Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 9

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
With Falcao going to Galatasaray, striker Mbaye Diagne will be loaned to Club Brugge. That's a bit weird because they are in the same CL group - also, Diagne scored 31 goals last season and now they're getting rid of him for an ageing Falcao?

On the other hand, he was being linked to Anderlecht so it's nice to see him going to Brugge instead :D

Anderlecht still looking to make a last minute deal for a striker as well. They now have Dimata (injured), Kemar Roofe (injured) and Isaac Kiese Thelin who looks to be on his way to FC Copenhagen today.

Meanwhile Steven Defour to Antwerp is being finalized

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Saw something about Eriksen going to Juventus on a Bosman next Summer.

Juve going for a player on a free transfer? What a shocker! lol I am not surprised, I figured they would go after him since his contract is coming to an end. Cheap bastards!

Icardi looks like going to PSG on loan.

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Just saw Keylor Navas get out of a car in front of a hotel near the arc de triomphe. Peen can confirm the transfer.
FW8pxG0.jpg

#peenarazzi

Last edited:

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Gent close to signing Faris Haroun from Antwerp, and will loan midfielder Franko Andrijasevic to Rijeka

Antwerp doing plenty of business themselves today. They'll probably announce both Zino Gano and Manuel Benson from Genk and they're negotiating with Southampton over a Wesley Hoedt loan move

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
  • Lisandro Magallan (CB - Ajax) will be loaned out to Deportivo Alaves for the remainder of the season. No news on a buy option, but I figure it's included.
  • Torino acquired Oussma Idrissi (LW - AZ) from AZ for 12M.
  • Marcos Senesi (CB - San Lorenzo) presented by Feyenoord this morning. He costed them nearly 8M.
  • Vyacheslav Karavaev (RB - Vitesse) sold to Zenith for 8M.
  • Bild mentions Ajax want Dennis Aogo, who is a free agent. This has been denied by more reliable Ajax insiders however.
  • A Bola mentions PSV want Victor Wanyama from Tottenham.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
  • Lisandro Magallan (CB - Ajax) will be loaned out to Deportivo Alaves for the remainder of the season. No news on a buy option, but I figure it's included.
  • Torino acquired Oussma Idrissi (LW - AZ) from AZ for 12M.
  • Marcos Senesi (CB - San Lorenzo) presented by Feyenoord this morning. He costed them nearly 8M.
Good move for him... These are the moves they should be making.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Holy ****, Icardi is an amazing replacement for Cavani. Now they're going to actually go out and win something once the Neymar situation gets dealt next window.

He's bigger physically than some successful players at the top level in England.
He's certainly declined, but he's been playing professional football since 17 and has been a senior international since 17. I don't think his decline is about not being able to handle the rigors of the Premier League, which has become more and more about skill over physicality with the money being spent on all Premier League teams for players from abroad. I think his decline has a lot to do with a player who is over the hill and is past his physical prime as an athlete.
As I said when he was at BVB, I will say the same report again. He is a polarizing player because he has some very good strengths and some very bad weaknesses. And as such those weaknesses make him very inconsistent even though his age has definitely crept up on him. He's always had good playmaking skills and why Arsenal chose him to see if he could rekindle his chemistry with Auba. He's always been a shoddy finisher though, either scoring a goal you wouldn't expect or shoot it into the 9th row. Sucks to lose more depth when the season just started, but if him gone means we get to see more of the kids then I am all for this deal. Got no ill towards Mhki, just thought the BuLi fans overrated his ability on this board. We'll probably all forget about him five years from now...

We should’ve sold Xhaka this summer, regardless of the price. The guy has rocks for brains. He just can’t help himself from making dumb tackles, putting his team in trouble each and every time.
Not sure how much I buy those rumours of Inter wanting him for like 55 million, but I do think they were interested. What happened is that Xhaka doesn't want to leave, it's the same problem with have with Oezil. Besides Mesut's love of the city, I think Xhaka likes the club and why he wants to stay.

Last edited:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Damn that's a lot of money. Based on those two games against Antwerp I didn't think he was anything special. Gotta figure they'll hit the jackpot with Stengs and Boadu when they sell them.

Not a fan of Idrissi, either. Lacks consistency and I think he plays too much for himself rather than the team. He does have great skills and speed. Good dribbler with goal scoring instincts and a Moroccan international to boot. His games vs Antwerp weren't impressive, I agree. I don't think anyone looked particularly good, though, but AZ is managed well in terms of negotiating. Just sold Til for a little under 20M and refused similar bids on Koopmeiners. Sold Jahanbaksh (19), Weghorst (11) and Janssen (22) during the previous two summers. They always seem to get their money's worth. But 12M for Idrissi is a bit overpriced if it even is finalized in time. Haven't seen any official reports from both teams yet.

Boadu is still too raw to put a price tag on, but Stengs will break their transfer record. Something between 30 and 40 wouldn't shock me and would be huge for the 4th ranked team in the Eredivisie based on budget.

Last edited:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Did I mention how badly run AS Roma are? They're paying for all of Smalling and Mkhitaryan's wages. Banter FC.

Reactions: S E P H

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad