WC: 2019 - Team Russia

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Lyubushkin? Why? Just because he now has NHL experience?
Because Russia's D is still bad and has no depth. And beyond the very few usual suspects the guys are pretty much interchangeable and in the same tier.

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
Do you guys think these players will be ready and available for the Euro Hockey Tour starting wednesday May 1?

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
It's interesting how people always have their weird moments. What is that Plotnikov on the 2nd line? Or Georgiev over Sorokin? Or Golyshev on the 4th line?

Plotnikov play very good in the playoff, he's from SKA, he's good playing right now in exhibition games, he plays in PK. If you want to change him and Barabanov in lines.
Golyshev too plays in PK, play in PP, he's good in any line.
Kovalchuk is trash right now, yes probably he will play in WC, but he's terrible.

Mikheyev has an injury and I very sure he's not made in the roster for WC.
And yes Georgiev 2nd keeper, because national team goalkeeper coach doesn't like Sorokin, it's not a secret.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Kucherov, Ovechkin, Malkin, Dadonov, Kuznetzov, Kaprizov, Gusev, Kovalchuk, Kagarlitsky... are you f***ing kidding me?!
This is like the biggest offensive blast EVER!
How are the smaller nations in Group B going to deal with this?! Italy vs. Russia 0-12 ?!? Austria vs. Russia 1-10 ?!? :D
That's not fair. :popcorn:

Reactions: Eye of Ra and jaro

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Plotnikov play very good in the playoff, he's from SKA, he's good playing right now in exhibition games, he plays in PK. If you want to change him and Barabanov in lines.
Golyshev too plays in PK, play in PP, he's good in any line.
Kovalchuk is trash right now, yes probably he will play in WC, but he's terrible.

Mikheyev has an injury and I very sure he's not made in the roster for WC.
And yes Georgiev 2nd keeper, because national team goalkeeper coach doesn't like Sorokin, it's not a secret.

1.Golyshev is not a bottom 6 player. That does not mean he can't play on the PK, but playing him on the 4th line is silly.

2.This coach played Sorokin over his team's Shestyorkin quite a bit. I am not sure where you get the impresssion from he dislikes Sorokin.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Gusev-Malkin-Kucherov
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Dadonov

Is what I would start with.
Even if Tarasenko or Radulov are available?

Also Kaprizov by now surpassed Dadonov easily. Kaprizov around the net, Kuznetsov behind the net and dispatching and Ovechkin bombing away from his office, that's a hockey fan's dream. Also this team might actually have capable defencemen distributing the pucks from the blue line and pinching.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I don't know if this is too early for this question, but will Sergachev be playing in a top 4 role?
That's one of my fears about this coaching staff, that they would consider Sergachyov too young, not good enough or whatever. He is arguably the best OD we have.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Do you guys think these players will be ready and available for the Euro Hockey Tour starting wednesday May 1?
Some of the NHLers will arrive late. They have contract issues, personal issues and so on. Kiselevich has played a game jetlagged, but more established guys will probable get a free pass unless they ask to play like Kovalchuk did. So don't expect guys who will join the team around 27th-29-th April to step right in as a given. Zaytsev will arrive on 5th May, so he is definitely not going to be there.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
That's one of my fears about this coaching staff, that they would consider Sergachyov too young, not good enough or whatever. He is arguably the best OD we have.
Yeah, he is pretty good offensively. He can run a PP from the back pretty well, and I hope he gets chances. I'll be cheering for Canada, but if we don't win I hope Russia does. Wouldn't mind seeing Kucherov, Vasilevskiy and Sergachyov enjoy some success at the tournament

Edit: I noticed you wrote Sergachyov instead of Sergachev. So I replaced the spelling. Is there a reason why he plays with Sergachev on the back of his jersey instead of Sergachyov?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Have to ask... who is the NHL goalie(s)? Who is your NHL D? Provorov and ???

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Edit: I noticed you wrote Sergachyov instead of Sergachev. So I replaced the spelling. Is there a reason why he plays with Sergachev on the back of his jersey instead of Sergachyov?
It's a curious case of cross-language spelling. Same as in "Backstrom', which is actually "Bäckström", but in the NHL the special letters from the other language are replaced by basically similar looking ones. Sergachyov in Russian is Сергачёв pronounced Ser-ga-chyof.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Have to ask... who is the NHL goalie(s)? Who is your NHL D? Provorov and ???
Vasilevskiy and Georgiev in goal. Provorov, Sergachyov, Zaytsev, Orlov confirmed locks. Kiselevich, Yakovlev and Lyubushkin are at camp, but no locks to make the team. Gavrikov and Zadorov might get invites if available.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Vasilevskiy and Georgiev in goal. Provorov, Sergachyov, Zaytsev, Orlov confirmed locks. Kiselevich, Yakovlev and Lyubushkin are at camp, but no locks to make the team. Gavrikov and Zadorov might get invites if available.
So several Art Ross candidates, Hart Trophy candidates, a Vezina calibre goalie and some very solid D. Yeah, this should be a piece of cake.lol

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
whats the deal with Yakovlev-Lyubushkin-Kislevich? russia must have better defenders then that?
Why? Defence is a position of weakness for Russia for years and years now. Also those guys aren't as bad as you make it sound.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Even if Tarasenko or Radulov are available?

Also Kaprizov by now surpassed Dadonov easily. Kaprizov around the net, Kuznetsov behind the net and dispatching and Ovechkin bombing away from his office, that's a hockey fan's dream. Also this team might actually have capable defencemen distributing the pucks from the blue line and pinching.

I concur with that - Kaprizov fits way better on Kuzy's and Ovi's RW. Let Dadonov make that 3rd line dangerous.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Gusev-Malkin-Kucherov
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Dadonov
Kovalchuk-Anisimov-Kaprizov
Telegin-Grigorenko-Andronov
Miheev

Orlov-Provorov
Sergachev-Zaitsev
Elesin-Lyubushkin

Reactions: TheGoldenJet