GDT: 2019 Tampa Bay Lightning Training Camp

TheThunderYears

100% Cap Compliant
Aug 20, 2007
The Filthy South
^ I can understand his hesitation. Even though his English has improved, I'd be forever weary of saying something that could be misinterpreted or off meaning and having the media run with it. You don't want to accidentally slam a teammate in a contract dispute or butt up against something a coach has said due to a vocab or conjugation error.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
Really not a fan of the way they've handled Domingue. Seems like there was never an actual plan in place.
I agree. The “we’re trying to get him more playing time” always sounded like bullshit to me. He’s getting screwed (unless some deal finally comes through where he DOES actually get more time)

Richard Cranium

Aug 17, 2019
I agree. The “we’re trying to get him more playing time” always sounded like bull**** to me. He’s getting screwed (unless some deal finally comes through where he DOES actually get more time)

How do you know he didn't overplay his hand? ie. They tried to extend him, he wanted a raise, they said "no, we saved your career, you're good with what you got," he still wouldn't extend, JBB said thanks for your time here. Who knows?? I get it that most fans feel like he was a lovable teddy bear figure with all his off-ice antics, but its business first... always will be.

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
How do you know he didn't overplay his hand? ie. They tried to extend him, he wanted a raise, they said "no, we saved your career, you're good with what you got," he still wouldn't extend, JBB said thanks for your time here. Who knows?? I get it that most fans feel like he was a lovable teddy bear figure with all his off-ice antics, but its business first... always will be.
Wasn’t he already signed for an extension? And then we wanted to save money so we got someone cheaper? I thought Louis signed last season. Maybe I am misremembering

Louis Domingue Signs Two-Year Contract With Tampa Bay Lightning

Edit: I don’t care in the slightest what he did off the ice. I care that he helped our team tie a record. I care that we went after another backup under the guise of getting Louis more playing time, and saving (someone said $75k) some money. I will not argue any of you whether the new guy is better (Mc, don’t know how to spell correctly yet). I will have a problem if he doesn’t put up better numbers next (this) season.

Trying to explain myself without sounding like an asshole. Sorry if I failed

Last edited:

Richard Cranium

Aug 17, 2019
Wasn’t he already signed for an extension? And then we wanted to save money so we got someone cheaper? I thought Louis signed last season. Maybe I am misremembering

Louis Domingue Signs Two-Year Contract With Tampa Bay Lightning

Edit: I don’t care in the slightest what he did off the ice. I care that he helped our team tie a record. I care that we went after another backup under the guise of getting Louis more playing time, and saving (someone said $75k) some money. I will not argue any of you whether the new guy is better (Mc, don’t know how to spell correctly yet). I will have a problem if he doesn’t put up better numbers next (this) season.

Trying to explain myself without sounding like an *******. Sorry if I failed

Good points, but McE actually makes more than Dom (150k/yr - not counting the "buried" part).
I have no dog in this fight, I'm good with either Dom or McE. Dom won us some good games last year, but I'm also thinking almost any NHL quality backup is going to rack up wins when his team is netting near 6+ per night in front of him.

Tough for me to feel bad for a guy, or feel mad at a guy, when I don't really know the story behind the scenes.

Reactions: NatoGhost

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Domingue sucks though. He is lucky we scored 10 goals a game with him in the net or he wouldn’t be even close to an NHL job.
This is kind of true. We won a ton of games with him in net, but we were scoring 5 goals a game during that period and he was less than stellar.

Reactions: DFC

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
He might suck but an asset is still an asset, go out and get a draft pick at least. Instead of just waiving him for nothing.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
It's amazing how socially awkward Kuch is with interviewers, he just doesn't care lmao

Is it just me or Stammer looks absolutely YOKED? The guy is ready to rock!
Also, I love how Stammer refers at Pointer as a friend first and foremost, then as a teammate. Having a tight group of guys in the room is a must in order to have success. Our Captain is a great leader.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Our Captain is a great leader.

flat,1000x1000,075,f.jpg

I've got 6 straight playoff losses and pathetic bench sulking that proves otherwise.

Reactions: Werewolf

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's amazing how socially awkward Kuch is with interviewers, he just doesn't care lmao

Also, I love how Stammer refers at Pointer as a friend first and foremost, then as a teammate. Having a tight group of guys in the room is a must in order to have success. Our Captain is a great leader.
It's easy to be yoked the first day of school.

Reactions: Fudge

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

Yoked? Did we watch the same interview?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
This is kind of true. We won a ton of games with him in net, but we were scoring 5 goals a game during that period and he was less than stellar.

He was fine when he was "just a back-up." When we needed him to start a bunch of games, he fell apart, but we won a lot of those games anyway. So they hurt some of his stats while adding to his wins. I think it all came out in the wash and his stats, aside from wins, pretty much accurately reflect what he is. A decent back-up goalie.

While moving on from him is puzzling, it's one of those things where we don't know what happens behind the scenes, and maybe it's for the best. It's not like this is Nikita Kucherov we're moving on from. We've already acquired what should be an upgrade.

Reactions: JoVel

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
He was fine when he was "just a back-up." When we needed him to start a bunch of games, he fell apart, but we won a lot of those games anyway. So they hurt some of his stats while adding to his wins. I think it all came out in the wash and his stats, aside from wins, pretty much accurately reflect what he is. A decent back-up goalie.

While moving on from him is puzzling, it's one of those things where we don't know what happens behind the scenes, and maybe it's for the best. It's not like this is Nikita Kucherov we're moving on from. We've already acquired what should be an upgrade.
Exactly. He was a decent backup, but he was just horrible when he had to be the starter. And you want your backup to atleast not shit the bed if your starter ends up getting hurt. And I know someone will come at me and point out Dom's W/L ratio, and to you I say, get out.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
232AEA75-93ED-45D1-9AA9-65B9CD288242.jpeg
1E5AF560-A7C2-4A72-ABC3-2D76ED9ED825.jpeg
22C9CD81-A694-48B5-9AAD-6CF219A77D91.jpeg
A1B0A444-4DDC-4EB4-82E1-6D6FB83B00EE.jpeg
Stamkos was making a correction to coach cooper lol a lot of our kids look impressive those final two forward spots are going to be a hard decision! Let point sit out don’t cave to his demands we’ll be fine without him. Maroon is a big boy did he get a different fitness test he looked pretty good though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad