Speculation: 2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Things have been quiet on the Glendenning front....hope that means KH is finalizing a deal with Toronto.

Reactions: FMichael

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
There was only one guy I absolutely wanted gone and Holland has already managed to do that.

Now if he can ship out Nyquist, Howard, Green etc...Great but I'm not expecting it; Nor will I be outraged if it doesn't.

Well maybe a little on Nyquist.

Reactions: Larkin1578

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
There was only one guy I absolutely wanted gone and Holland has already managed to do that.

Now if he can ship out Nyquist, Howard, Green etc...Great but I'm not expecting it; Nor will I be outraged if it doesn't.

Well maybe a little on Nyquist.
I gave Holland credit on the Jensen deal and I'll give him more credit if he can trade Howard and Nyquist. Those two should be slam dunks. If they both stay in Detroit I'm going to be more than a bit disappointed, I'm not gonna lie.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I don’t know how to feel about Detroit having scouts on hand for Winnipeg. I get the sense that this is a Nyquist deal, and I’m not inclined to pull something off like the Jensen deal. I don’t want to take back a blocked roster player for the sake of it, and I don’t know that the Jets have any expiring contracts, nor would you need a scout to make that decision.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
I don’t know how to feel about Detroit having scouts on hand for Winnipeg. I get the sense that this is a Nyquist deal, and I’m not inclined to pull something off like the Jensen deal. I don’t want to take back a blocked roster player for the sake of it, and I don’t know that the Jets have any expiring contracts, nor would you need a scout to make that decision.

This is the second time in the last week we have had multiple scouts at a Vegas game.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Was/is Howard actually out with flu, or is it protecting against injury?

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
Anybody else just sipping coffee and browsing prospects of teams linked to Nyquist or Howard?

I havent see any solid rumors for both of them. Who is said to be interested? Seems to have been pretty quiet.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I havent see any solid rumors for both of them. Who is said to be interested? Seems to have been pretty quiet.
It's really quiet for sure. Just searched the news for Nyquist and Pittsburgh came up, so did NYI which I thought was odd but they have some nice prospects so I roll with it. I wonder about Columbus doing something crazy? Nashville seems like a fit for Nyquist also.

Howard obviously Calgary has been mentioned and I saw a STL proposal for him.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
What would it take to get Dougie Hamilton? I see he is potentially available

I don't understand why the Wings should would want him. His teams keep giving up on him....that tells you something IMO. Say the Wings were to acquire him....that would be his 4th team in 6 years. How many young players under contract play for 4 teams in 6 years? Huge red flag that his teams keep wanting to get rid of him.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
If GBJ trades Bob & if they get a 1st then they might trade for Howard. They have a few prospects but it's said they're off-limits.

WingNut

Jun 21, 2016
I don't understand why the Wings should would want him. His teams keep giving up on him....that tells you something IMO. Say the Wings were to acquire him....that would be his 4th team in 6 years. How many young players under contract play for 4 teams in 6 years? Huge red flag that his teams keep wanting to get rid of him.

Yeah huge red flag but he is really talented and maybe it will click someday for him. The guy produces everywhere. Depends on the price but I would take him and maybe he gets humbled.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
I don't think a 1st straight across is going to happen.

I think with Duchene gone to the Jackets, and Panarin (potentially) staying put, the teams who are buying will now be willing to pay more for the next tier of guys (Zuccarello, Nyquist, Simmonds, Dzingel, Hayes). There still aren't enough first rounders for all these guys, but who knows, maybe someone out there really wants to make a push, and maybe Nyquist is their preference.

I'd take a 2nd and a prospect for sure though. In my opinion Carolina is going to do something here. They havent made the playoffs in forever, and with the Jackets making their push, I'd be shocked if the Canes don't do something to try and keep pace. If I'm a fan of that team, I'm desperate for playoff hockey. We haven't made it in three 3 years now, and that feels like an eternity, so I can't imagine missing 10 straight years.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I think we could see a deal like a 1st and prospect for Nyquist and 2nd (NYI 19 or WSH 20) or 3rd depending on who the prospect and who acquiring team is (division leader vs wild card pack). Goes for Howard as well, if we can flip him to move up it would be great.

Teams are right to be hesitant to give up 1st so a pick going the other way makes sense for teams who already traded 2nd/3rd kind of picks. I like our depth and give me quality>>>quantity in the upcoming 2 drafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad