WC: 2019 - Team Russia

XokkeyGuy

Apr 30, 2013
Do you guys think Radulov will/should be invited (or even accepts an invitation considering the previous few years)? My experience is that a team including both him and Kovalchuk (and this year all the other stars) has too many ego's to work with.. I think Radulov has done his part for the national team now.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I concur with that - Kaprizov fits way better on Kuzy's and Ovi's RW. Let Dadonov make that 3rd line dangerous.
No need for another sniper actually on Ovechkin's line. I actually think Kucherov is the perfect RW for Ovechkin.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
No need for another sniper actually on Ovechkin's line. I actually think Kucherov is the perfect RW for Ovechkin.

Okay, so you meant Gusev-Malkin-Kaprizov? Yeah, why not... Gusev and Kaprizov worked really well on the first line last year.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Do you guys think Radulov will/should be invited (or even accepts an invitation considering the previous few years)? My experience is that a team including both him and Kovalchuk (and this year all the other stars) has too many ego's to work with.. I think Radulov has done his part for the national team now.
Nobody has ever done his part until they retire. Also funny you mention those two. 2009?

I also don't get why people attest "egos" to those guys. Neither Kovalchuk nor Radulov ever had ego issues while they had issues.

Reactions: Omark

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
Nobody has ever done his part until they retire. Also funny you mention those two. 2009?

I also don't get why people attest "egos" to those guys. Neither Kovalchuk nor Radulov ever had ego issues while they had issues.
Agree. Radulov is actually a nice guy and good teammate. He is definitely in the WC if Dallas gets eliminated. Unlike Radulov, I think Kovalchuk might have ego issues in some teams but not in a team that includes Kucherov, Malkin, Ovechkin etc.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Agree. Radulov is actually a nice guy and good teammate. He is definitely in the WC if Dallas gets eliminated. Unlike Radulov, I think Kovalchuk might have ego issues in some teams but not in a team that includes Kucherov, Malkin, Ovechkin etc.
Kovalchuk is a pretty misunderstood guy in my opinion. All people who know him better than a TV hockey fan say he is not at all about himself.

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
Kovalchuk is a pretty misunderstood guy in my opinion. All people who know him better than a TV hockey fan say he is not at all about himself.

Well, my statement was that he has had ego issues in some teams which have been proven. Even his coach Jukka Jalonen told this indirectly in Finnish TV. He didn't even try in many games not mention committing himself to coaches tactics. I think it's irrelevant regarding to my statement what his true personality is if he has shown these things on ice.

However, I have never seen him being arrogant or lazy in national team. He always gives 100% when he's playing for Russia.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Well, my statement was that he has had ego issues in some teams which have been proven. Even his coach Jukka Jalonen told this indirectly in Finnish TV. He didn't even try in many games not mention committing himself to coaches tactics. I think it's irrelevant regarding to my statement what his true personality is if he has shown these things on ice.

However, I have never seen him being arrogant or lazy in national team. He always gives 100% when he's playing for Russia.
His issues are mostly effort and caring and not ego.

Last edited:

Grabovski

Aug 12, 2009
Hamilton, Ontario
Read this today:
Team Russia has added Alex Ovechkin, Evgeni Kuznetsov, Dmitry Orlov, Nikita Zaitsev and Evgeni Dadonov to their 2019 IIHF World Championship roster.
Ovechkin joins after regrettably missing last year’s tournament due to a prior commitment.

First line Ovi - Malkin - Kucherov ?
Yes please.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Read this today:
Team Russia has added Alex Ovechkin, Evgeni Kuznetsov, Dmitry Orlov, Nikita Zaitsev and Evgeni Dadonov to their 2019 IIHF World Championship roster.
Ovechkin joins after regrettably missing last year’s tournament due to a prior commitment.

First line Ovi - Malkin - Kucherov ?
Yes please.

Malkin and Ovi suck together. I think, Ovi will play with Kuznetsov, considering chemistry both have. Kucherov is quite possible to be another winger on the line. Then, the 2nd line is going to be Gusev - Malkin - Kaprizov. Or Gusev - Malkin - Dadonov to use Grigorenko and Kaprizov together on the 3rd line.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
I think, Ovi will play with Kuznetsov, considering chemistry both have. Kucherov is quite possible to be another winger on the line. Then, the 2nd line is going to be Gusev - Malkin - Kaprizov. Or Gusev - Malkin - Dadonov to use Grigorenko and Kaprizov together on the 3rd line.

Malkin and Kucherov have been brilliant together in their NT appearances on one line in the past. That combo should really be tried first. On Ovie's line, Dadonov works as a nice compliment, but Tarasenko is the player I'd want there most (if available).

Malkin and Ovi suck together.

Agreed.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Malkin and Kucherov have been brilliant together in their NT appearances on one line in the past. That combo should really be tried first. On Ovie's line, Dadonov works as a nice compliment, but Tarasenko is the player I'd want there most (if available).

Hm, I don't remember Malkin and Kucherov playing together. I remember Kucherov looked very good with Kuznetsov and Panarin.

Wings4Life

Apr 11, 2007
Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Hm, I don't remember Malkin and Kucherov playing together. I remember Kucherov looked very good with Kuznetsov and Panarin.

Malkin and Kucherov were paired together for only one 'best-on-best' game in the knockout stages of the World Cup of Hockey, against Canada (the eventual champions).

They looked great together, and Malkin assisted on Kucherov's even-strength goal to tie the game 1-1 in the second period.

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
roster update

GK - Vasilevsky, Georgiev, Sorokin
D - Sergachev, Lyubushkin, Nesterov, Blazhievsky, Khafizullin, Zub, Kiselevich, Yelesin, Yakovlev, Sergeyev
F - Tkachyov, Malkin, Kucherov, Grigorenko, Anisimov, Karpizov, Kovalchuk, Andronov, Plotnikov, Mikheyev, Kadeykin, Barabanov, Telegin, Kraskovsky, Golyshev

Zaitsev, Orlov, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Dadonov, Gusev will arrive 27-29 April (Zaitsev arrive 5 May)

out - Bocharov, Konovalov, Cherepanov, Rafikov, Korshkov, Zlobin, Alekseyev, Burmistrov, Zhafyarov and Yakupov

Last edited:
Reactions: Wings4Life

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
roster update

GK - Vasilevsky, Georgiev, Sorokin
D - Sergachev, Lyubushkin, Nesterov, Blazhievsky, Khafizullin, Zub, Kiselevich, Yelesin, Yakovlev, Sergeyev
F - Tkachyov, Malkin, Kucherov, Grigorenko, Anisimov, Karpizov, Kovalchuk, Andronov, Plotnikov, Mikheyev, Kadeykin, Barabanov, Telegin, Kraskovsky, Golyshev

Zaitsev, Orlov, Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Dadonov, Gusev will arrive 27-29 April (Zaitsev arrive 5 May)

out - Bocharov, Konovalov, Cherepanov, Rafikov, Korshkov, Zlobin, Alekseyev, Burmistrov, Zhafyarov and Yakupov
Can't rememeber the last time all cuts were reasonable. Hopefully a good omen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wings4Life

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad