21. Scott McTominay - 32.51
  22. Nemanja Matic - 32.26
  23. Juan Mata - 31.79
  24. Luke Shaw - 31.03

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
United improves with Maguire, but regardless of how good he is, 80 million is still beyond funny. You'd think it was a sketch by Kevin Hart it's such good material.

I think Arsenal have to figure out on how to improve their Defense before pointing out the price paid for Maguire by Manchester United.
We did, 30 million for Saliba and Arsenal is about to close the Tierney deal...so not sure what you're getting at. Don't get me wrong it's a risk to sign a player that young, but he has all the tools to become Hummels 2.0 and that's a player Arsenal hasn't had since the early 2000s or at all.

Not that he's going to make a difference in regards to winning the EPL, but Arsenal are once again linked with Rugani as well.
Would be hilarious for arsenal to get coutinho
I would laugh as well, but Edu is going to Edu. Not that I would consider it bad, Coutinho isn't a winger and why he failed at Barca. If you play him as a CAM and allow to use his technical prowess, then you'll get a world class player easily.

If that rumour has any smoke to it, I am hopeful that it is a loan swap for Ozil. Then that would be hilarious!

Reactions: AB13

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
We did, 30 million for Saliba and Arsenal is about to close the Tierney deal...so not sure what you're getting at. Don't get me wrong it's a risk to sign a player that young, but he has all the tools to become Hummels 2.0 and that's a player Arsenal hasn't had since the early 2000s.

Not that he's going to make a difference in regards to winning th CL, but Arsenal are once again linked with Rugani.

I would laugh as well, but Edu is going to Edu. Not that I would consider it bad, Coutinho isn't a winger and why he failed at Barca. If you play him as a CAM and allow to use his technical prowess, then you'll get a world class type of player.

If that rumour has any smoke to it, I am hopeful that it is a loan swap for Ozil. Then that would be hilarious!
Arsenal fans are overly sensitive. I did not criticized their team. I just pointed out that Maguire would fix Man United defensive struggle unlike Arsenal because Saliba is not playing next year and Tierney while amazing he played in the scottish premier league. He should need time to adjust.(Also he is still not signed yet)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Saliba is not playing next year and Tierney while amazing he played in the scottish premier league. He should need time to adjust.
Well good news for us because we ain't winning the EPL next year. I am not targeting you Jeffery, but other EPL fans have constantly said here that Arsenal desperately need a rebuild, which I fully agree with. We're rebuilding, but yet we still get bashed for not improving our club this year. I don't know how fans can display such flip-flop techniques that it rivals politics. Yeah Saliba and Tierney are risks, but you don't gain anything without stepping into the unknown.

Someone mentioned that Arsenal is like Liverpool before the VvD signing and honestly I see a lot of resemblance. A very good and deep youth academy who are on the verge of graduating to first team with some shrewd transfers at prime positions. Remember how much Liverpool was bashed due to their goaltending and defensive tendencies? Arsenal is facing the same criticism and it is warranted, but the only thing we got to look forward to next year is obviously top 4, FA Cup, and perhaps another deep Europa run. It's nothing special for this season, but the optimism for the future is shining through the clouds.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It says a lot about Coutinho that Liverpool has no interest in him even at a massively cut price or loan scam type thing.

It is very difficult to have a strong team overall with him in it. If he's in the team, he has to be the main playmaker. He is too inconsistent to bring results every game. In addition to that he will not help very much tracking back.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

Classic Juve. They'll trade Dybala for the donkey Lukaku, but won't loan us their 5th string CB.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
It says a lot about Coutinho that Liverpool has no interest in him even at a massively cut price or loan scam type thing.

It is very difficult to have a strong team overall with him in it. If he's in the team, he has to be the main playmaker. He is too inconsistent to bring results every game. In addition to that he will not help very much tracking back.
Could be worse, you could have our #10.

Classic Juve. They'll trade Dybala for the donkey Lukaku, but won't loan us their 5th string CB.

That's because Chiellini currently has a calf problem which is making them cautious. If he didn't, he would already be signed with us.

Reactions: Cassano

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Could be worse, you could have our #10.

That's because Chiellini currently has a calf problem which is making them cautious. If he didn't, he would already be signed with us.
Still have Dmiral, De Ligt, Bonucci and Emre Can as emergency CB.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
No, Özil is not close to Coutinho.

Only thing Coutinho is better at was making Liverpool an insane amount of money, which was a dumb move at the time and looks even worse now. He was never better than Ozil in the PL.

Reactions: cujo1117

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
He works for a lot of teams, but he dribbles too much and likes outside shots way more than Klopp or the analytics want. He basically takes a Ferrari and wants to go 10 MPH. Sure, it eventually works, but Klopp has always wanted precise and quick.

It’s partially why I worry that Wilson might struggle in how Liverpool plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad