GDT: 2019 UFA Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
I mentioned earlier I dont believe Gusev will want to sign for longer than 2 or 3 years.

That way he gets some guaranteed millions now, and can cash in on a massive long-term contract under the new, higher, salary-cap. That would be my strategy were I his agent.

I agree. Don't think he's looking for anything more than 2-3 years. I believe that is the route panarin took as well

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
It's the ultimate mystery box though.

It's so difficult trying to figure out what X goals and Y assists translates from the KHL to the NHL on one hand, but on the other hand he was > ppg player in Russia.

I know all players are different, but panarin put up 62 in 54 his final year in the khl, and 40 in 51 the year prior.

Gusev had 82 in 62 this year, 62 in 54 the year prior, and 71 in 57 the year before that. Could be very promising

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I know all players are different, but panarin put up 62 in 54 his final year in the khl, and 40 in 51 the year prior.

Gusev had 82 in 62 this year, 62 in 54 the year prior, and 71 in 57 the year before that. Could be very promising

Panarin was 23 and Gusev is 26 though. Still promising, but that is s big difference.

I still think he could easily be a Jesper Bratt type player. Very similar, but right handed and I think with a better shot

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Heh...

Actually, what do we actually have to trade for him? I mean, I doubt it would be a 1st, and we don't have a 2nd next year.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lots of talent. He has good size, speed, vision, incredible hands and a great shot. This guy next to Hughes or Hischier would be sublime.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexTheDevilsFan

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Heh...

Actually, what do we actually have to trade for him? I mean, I doubt it would be a 1st, and we don't have a 2nd next year.

Honestly, I don't think that we have a ton of great, tradeable assets. Obviously Mikey is probably at the front, and that's really not going to be a ton of value. Zacha would probably be on the table depending on his new contract. Miles Wood? I'm going to be honest - depending on how much we like Gusev, I don't think next year's first is completely off the table, mainly because it may be our most valuable trade asset for a deal like this, but it would be hugely dependent on how strong we feel about him to make that deal. In a deal with us, I think that they end up having to take quantity rather than quality. Maybe they really like someone like Talvitie and he has a little more value to them than he would have to another team or something. I suppose there is a possibility that Bratt would be on the table. I think that's probably highly unlikely, but I admit a remote possibility of its existence.

They are going to get good value for him, in my opinion.

Reactions: Nubmer6

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Honestly, I don't think that we have a ton of great, tradeable assets. Obviously Mikey is probably at the front, and that's really not going to be a ton of value. Zacha would probably be on the table depending on his new contract. Miles Wood? I'm going to be honest - depending on how much we like Gusev, I don't think next year's first is completely off the table, mainly because it may be our most valuable trade asset for a deal like this, but it would be hugely dependent on how strong we feel about him to make that deal. In a deal with us, I think that they end up having to take quantity rather than quality. Maybe they really like someone like Talvitie and he has a little more value to them than he would have to another team or something. I suppose there is a possibility that Bratt would be on the table. I think that's probably highly unlikely, but I admit a remote possibility of its existence.

They are going to get good value for him, in my opinion.
If he wore number 96 instead of 97 we'd HAVE to get him... although adding #76, 86, and 96 in one year may be a sign of the apocalypse.

Reactions: Forge

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
If the Knights signed him, what is his contract? It doesn't make sense that they have his rights without actually giving a contract. What am I missing? Did they acquire his rights from Tampa who drafted him?

Last edited:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Lots of ex Winterhawks weren't tendered - saw that Leipsic and Pouliot just signed - anyone wonder if Ty Rattie is worth a 1 year deal? Always thought he was a pretty good player who would fit the system well.

Edm had him starting on a line with McDavid to start the season last year. How fast stuff changes.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
I think Tampa traded his rights during expansion draft?
Yes. I just looked up what took place. You are correct sir!
I also notice that he's not a major goal scorer, having far more assists than goals. At some point we need people that can finish.

Last edited:

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yes. I just looked up what took place. You are correct sir!
I also notice that he's not a major goal scorer, having far more assists than goals. At some point we need people that can finish.

He's like Panarin. Has a very good shot and can score, but had to be a playmaker, because of linemates. If he has someone around to get passes from, he will score some goals.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Gusev was the best player on the ice for Russia at the worlds, specifically against the Americans.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
So Vegas doesn’t have a 3rd the next draft. I’d start there and add. Of course I’d also be looking for a contract they want to dump of that’s the case with them since they might need it.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Tbh, not the type of player I would want to give up assets for. He’s an unproven NHLer apparently currently only interested in big bucks on a short term deal.

The main board has thrown around names like Bratt and Boqvist. No thanks.

Didn’t Vegas or Tampa previously tell him that they basically don’t think he’s an NHL player?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Tbh, not the type of player I would want to give up assets for. He’s an unproven NHLer apparently currently only interested in big bucks on a short term deal.

Didn’t Vegas or Tampa previously tell him that they basically don’t think he’s an NHL player?
If that’s the case and that’s out in the public.... I doubt it would be that expensive to get him.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

The main board is never right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad