Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Agree.

Any idea how he compares to Martinez? I heard he might be even better but I have a hard time believing that.
Doubtful I saw him in a handful of U20 games... wasn't overly wowed or unimpressed. When you watch Martinez play for 5 minutes you see his class rather easily. Not the case with Senesi in my experience. THis doesn't mean Martinez is better automatically but from what I've seen of Martinez I wouldn't bet on Senesi being better. Here's hoping though.

Reactions: Ajacied

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Sandler, Luckassen and Hoedt; all high prospects who failed to reach their upside. Sandler is still young and Hoedt is actually pretty decent. His time in Southampton was just a bit unfortunate. Was very good for Lazio and I believe he even was capped for Oranje during those years. Was hoping AZ, PSV or Feyenoord would look into the possibility of getting him back.

Luckassen sucks ass.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Not sure how much I buy those rumours of Inter wanting him for like 55 million, but I do think they were interested. What happened is that Xhaka doesn't want to leave, it's the same problem with have with Oezil. Besides Mesut's love of the city, I think Xhaka likes the club and why he wants to stay.

I don’t believe or better yet, I don’t think someone would be dumb enough to spend 55 million on Granit Xhaka.

If he doesn’t want to leave, that’s perfectly fine by me, but you leave his ass on the bench because he’s not helping the club on the pitch.

His tackle in the box, that a preschooler wouldn’t even attempt because he knows better, cost us 2 pts and that clown has the privilege of wearing the armband? A captain leads by example and he’s the last guy who should have it, knowing he makes brain dead plays at least once or twice per game while bringing absolutely nothing else to the table.

I’m almost certain that Aubameyang’s post game frustration was mainly directed at Xhaka. You can lose a game to a better rival but when you’re responsible for your own demise, that’s when it becomes inexcusable.

All in all, this guy is a detriment to our team when he’s on the pitch and I can’t wait to see him play elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I find it shocking that Bruno Fernandes wasn't bought by somebody. Sounds like the price might have put some off (Spurs), but he should be at a bigger club in a bigger league (all due respect to Sporting and Liga NOS).

Reactions: robertmac43

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I find it shocking that Bruno Fernandes wasn't bought by somebody. Sounds like the price might have put some off (Spurs), but he should be at a bigger club in a bigger league (all due respect to Sporting and Liga NOS).

By all accounts, spurs wanted him, but Sporting didnt want to negotiate...they stayed firm....which good for them...bad for player

Reactions: les Habs

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I think it'd be interesting to get everyone's take on their respective club's transfer dealings.

With regards to a Barça I'm mixed.

Arrivals:
  • De Jong: Thrilled with this transfer. Absolutely zero complaints.
  • Griezmann: I'll probably warm to this one even though I wouldn't have done it. Fee was fair. I think he's a bit underrated around here. I think he'll gel with the team and already looks to have done. Still for the money I'd have rather taken a punt on Joao Felix.
  • Junior Firpo: This looks like a smart buy. Competition for Alba and looks very good value for money.
  • Neto: Not a fan of this deal at first, but considering what we got for Cillessen coupled with Neto's age and experience I'm fine with it. Finding a quality backup keeper can be tough.
  • Emerson: Don't really get this deal and haven't seen enough of him to make anything of it, but he didn't look great against us. However he'll probably get good experience with Betis though and already has two assists.
  • Cucurella: Obviously a buy-back option taken up. At that price I'm fine with it, but at some point they'll hopefully get something for him and be done with it.
Departures:
  • Coutinho: Happy he's gone, but frustrated that it's not permanent. I fear they'll be taking a big loss with this one. Hopefully he does very well with Bayern and it sparks some interest.
  • Malcolm: Too bad he didn't get more of a chance with the team, but better to offload him.
  • Cillessen: Sad to see him go, but he needed to get more minutes and I respect that and the fee was great.
  • Gomes: Good riddance. Never understood buying him in the first place and all things considered I'm happy with the fee.
  • Alcacer: Absolutely fine with this one. He may be performing at BVB, but he didn't for us.
  • Denis: Fine with this as well. Just not good enough and he deserves more playing time. Made a tidy little profit.
  • Rafinha: Happy with this the whole way round. Hopefully he does well and they get something next Summer.
  • Some more dead weight was cleared out (Vermaelen, etc), so that's good.
Rumors:
  • De Ligt: Really thought this would be a smart move, but I'm glad the club didn't meet his demands. Also glad they won't have to deal with Raiola.
  • Neymar: Glad the deal didn't go through even though I think it might have been better for the team. He chose to leave and we should have got a better deal than what was reportedly being asked.
  • Dembele: Really mixed on him. The potential is there and even the performances, but the injuries... I'd have sold him in the right deal, but I'm also fine he's still here. Hopefully he's fit because that seems to be the big roadblock.
  • Umtiti: Very happy he's staying. Hopefully he can win his starting place back. I think playing regularly would do him a World of good.
  • Rakitic: Disappointed he wasn't sold. I like the guy, he's been great for the club and I think he'll still prove useful, but I think had they been able to get a deal now would have been the time to sell.
  • Semedo: I'm frustrated with him because I think he's much better than he sometimes shows, but I don't put that all on him. Glad he's staying though because we need him at RB and hopefully he plays more this season.
  • Vidal: Can't complain about his performances last season or his attitude, but would have moved him on as well.
  • Todibo: Very happy he's staying and very curious to see how many minutes he gets.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
By all accounts, spurs wanted him, but Sporting didnt want to negotiate...they stayed firm....which good for them...bad for player

Yeah, that's the way it sounds. Curious if you'd have preferred him coming in and Eriksen being sold.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Yeah, that's the way it sounds. Curious if you'd have preferred him coming in and Eriksen being sold.

I am probably the worst person to ask, I have been over Eriksen for over a year...really good player, but feel his poor corners have cost us several points in critical times...so yes, was all for it

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
So, no more Wanyama news today. That's really disappointing. He's going to waste another year sitting in the stands? Could have been a star in Brugge, playing CL football, finally winning a league title..

Ah well

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lionel Messi and the real Messi is Theo Walcott. Basically what I’m saying is they’ve been linked to some very unreasonable names (not Walcott, I could see him coming).

I agree that the MLS doesn’t have the track record of those leagues and probably never will. The style is changing though. They are now playing more attacking football and less hoof and chase. Teams like LAFC and Atlanta are more entertaining than some of the biggest teams in the world. When you look at players that are getting bought by big clubs (mostly in Germany), you can see that teams are seeing something in these players. Now we do have a pretty good generation coming up but just in the past few years, some players that moved include Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig), Miguel Almiron (Newcastle, obviously not developed here but really fine tuned his defensive game), Josh Sargent (Werder Bremen), Weston McKennie (Schalke), Alphonso Davies (Bayern), etc.. Now you can look at a lot of these players and say they moved early in their careers and weren’t fully developed in the MLS and I would agree but these are all players that will be big pieces to their teams (except maybe Davies) this up coming season. I do think that if Palacios were to come it would only be for a couple of seasons before he heads somewhere else. Then again we said the same thing about Barco but that’s more his fault than MLS.

To make a long story short, while their development isn’t top notch or top of the world or anything, it’s definitely getting better. Palacios is a special talent and I think he would be too good for the MLS but that’s because of him not because of the MLS.

Sargent was not developed by MLS. He played for a non-MLS academy in St. Louis before being called into Bradenton, which is like the soccer version of the USNTDP. Kansas City had his home grown rights because of some made up on the spot MLS rule, but he didn't want to sign with them. When he signed with Bremen he remarked that he signed in Europe because he would have a better chance to play right away, and he criticized MLS. That was on the record. Off the record, I can only imagine what he'd say. A few of Sargent's friends are some of the worst examples in recent memory of MLS hurting the career of young American kids.

Almiron sucks. He's been one of the worst Premier League signings in years. The others are unproven as top level players. No quality foreign player should be signing in MLS, if they could sign at a good club in Europe. The level is not high enough, and there have been very few American players who've maintained a high level on the National Team playing in MLS. The league is helpful for players from the Caribbean and Central America to get recognized, and then move on up to Europe. Good teams don't scout much in those areas, but if these players can play well in MLS, they will be signed in Europe.

It's also good for young American kids without a European passport, if they come through the academy of certain clubs. MLS is getting better at using young Americans kids, although there are still some clubs that don't even know they have an academy.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Alcacer: Absolutely fine with this one. He may be performing at BVB, but he didn't for us

He's not performing. You've watched Alcacer play. You know not to look at the goal numbers. He can score goals, but thats about it. He hurts the team play so much because he has no hold up game, and waits for service a few yards from goal. Dortmund usually plays a lot better when he's on the bench, and comes in late when we are pushing numbers forward and need a goal.

Dortmund Transfers.

Permanent Departures:

Pulisic-I would've preferred he stay. He was the best on the team at transporting the ball forward, and we lose a lot of that without him. He was better last season in the final third and had a good season, although he's dealt with a lot of injuries in recent years. Replaceable player, but he's a better option than Hazard.

Isak-He wasn't given much of a chance under Favre. There were rumors of attitude issues. That might've been it. They forced him out quickly and hastily. It's hard to figure out why, if it wasn't attitude issues.

Diallo-He was slightly underwhelming for being a record defensive signing at the time. He was a good option as a rotation player who could start some games, but he wasn't lights out. He added good depth, so we lose some of that this season, but we can get by without him.

Rode-He was the absolute worst player I've seen play at Dortmund the last few seasons, aside from the third goalie. He's done well at other teams. I can't figure out why he's done so terribly for our team.

Kagawa-Not a bad player, but very inconsistent and we had too much depth in his position. We had no use for him anymore.

Philipp-He's an average squad player, but he was completely misused by Favre. He's best as a striker, but Favre thought he was a CAM, which is his fourth best position.

Loans:

Passlack-He's not developed. Hopefully he can have a good career, but he's not a Dortmund player.

Toljan-A terrible signing at the time. Very low on talent.

Schurrle-Big thanks to Tuchel that this guy is still on a contract at the club.

Toprak-There was no room for him after the Balerdi signing. Not a bad player though.

Gomez-We'll see how he develops. He should've played more last season or should've been loaned out a year ago.

Wolf-Not a bad depth player, but we have too much depth at his positions now for him to have much use in the squad.

Arrivals:

Brandt-This looks like a brilliant signing, and will more than make up for Pulisic leaving.

Hazard-Not a bad option, but more of a third winger caliber player at a club like Dortmund. The fee was much better than I thought it would be, so I didn't mind this signing.

Schulz-I liked this signing. We needed a new LB.

Hummels-There are pros and cons, but it set off a chain of events that I don't think makes us better. Hummels has been good early on, but I think it wasn't a good idea to sign him.

Morey-He looked good in preseason, but is now injured. Looks like a good signing though, although we'll have to see him prove that when the games matter.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Monaco have been busy this transfer window, lots of players added. they got some nice depth.

lecomte
aguilar - glik - maripan - henrichs
balde - fabregas - golovin - martins
slimani - yedder

subasic
toure - jemerson - naldo - badiashile
augustin - silva - bakayoko - onyekuru
jovetic - pellegrini

others in the team:

benaglio
millot
seyla
dias
geubbels
boschhilia
sylla
diop
Zagre

imo monaco is strong enough to fight for a top 4 spot.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So between the winter window and this summer window United have done the following:

Left permanently: Fellaini, Herrera, Darmian, Lukaku, Valencia
Loaned out: Sanchez, Smalling
Brought in: James, AWB, Maguire

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A PSG member on Neymar to @RMCsport: "It was important that he remains for the project but especially to avoid strengthening Barça. It's better to play with a little sad Neymar than defend against a Neymar in great shape. "

Little, sad Neymar. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad