WC: 2019 - Team Russia

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Buchnevich not invited, Shipachyov not invited, Dadonov don't yet have permission from Florida, Provorov doesn't sign the new contract yet if he does not sign a new contract before WC, he's will not play.

Gusev-Malkin-Kucherov
Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Pltonikov
Kaprizov-Anisimov-Grigorenko
Golyshev-Andronov-Barabanov
Kovalchuk

Zaitsev-Orlov
Sergachev-Lyubushkin
Kiselevich-Yelesin
Yakovlev

Vasilevskiy
Georgiev
Sorokin
It's interesting how people always have their weird moments. What is that Plotnikov on the 2nd line? Or Georgiev over Sorokin? Or Golyshev on the 4th line?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Okay, here is the Rotenberg-roster to end the train of dreams:

Gusev - Malkin - Kucherov
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Kaprizov

Nice so far, but that's where nice ends.

Kovalchuk - Anisimov - Yakupov
Telegin - Andronov - Plotnikov

Burmistrov

Zaytsev - Orlov
Nesterov - Zub
Kiselevich - Khafizullin
Sergachyov

And that's the dream team I'd want:

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Kucherov
Panarin - Malkin - Tarasenko
Gusev - Shipachyov - Kaprizov
Kagarlitskiy - Anisimov - Dadonov
Grigorenko

(Yes, I am a strong supporter of the theory that Russia should use it's offensive weapons instead of following a formula invented for a different world)

Provorov - Sergachyov
Zaytsev - Orlov
Gavrikov - Zadorov
Kiselevich - (Nesterov)

Vorobiyov basically confirmed he is planning on 13F, 7D

Vasilevskiy
Sorokin
Georgiev

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
How could you have Kagarlitskiy (!!) on second line?
We are now talking while both Tampa and Washington have craped the bed. Kagarlitskiy right now is 4th on the LW depth chart behind Ovechkin, Panarin and Gusev. Without Ovechkin and Panarin he'd be due for the 2nd line still.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
To be fair, he'd likely be better than Kiselvich, as is Sergachev.
Holy Bias! No, he would't. He is still too young for that.

Sergachyov is arguably our #1/#2 defenceman now. Of course he'd be better.

Last edited:

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Well,

Russia better Shows a Performance like Canada in 2015. Offensively, at least by names, this could very well be the most star powered WC Team ever.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia

Burmistrov

Zaytsev - Orlov
Nesterov - Zub
Kiselevich - Khafizullin
Sergachyov

Grigorenko

(Yes, I am a strong supporter of the theory that Russia should use it's offensive weapons instead of following a formula invented for a different world)

Provorov - Sergachyov
Zaytsev - Orlov
Gavrikov - Zadorov
Kiselevich - (Nesterov)

Vasilevskiy
Sorokin
Georgiev

Barabanov and Mikheyev are locks. Barabanov always looks great on NT, and Mikheyev played very well in the KHL regular, playoffs and Euro Tours. Both can PK as well. Grigorenko will play for sure, so add to them Gusev, Kaprizov and NHLers and here is Team Russia's roster. There is probably place for Plotnikov, Telegin and Andronov, and that's it.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Barabanov and Mikheyev are locks. Barabanov always looks great on NT, and Mikheyev played very well in the KHL regular, playoffs and Euro Tours. Both can PK as well. Grigorenko will play for sure, so add to them Gusev, Kaprizov and NHLers and here is Team Russia's roster. There is probably place for Plotnikov, Telegin and Andronov, and that's it.
That's all the things bad about this roster. Nothing against Barabanov or Mikheev, but they are a tier below.

Omark

Tesla stock
Aug 5, 2011
Espoo, Finland
I don't get why Russia wants to use Telegin and Andronov in the team. I know they probably will but these guys are just so bad hockey players it's actually insane. I don't think in modern hockey anyone would need this kind of forth line. Just use good decent players who can also play offensive game. It's different in leagues where is salary caps which creates a need for cheap 4. liners but in WC there is no such a thing. Look at team Canada's lines in olympics 2014 - there is just the best hockey players they have, every line can play offensive and defensive game.

This is just my opinion but please replace Telegin and Andronov with Kagarlitsky and Khokhalchyov. These guys play PK also in their KHL teams but are capaple to handle to puck and attack.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

sampsuuuuu

Apr 11, 2018
Could some kind soul post an updated list of the confirmed players? Please and thank you.

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Do they keep one or two roster spots open? For example, if the Blue Jackets drop out in the second round, could Panarin come?

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
I don't get why Russia wants to use Telegin and Andronov in the team. I know they probably will but these guys are just so bad hockey players it's actually insane. I don't think in modern hockey anyone would need this kind of forth line. Just use good decent players who can also play offensive game. It's different in leagues where is salary caps which creates a need for cheap 4. liners but in WC there is no such a thing. Look at team Canada's lines in olympics 2014 - there is just the best hockey players they have, every line can play offensive and defensive game.

This is just my opinion but please replace Telegin and Andronov with Kagarlitsky and Khokhalchyov. These guys play PK also in their KHL teams but are capaple to handle to puck and attack.

I always question the inclusion of Andronov and Telegin as well, but they always seem to raise their games when wearing country's colors.

Reactions: Omark

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

Burmistrov

Zaytsev - Orlov
Nesterov - Zub
Kiselevich - Khafizullin
Sergachyov

Grigorenko

Provorov - Sergachyov
Zaytsev - Orlov
Gavrikov - Zadorov
Kiselevich - (Nesterov)

Vasilevskiy
Sorokin
Georgiev
So you have Panarin in, but non Bob?

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Do they keep one or two roster spots open? For example, if the Blue Jackets drop out in the second round, could Panarin come?
Possible additions after 2nd round are:

Tarasenko, Radulov, Panarin, Bobrovskiy, Gavrikov, Zadorov, Barbashev(less likely). I'll leave Khudobin out, because by inviting Georgiev to camp the coaching staff made a statement already and the logjam in goal for Russia is real.

That means 1 spot for Tarasenko/Radulov, 1 spot for Panarin, 2 defencemen spots for Zadorov and Gavrikov. Might go with 1 spot for a defenceman. So basically 2F, 1D looks realistic.

Both Panarin and Bob might decline because of UFA status. Bob I expect to decline or not being invited at all.

Starting the tournament with 11F and 6D is nothing out of the ordinary. The tournament starts later this year. Some 2nd round series could even be over until then. And Russia starts the tournament with games against Norway and Austria. The first tough round robin game against the Czechs is on 13th May. And then Italy and Latvia. No offence to other teams/fans, but Russia can cruise through it with a shortened roster and needs to rally the troops as late as 19th May to meet Switzerland and Sweden in the final round robin games. That's three and a half weeks from the start of the second round.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad