GDT: 2019 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Guys sorry to say this in the scrimmage cooper had rutta with hedman lol I predicted that early this summer!

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Reactions: Todd1a

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
At least your other prediction didnt come true with Phaneuf.

There is always nhl 20 a video game I will have Dion a part of this organization! Lol ha ha hey I’ll take Dion over rutta! I’d probably take girardi over rutta! Man me watching training camp yesterday! I was like why did we waste 1.3 million cap space on rutta ? When cal foote looked pretty good out there ! I guess at the time we didn’t expect shattenkirk to fall in our laps oh well cooper will be married to rutta like sustr now ugh

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We're gonna have to spend that Point money somewhere. :p

Girardi... I can feel it in my bones!

No but for real though that would be absolutely incredible.

Hedman-Girardi
McDonagh-Cernak
Coburn-Sergachev
Shattenkirk

Schenn/Rutta to SYR with Foote getting coffee duty or maybe just Schenn (preferably) as #8

The babysitter distribution on this team is insane

Reactions: Todd1a

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I think he still lives in yzermans old house on Davis island

As far as I know that's still a thing too. It makes sense for him to hang around. Guy doesn't need a major payday. We can extend him similar to Coburn. We don't need to hurry Cal Foote along. Kid was .50 PPG about halfway through his first pro season. Save for the Finn defender Dallas took (I can't think of his name at the moment -but you know who I'm talking about) Foote was probably the safest bet to reach the pros of all the defenders in that draft class.

I do sincerely hope we bring Girardi back. He was at worst a serviceable partner with Hedman and his depth will be invaluable down the stretch because heaven knows we like to get hurt in bunches.

Edit: Miro Heiskanen! The name finally came to me

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
As far as I know that's still a thing too. It makes sense for him to hang around. Guy doesn't need a major payday. We can extend him similar to Coburn. We don't need to hurry Cal Foote along. Kid was .50 PPG about halfway through his first pro season. Save for the Finn defender Dallas took (I can't think of his name at the moment -but you know who I'm talking about) Foote was probably the safest bet to reach the pros of all the defenders in that draft class.

I do sincerely hope we bring Girardi back. He was at worst a serviceable partner with Hedman and his depth will be invaluable down the stretch because heaven knows we like to get hurt in bunches.

Edit: Miro Heiskanen! The name finally came to me
Rutta sucks I would have rather said to girardi hey you want to stay well offer you one year 900 k rather then pay rutta 1.3 avv

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Anyone think volkov will make the big club this year ?
I think he has as good a chance as anybody competing for that open spot, but he's not going to be handed anything. He has to win the job.

Whether they play him with Paquette or Stamkos in the preseason, he's got to be able to play that part.

Last edited:

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Anyone think volkov will make the big club this year ?
I do. I really think he's gonna be a great player for us. Kind of the same feeling I had with Kuch. Not saying he's gonna be THAT good but I do think he will surprise people.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I do. I really think he's gonna be a great player for us. Kind of the same feeling I had with Kuch. Not saying he's gonna be THAT good but I do think he will surprise people.

Ya I think he is a underrated prospect I kind of think example he becomes a good 2nd line forward putting up numbers like johnson and Killorn somewhere in there

Reactions: Master P

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
To be safe: So in case Point misses parts of the reg and we replace him in the lineup with a player who has to pass through waivers like Varhaeghe. Point comes back, does said replacement player (e.g. Varhaeghe) really have to pass through waivers or is there an exemption in such cases?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
To be safe: So in case Point misses parts of the reg and we replace him in the lineup with a player who has to pass through waivers like Varhaeghe. Point comes back, does said replacement player (e.g. Varhaeghe) really have to pass through waivers or is there an exemption in such cases?

when point signs if you send Varhaeghe back to the ahl he has to go through waivers so why not just waive martel ? if martel gets claimed oh well and i doubt he would get claimed but varhaeghe would

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad