WC: 2019 - Team Russia

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
roster update

GK - Vasilevsky, Georgiev, Sorokin
D - Sergachev, Lyubushkin, Nesterov, Blazhievsky, Khafizullin, Zub, Kiselevich, Yelesin, Yakovlev, Sergeyev
F - Tkachyov, Malkin, Kucherov, Grigorenko, Anisimov, Karpizov, Kovalchuk, Andronov, Plotnikov, Mikheyev, Kadeykin, Barabanov, Telegin, Kraskovsky, Golyshev

Zaitsev, Orlov, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Dadonov, Gusev will arrive 27-29 April (Zaitsev arrive 5 May)

out - Bocharov, Konovalov, Cherepanov, Rafikov, Korshkov, Zlobin, Alekseyev, Burmistrov, Zhafyarov and Yakupov

Is this the roster for Carlson Hockey Games?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
do you think Zaitsev, Orlov, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Dadonov, Gusev will play against sweden 1 may in stockholm?
Depends on their condition and own wish. Some like playing to break the jetlag, some prefer to sleep it off.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Wow this is going to be a very interesting tournament. The last few years more high profile players have started to come and this year is the apex, but I think each year could improve until we get to Olympic level rosters.

I wonder if the NHL not sending players to the Olympics last year has been a driver of this.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
So another cuts: Artem Sergeyev, Yegor Yakovlev, Pavel Kraskovskiy, Anatoliy Golyshev and Vladimir Tkachev

Lines right now are:

Gusev - Malkin - Kucherov
Grigorenko - Anisimov - Kaprizov
Kovalchuk - Andronov - Plotnikov
Barabanov - Kadeikin - Dadonov
Telegin, Mikheyev

Sergachev - Lyubushkin
Nesterov - Blazhiyevskiy
Khafizullin - Zub
Kiselevich - Yelesin

Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Orlov will arrive on April, 30. I think, 1st (or 2nd) line is going to be Ovi - Kuzya - Dadonov.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I think Kiselevich can cut too. This players not best pick.

I think Yelesin will get cut. I assume Kadeikin and Mikheyev gets cut also. Where is Provorov?

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Dadonov
Kovalchuck - Malkin - Kucherov
Gusev - Anisimov - Kaprizov
Telegin - Andronov - Plotnikov (good checking unit)
Barabanov, Grigorenko

Sergachev - Orlov
Nesterov - Kiselevich
Lyubushkin - Zub
Blazhiyevskiy - Khafizullin

Vasilevsky, Georgiev, Sorokin

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
So another cuts: Artem Sergeyev, Yegor Yakovlev, Pavel Kraskovskiy, Anatoliy Golyshev and Vladimir Tkachev

Lines right now are:

Telegin, Mikheyev

Sergachev - Lyubushkin
Nesterov - Blazhiyevskiy
Khafizullin - Zub
Kiselevich - Yelesin

Ovechkin, Kuznetsov and Orlov will arrive on April, 30. I think, 1st (or 2nd) line is going to be Ovi - Kuzya - Dadonov.
Again, reasonable cuts. Barabanov is the only KHL winger not named Kaprizov who has a shot at the top 9 role. Grigorenko is riding Kaprizov's coattails a bit as his linemate, but he deserves to be there for his play lately. Mikheyev should be on the 4th line.

The only HUGE eff up with this roster is the coaching staff continuing the feud against all KHL teams not named (C)SKA. Shipachyov should have been a lock with our center depth and Kagarlitskiy is easily an upgrade on Barabanov and Kovalchuk right now, and I like Barabanow as I already mentioned and don't participate in the Kovalchuk-is-old-hatefest.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I think Yelesin will get cut. I assume Kadeikin and Mikheyev gets cut also. Where is Provorov?

Barabanov, Grigorenko

Sergachev - Orlov
Nesterov - Kiselevich
Lyubushkin - Zub

Management will use players with chemistry, if possible. So Ovi + Kuzya for sure. Gusev can play with Dadonov, Kaprizov or Kucherov, but Grigorenko has chemistry with Kaprizov as well, so I think, it's going to be Grigorenko - Kaprizov. So Kucherov and Dadonov to Gusev - Malkin and Ovi - Kuznetsov. Dadonov is a good supplementary player, who can score as well, and Kucherov has a history (very short, though) of playing with Malkin.

Not sure, they will find a spot for Kovy on top9, and realistically Kovy is behind Kucherov, Dadonov and Kaprizov nowadays.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Barabanov, Grigorenko

Sergachev - Orlov
Nesterov - Kiselevich
Lyubushkin - Zub

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Dadonov(Tarasenko/Radulov(but I think Radulov is injured anyway, regardless of his feuds with the coaching staff))
Gusev(Panarin) - Malkin - Kucherov
Grigorenko(Panarin) - Anisimov - Kaprizov (watch for the Panarin-Anisimov chemistry)
Telegin - Andronov - Mikheyev (that would upgrade that line and give it some actual scoring touch)

Barabanov, Kovalchuk
(Obviously Gusev over Grigorenko in case Panarin is available)

Sergachev - Provorov (hopefully) otherwise Zaytsev(you forgot him)
Zaytsev - Orlov
Nesterov(Gavrikov) - Kiselevich (Zadorov)
Khafizullin - Zub

Blazhiyevskiy, Lyubushkin

Vasilevsky, Sorokin, Georgiev

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Lines right now are:

Telegin, Mikheyev

I like these lines, and agree with you about Ovechkin's line too.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Just watch Philly deliberately stalling the contract talks... The NHL is still a cancer to the hockey world.

Well, the NHL is about to give these guys LOTS of money. What does an NHL team have from its asset, if it is off playing intensive WC hockey, where injuries may cost that asset parts of, if not the entire, next season.

And there's always that an even worse injury can take place.

Naturally, we'd love to see the best available players play, but the tournament entails danger and it's logical that teams will worry about where damage to that asset could ruin their plans.

That's all even more acute when it comes to the Olympics, but that's another story for another day.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, the NHL is about to give these guys LOTS of money. What does an NHL team have from its asset, if it is off playing intensive WC hockey, where injuries may cost that asset parts of, if not the entire, next season.

And there's always that an even worse injury can take place.

Naturally, we'd love to see the best available players play, but the tournament entails danger and it's logical that teams will worry about where damage to that asset could ruin their plans.

That's all even more acute when it comes to the Olympics, but that's another story for another day.
Every single team that has a player there pays that player a LOT of money, so your point is understood, but quite weak. No local league should be able to hurt international competition and it should be codified and binding.

Reactions: Omark

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad