WC: 2019 - Team Russia

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
The first roster for WC

goalkeeper - Alexander Georgiev (Rangers);

defenders - Artem Zub, Dinar Khafizullin, Vladislav Gavrikov (all - SKA), Artem Sergeev (“Salavat Yulaev”), Ilya Lyubushkin (“Arizona”), Yegor Yakovlev (“New Jersey”), Ivan Provorov (“Philadelphia”);

forwards - Ilya Kovalchuk (“Los Angeles”), Vladislav Namestnikov (“Rangers”), Artem Anisimov (“Chicago”), Yevgeny Dadonov (“Florida”), Alexander Burmistrov, Vladimir Tkachev (both - “Salavat Yulaev”), Nikita Gusev, Sergey Plotnikov, Nail Yakupov, Alexander Barabanov (all - SKA).

Defender Ivan Provorov will join the national team after he signs a new contract with the club.
Yevgeny Dadonov has a minor injury. To come to the national team, he must receive permission from the club after the restoration.

Artem Anisimov will arrive at the location of the national team on April 26.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
To add to OP:

It's the prelim camp roster. Some players are with the Russia-2 team at a tournament already. They will be added to this camp roster.

No big surprises so far.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Malkin and Kucherov playing together on Russia's top line was the dream of many Russia fans prior to this WC. Nobody thought it would happen, but with both Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay down 2-0 in their playoff series, it is starting to look like a very real possibility.

The great thing is that Malkin-Kucherov have actually shown great on-ice chemistry together when playing for Russia in the past (unlike Malkin-Ovechkin, who had no chemistry).

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Malkin and Kucherov playing together on Russia's top line was the dream of many Russia fans prior to this WC. Nobody thought it would happen, but with both Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay down 2-0 in their playoff series, it is starting to look like a very real possibility.

The great thing is that Malkin-Kucherov have actually shown great on-ice chemistry together when playing for Russia in the past (unlike Malkin-Ovechkin, who had no chemistry).
I expected Pittsburgh to fail(too early btw, it's only two games), but Tampa.... Oh my, my dad is probably furious. He wanted Kucherov and Ovechkin to win the Ross and Richard, but I guess Tampa to win the cup he wanted more. Not likely so far.

Malkin - Kucherov for the first line and Vasilevskiy in net... yeah. But after watching Kucherov's meltdown what would be his mood when they choke that early? The best get out of Tamba would be Sergachyov. He is on fire and we need good defencemen. Him and Provorov for the WHC is gorgeous. I still hope Tampa finds a way though. Too much of a waste to end this kind of a season like that.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Malkin - Kucherov for the first line and Vasilevskiy in net... yeah.

This would be fantastic, and would give Russia a definite edge over the competition both in terms of the 1st line and the goaltending.

I expected Pittsburgh to fail(too early btw, it's only two games), but Tampa.... Oh my, my dad is probably furious. He wanted Kucherov and Ovechkin to win the Ross and Richard, but I guess Tampa to win the cup he wanted more. Not likely so far.

Malkin - Kucherov for the first line and Vasilevskiy in net... yeah. But after watching Kucherov's meltdown what would be his mood when they choke that early? The best get out of Tamba would be Sergachyov. He is on fire and we need good defencemen. Him and Provorov for the WHC is gorgeous. I still hope Tampa finds a way though. Too much of a waste to end this kind of a season like that.

I just find myself cheering against Tampa, just to see Kucherov at the WHC. He is sitting out next game, so no harm in losing that one, either.

As to his mood, I'm sure he will be feeling down, like all NHL players when their teams get eliminated. But his team would be out by April 20th or so, and the WHC doesn't start until May 10th, so he would have plenty of time to get in the right frame of mind to light up the Worlds with Malkin on his line.

A player like Zaitsev from Toronto could help as well, he was excellent at the Worlds last time he played there.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC

That would be an unbelievable line.

Reactions: Casanova

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Bolts and Pittsburgh both down 0-3 in their respective series.
Well, for all the talk about Tampa's depth, no team would survive losing three best/most important players(Kucherov, Hedman, Stralman). And Kucherov's return won't change much, especially while Stamkos is invisible, Johnson and Palat basically dead weight by now. That's a full scale meltdown. I say it started with rewarding Cooper for winning nothing with an extension.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
Roster for games vs Swiss

Goalkeepers: Ilya Konovalov (Lokomotiv), Alexander Georgiev (Rangers), Ivan Bocharov (Dynamo Moscow).

Defenders: Artyom Zub, Dinar Khafizullin (both are SKA), Alexander Yelesin, Nikita Cherepanov, Rushan Rafikov (all are Lokomotiv), Albert Yarullin (Ak Bars), Yegor Yakovlev (New Jersey), Ilya Lyubushkin ( “Arizona”), Artem Sergeev (“Salavat Yulaev”).

Forwards: Anatoly Golyshev (Avtomobilist), Alexander Barabanov, Sergey Plotnikov, Nail Yakupov (all are SKA), Damir Zhafyarov (Torpedo), Vladimir Tkachev, Alexander Burmistrov, Alexander Kadeykin (all - Salavat Yulaev), Pavel Kraskovsky, Yegor Korshkov, Denis Alexeev (all - “Lokomotiv”), Bogdan Yakimov (“Severstal”), Anton Zlobin (“Spartak”).

MrGeno101

Sep 11, 2008
Malkin, Kucherov, Vasilevsky and Sergachev now eligble. Hope they are all healthy :thumbu:

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
Kucherov - Malkin - Dadonov, would be one of the most dangerous line in history of all world cups.

Reactions: Casanova

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
So is Provorov, but he's in the list. Not sure that Buchnevich isn't here only because of that

I think Provorov in the list because he has information about signing a new contract with Philadelphia before WC. Buchnevich I think would belong negations about a contract this summer.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Yeah, there is a lot of questions about, what contract Buchnevich is going to sign. I think, that's the problem. The same as with Panarin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad