GDT: 2019 UFA Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pegi

Jul 1, 2019
Gusev and "risk" being in the same sentence? Guy is mature enough at 26 to play in the NHL and has proved himself in the KHL and national team, so there ain't any risk behind signing him(as far it comes to playing the game). somebody mentioned we not having any russians on our team, well there's more europeans in the NHL than ever and in the end, he's european as well so it shouldn't be a problem either.

try to sign him for 3+ years, whatever it takes.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I will drive Wood to the airport myself.

I think Wood still has potential to be a strong player if he can find some consistency offensively. He gets plenty of shots on net that I think he'll rebound after last year.

He is probably a very valuable trade chip though, with term on his contract and a fairly low cap hit for his production.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
slightly legit concern, but he doesn't know english like at alllllllll. not saying it's necessarily a deterring factor, but we don't have any russians who could help ease his language transition in

Reactions: Darkauron

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Zacha is a good player and will only get better, plus he will be on a cheap contract which helps. He is also one of the few forwards who can give good two way play. He is an asset to this team.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
slightly legit concern, but he doesn't know english like at alllllllll. not saying it's necessarily a deterring factor, but we don't have any russians who could help ease his language transition in
I’m not sure Vegas has any Russians either ? I haven’t looked

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
devils will have sergei brylin here throughout training camp.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Zacha is a good player and will only get better, plus he will be on a cheap contract which helps. He is also one of the few forwards who can give good two way play. He is an asset to this team.

and they can probably sign him to a mid range term on cheap which could look really good in a few years.. like 4/5 year deal or something

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
4x2 is an incredible deal. Ray needs to make a move on this one imo

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

giving good two way play is vital to the success of any relationship between both parties involved

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Sign Gardiner to a short term/high aav deal, trade Vatanen (50% retained)+ for Gusev. Vegas gets a RHD to replace Miller at a cheaper cost. Devils balance out roster. Send it in Ray :sarcasm:

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
I don't know who the f this is but PLEEEEASE be right.

would be hilarious if the last gasp of the Clarkson contract is to help us land Gusev.

Hopefully it’s true but that looks like an account that makes stuff up.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Again where is the reason for Clarkson to take us off his NTC?

The only way he should accept is of the Devils could fit a team “statesman” job for him that made up the tax difference. Like the things Grant Marshall does. Or maybe get him a MSG gig for a few dollars.

Pronger worked for the league while still on LTIR so there is precedent to be paid for a non-hockey job while on LTIR.

Otherwise Clarkson shouldn’t lose out on money just to help the Devils out.

Reactions: nugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad