GDT: 2019 UFA Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Wonder what else Vegas wants from us for Gusev if we take on Clarkson's contract too.

They aren’t in danger of hitting the offseason cap anymore so the pressure to shed themselves of that deal is gone. They may actually benefit by a few 100k keeping it and using the ltir replacement space in full.

They got about 2.4 million in space to sign Gusev, Subban and one more player (and they could just go 22 players to save cap room).

devilsfan35

Jun 15, 2015
I still think that we aren’t a contender with our defence. Gardiner on a 6x3 wouldn’t be terrible

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
No. ****ing. Way. Let's bring back Boyle and Maroon too. Screw the kids. :thumbd:

I'm just concerned that the young guys will come into camp unprepared and not deserve roster spots - like last year.
Give Anderson/Seney/etc. a reason to work their asses off and earn a spot. If they come in ready to play then its easy to just waive Brassard and toss him to the minors.

Reactions: nugg

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
And you can go up to about 89 million in the offseason. They aren’t in danger of capping out anymore, even if Marner breaks the bank.
The can go up to 89 but they have the be salary cap compliant once the season start’s they just can’t roll into the season at 89 mil and be like let’s ltir Horton now. They have to be at or under by opening day

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I thought LA would be busy today getting their team back on course, but they didnt do squat

I could still see them going after a 2nd tier free agent piece like Marcus Johansson. Their D is a mess though and there wasn't exactly a treasure trove of free agent D (or forwards for that matter). So it might be smarter for them to keep their cap space clear for the time being.

Right now they have something along the lines of:

Iafallo-Kopitar-Brown
Kempe-Carter-Toffoli
(Grundstrom/Wagner)-Prokhorkin-Kovalchuk
Clifford-(UFA/Amadio)-Lewis

Forbort-Doughty
Martinez-(UFA/Walker/Roy)
Ryan-LaDue

Quick-Campbell

Reactions: The 29th Pick

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
We definitely should try to get him here. Could give us a very potent top 6.

It's the ultimate mystery box though.

It's so difficult trying to figure out what X goals and Y assists translates from the KHL to the NHL on one hand, but on the other hand he was > ppg player in Russia.

The question becomes, WTH is he asking for? All I've seen is he wanted $2M per year more than Vegas was willing to pay, which is a massive chasm!

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto

It's so difficult trying to figure out what X goals and Y assists translates from the KHL to the NHL on one hand, but on the other hand he was > ppg player in Russia.

The question becomes, WTH is he asking for? All I've seen is he wanted $2M per year more than Vegas was willing to pay, which is a massive chasm!
Thats true, there are some unknowns, but I would have to think that type of production translates well. Might want to do shorter term to protect yourself from too much risk.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

our scouts who watched maltsev at SKA should know a little more about him. maybe maltsev can tell us about him too

we should have some insight on him, is what i'm sayin

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Thats true, there are some unknowns, but I would have to think that type of production translates well. Might want to do shorter term to protect yourself from too much risk.

I mentioned earlier I dont believe Gusev will want to sign for longer than 2 or 3 years.

That way he gets some guaranteed millions now, and can cash in on a massive long-term contract under the new, higher, salary-cap. That would be my strategy were I his agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad