Transfer: 2019 Summer Transfers News, Rumors, and Discussion; Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Can only wish Malcolm well. He never got a fair shot from Valverde who the vast majority of the time didn't even play him in his best position.

Would love to see a Coutinho sale or loan with obligation to buy.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If you look back at one of my posts Dybala's imaging rights might be a problem with his possible legal action against him.

And, it's not out the norm Inter might make another attempt to sign him

Well it would be futile since the clubs have agreed on issues already and Lukaku as well. The image rights thing is the only issue that needs to cleared.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
This transfer window is a bit mind boggling for me as a Liverpool fan.

Apparently Arsenal had £40M to spend before any sales and it is now pretty clear they will surpass that amount and that is disregarding potential new incoming, on the other side, Liverpool that just won the Champion League and with a record net income last year and they have not got anybody and are more of a seller than a buyer. Klopp mentioning many time that he is happy with the team.

I am really starting to believe that Liverpool are indeed in the red and they will need to sell to keep the current team intact.

I believe Liverpool have a real good starting squad but their depth is definately laughable. They better be lucky and not get any serious injury to a key player.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool are not in the f’n red. This isn’t Hicks and Gillette.

All of Liverpool’s beat writers have been saying it would be a quiet summer since late winter/early spring. Just because people didn’t want to believe it (and yes it hasn’t been a good window) doesn’t mean they are in the red.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
They didn't buy anybody because they don't really need to buy another top player. That seemed clear when watching Brewster this preseason. They need to start giving more games to the young players they have. In addition, their wage bill probably increased more last season than any other team in the world. They also had to pay out massive bonuses and incentives in those transfers for winning the CL.

The latter part is something that people tend to forget. When a team actually wins something they are spending a lot of money just because of that, they are paying a premium on the great transfers they already made over the last few years.

They did also improve the training ground at a cost of 50m without taking out a loan like some other clubs would do. They will probably also expand the stadium again without taking out a loan.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They’ve also made pretty clear that they don’t really see the desire to go get 80 million of player to play 18-20 matches. They’re not broke, but they’re not City. Maybe Pepe decided he rather go take time from Iwobi and basically no one than compete for minutes behind Mane and Salah. Not to mention, they’ve made assurances to Brewster to give him playing time. Otherwise he’s wearing yellow and black and in Germany. Origi leaves if not for some playing time considerations.

I’m all for buying a top class attacker, but I think Liverpool have decided to wait. Ox coming back and Brewster healthy are like two new signings. The same could be argued for Keita who played only short stretches.

I think an argument could be made for a left back, but they wanted Lloyd Kelly for 10 or so and Bournemouth paid 16+, along with much more likelihood of playing. Robertson is a massive road block for anyone good coming here unless they are willing to sit the bench and Klopp doesn’t want that.

It’s a gamble, but I know if Klopp wanted a player, they’d make the funds available. I think this summer they decided paying big money for moderate parts wasn’t their plan. They likewise want to improve the squad by seeing what they have and familiarity more so than having to blood new talent.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Note I would consider both Ziyech and Lozano, though I think the former is closer to what they feel Coutinho brought when he was here and I don’t know that they are ever really in for Lozano.

I mean, is either really going to play a ton for Liverpool? I think Klopp after not getting Fekir considered whether he wanted that style player and they’ve decided it fits better not to have them.

The only thing I have is who spots Mane? Mane is the first player on the attacking team sheet no matter how they want to play. But what player is comfortable sitting behind him and being his deputy beyond a young player or someone they overpay wages to (which would make other problems)

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He played twice last season. If he was able to play at all last season a lot of the discussion on this forum would be quite different.
His knee is prone to exploding every season, I was worried for him every-time he played. Hopefully those are past him, but I doubt it.

Solid player who was always amazing in pre-season.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also Brewster scored or assisted every 47 minutes in preseason apparently. He and Wilson were fantastic.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Note I would consider both Ziyech and Lozano, though I think the former is closer to what they feel Coutinho brought when he was here and I don’t know that they are ever really in for Lozano.

I mean, is either really going to play a ton for Liverpool? I think Klopp after not getting Fekir considered whether he wanted that style player and they’ve decided it fits better not to have them.

The only thing I have is who spots Mane? Mane is the first player on the attacking team sheet no matter how they want to play. But what player is comfortable sitting behind him and being his deputy beyond a young player or someone they overpay wages to (which would make other problems)

Ziyech is a CAM of origin. I think he would be Liverpool's most dangerous midfielder. He would bring a shit load of creativity and would connect midfield with the forwards much better.

------------- Firmino -----------
Mané --------------------- Salah
-------------- Ziyech ------------
--- Wijnaldum - Fabinho -----

Though I still think Arsenal's style fits him much better.
Lozano had a very weak 2018/2019 campaign and all signs seem to point out he'll be much of the same this year. He needs a change of scenery, but playing in the rotation for Liverpool likely won't be helpful. I'd pass on him.

Last edited:

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
So the Premier League is new? It has no relation to the previous first division?

Before 2016-17, Arsenal had been a better team than Liverpool for almost 30 years with a few exceptions.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Only thing Coutinho is better at was making Liverpool an insane amount of money, which was a dumb move at the time and looks even worse now. He was never better than Ozil in the PL.

Özil was better in the PL, I agree. Sadly Özil isn’t the player he used to be anymore.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Only thing Coutinho is better at was making Liverpool an insane amount of money, which was a dumb move at the time and looks even worse now. He was never better than Ozil in the PL.
I still can't believe he made team of the year over Ozil who broke the assist record with Giroud as his striker.

Reactions: AB13

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Ziyech is a CAM of origin. I think he would be Liverpool's most dangerous midfielder. He would bring a **** load of creativity and would connect midfield with the forwards much better.

------------- Firmino -----------
Mané --------------------- Salah
-------------- Ziyech ------------
--- Wijnaldum - Fabinho -----

Though I still think Arsenal's style fits him much better.
Lozano had a very weak 2018/2019 campaign and all signs seem to point out he'll be much of the same this year. He needs a change of scenery, but playing in the rotation for Liverpool likely won't be helpful. I'd pass on him.

I don’t know if that’s how Klopp wants to setup. He wants more fluidity in the midfield, so I’m not sure he quite fits what they want to do.

That said, sometimes I feel it’s best to get in talent and let the manager figure it out.

It’s all a moot point as they’re not going to go get him.

Reactions: Ajacied
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad