible against GB and now their real level is shown against Canada. QF spot hopefully earned tomorrow.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
They have big respect to them and probably know 4th place in group is there ceiling. They will maybe try to surprise Finland though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
What happened to Johnny? Honestly I misssed that, I just hope it’s not that serious.

We should hope that Germany is in full force tomorrow, at least we can see what our shape is right now? Werenski is really weird, he will come for just one match in round robin and then will play medal rounds rusty? Not good.
Johnny is expected by next game, Blashill game him a maintenance day off - did get banged up but nothing serious, so him, Werenski and Kunin all ready to roll by tomorrow..

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado

He took an awkward fall into the boards against Great Britain in the first period and tweaked his leg. I think he took a couple of shifts afterward and then left the game. They said during today's broadcast it was a "maintenance" day, so we'll see if he's able to go against Germany. Unless missing today's game (after 2 1/2 days of rest) was to guarantee his availability tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit tomorrow to give him 5 1/2 days off to recover before the Canada game. Especially since Kunin will be arrive in time for tomorrow's game.

Germany was terrible against GB and now their real level is shown against Canada. QF spot hopefully earned tomorrow.

Germany indeed hasn't played any quality teams but we need to come out tomorrow like our QF berth is on the line and wrap it up. We should beat Germany with ease, but that was also true of our game against Slovakia, and our no show there cost us the front runner position for the #1 seed in our group.

Johnny is expected by next game, Blashill game him a maintenance day off - did get banged up but nothing serious, so him, Werenski and Kunin all ready to roll by tomorrow..

Werenski won't be there in time for the Germany game.
Team USA’s roster will be bolstered over the weekend with the arrival later today (but not in time for today’s game) of forward Luke Kunin from the Minnesota Wild. Tomorrow (but not in time for its game vs. Germany), defenseman Zach Werenski from the Columbus Blue Jackets is expected to arrive in Kosice.

The oddest roster addition continues to one up itself.

Last edited:

NitroF

Feb 6, 2006
Gold medal on the line, which keeper do you want to defend the US net: Schneider or Demko?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He took an awkward fall into the boards against Great Britain in the first period and tweaked his leg. I think he took a couple of shifts afterward and then left the game. They said during today's broadcast it was a "maintenance" day, so we'll see if he's able to go against Germany. Unless missing today's game (after 2 1/2 days of rest) was to guarantee his availability tomorrow, I wouldn't be surprised to see him sit tomorrow to give him 5 1/2 days off to recover before the Canada game. Especially since Kunin will be arrive in time for tomorrow's game.

Germany indeed hasn't played any quality teams but we need to come out tomorrow like our QF berth is on the line and wrap it up. We should beat Germany with ease, but that was also true of our game against Slovakia, and our no show there cost us the front runner position for the #1 seed in our group.

Werenski won't be there in time for the Germany game.

The oddest roster addition continues to one up itself.
lol, yep, makes zero sense at this point..I mean he might fly out here to play 2 games if we get bounced in the QF..he definitely needs a game or two just to get the blood flowing again let alone being comfortable with his teammates.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
lol, yep, makes zero sense at this point..I mean he might fly out here to play 2 games if we get bounced in the QF..he definitely needs a game or two just to get the blood flowing again let alone being comfortable with his teammates.
I guess they have no tools to force him to come asap, he would not even come next years after that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->