2019 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

puckthat

Jul 19, 2019
Its the players as well as the coaching. Wennberg and Foligno with over 3 minutes each on the power play last game is all I need to know. Neither have been good for over two years with the man advantage. And still coach runs them out there. Tex was looking good in his limited time last year. Bjork can shoot it. Cam is Cam. Jones and ZW are good at it. Heck even Savard can play the point. Don't care how coach mixes the players on the PP. They'll never be good with the first two getting the bulk of time there. What's the definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Its the players as well as the coaching. Wennberg and Foligno with over 3 minutes each on the power play last game is all I need to know. Neither have been good for over two years with the man advantage. And still coach runs them out there. Tex was looking good in his limited time last year. Bjork can shoot it. Cam is Cam. Jones and ZW are good at it. Heck even Savard can play the point. Don't care how coach mixes the players on the PP. They'll never be good with the first two getting the bulk of time there. What's the definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?
I agree . Foligno on the top line is a freakin nightmare , and Wennberg should never be given power play time . What’s the point of putting someone on the power play , who’s sole focus is to quickly pass the puck. Defenses know he’s a one trick pony and play off him knowing he’s not a threat to take the puck to the net .

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
What's the definition of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?
I just want to state for the record that I absolutely f***ing loathe this particular thought-killing cliché and I want to see it die horribly.

That's all. Carry on.

Reactions: koteka

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Oh, okay, one more thing:

I agree . Foligno on the top line is a freakin nightmare , and Wennberg should never be given power play time . What’s the point of putting someone on the power play , who’s sole focus is to quickly pass the puck. Defenses know he’s a one trick pony and play off him knowing he’s not a threat to take the puck to the net .
You have been watching how Wennberg's been playing all preseason, right? I mean, as a long-term commitment idea I can understand not having faith in him, but he's actually been playing aggressively and taking some pretty good shots.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Oh, okay, one more thing:

You have been watching how Wennberg's been playing all preseason, right? I mean, as a long-term commitment idea I can understand not having faith in him, but he's actually been playing aggressively and taking some pretty good shots.

The only way wennbergs preseason would matter to people around here is if he was sucking. Then it would be further proof he needs to go.

Until wennberg puts together two solid seasons in a row nobody will believe in him. And he’s earned that.

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
What has he got to do with anything?

EDIT: Oh. I keep forgetting folks assume that's an Einstein quote. It isn't.

albert%20einstein%20sticking%20out%20tongue_1.jpg
Yeah, well, I bet you think this is Photoshopped!

pled

Sep 7, 2009
more than ottawa :naughty:

Saving for Backstrom/Hall/Schenn next year maybe probably not

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Saving for when Jones and Werenski need new contacts is more like it. But in all reality it gives Jarmo a ton of flexibility going into the season, he usually makes his biggest deals during the season anyway. You can get a better reading of what your team needs during the season compared to the middle of the summer.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011

I would rather have less cap space because we had high end offensive players worth spending the money on...cough cough BREAD cough cough.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
quick question: I know if Bemmy were to be cut (I know he isn't getting cut) he was tied to his SHL team rather than Cleveland.

I read an article elsewhere that said it was the same deal for Lilja. Is that right? I thought Lilja could go to Cleveland and had no SHL requirement to be sent back across the pond.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Korpi finished the preseason with a .953 save percentage. Okay....okay.. I understand the operative word was "preseason".

But if any of that carries over and he gives up one goal for every 20 shots, the Blue Jackets are going to have a very good year.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Korpi finished the preseason with a .953 save percentage. Okay....okay.. I understand the operative word was "preseason".

But if any of that carries over and he gives up one goal for every 20 shots, the Blue Jackets are going to have a very good year.
And it's not even just the numbers, he looks so much more comfortable and controlled. I mean we'll see how that lasts as the seasons wears on and he fatigues but I know I was one of the ones expecting Elvis to take over the starter job at some point but the new look Korpi has been unreal. Even ended up grabbing him late in my fantasy league 2 rounds after someone took Elvis :laugh:

Reactions: The Wheelchair

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad